HOW TO HOP: Getting from One Park to Another

This should be a sticky, I need this!
No need for a stickie...this is what we do here. You ask the question, we'll get you the answer. No need to be constantly bumping....if someone needs to know something, they just need to ask.

I'm glad this thread is here, too. Sometimes it's nice to just be able to find the answers without reading through pages of conversation or squabbling.

There is NO squabbling on this board. Just doesn't happen. Okay, maybe once in awhile, but for the most part it's a terrific, informational place to be.
The problem with threads like this one is that people post a question in it and it gets forgotten. It's usually much better to just post your own question and get the answer you need pretty quickly.

Yeah! I glad I found this thread! :cool1:I just spent 10 mins. looking for it! We are leaving in a couple days...... sooooo excited!

Ruby

Some would say, "Transportation and Ticket Center," but I'm going to throw out convention here and
let it stand. ;)

Actually, from WDW's nomenclature point of view, it is the "Transportation and Ticket Center" and not the Ticket and Transportation Center...

Actually, from WDW's nomenclature point of view, it is the "Transportation and Ticket Center" and not the Ticket and Transportation Center...
But old habits die so hard. I learned it, incorrectly I will admit, as the Ticket and Transportation Center, so it will always be that for me. It's just not that big a deal..it's the TTC.

But old habits die so hard. I learned it, incorrectly I will admit, as the Ticket and Transportation Center, so it will always be that for me. It's just not that big a deal..it's the TTC.

Agreed...it just seems easier to say it backwards :)

I am a bit confused, so I thought I'd just ask if anyone can help me determine the fastest method of transportation to parks/resorts. We will be staying at AKL and will be going to the following:
  • AKL to MK
  • AKL to DHS
  • DHS to Epcot
  • Epcot to AKL
  • AKL to Epcot
  • MK to Grand Floridian
  • Grand Floridian to AKL
  • AKL to Polynesian
  • DHS to DTD
  • DTD to Epcot
  • AKL to Polynesian

Any suggestions are appreciated!

I am a bit confused, so I thought I'd just ask if anyone can help me determine the fastest method of transportation to parks/resorts. We will be staying at AKL and will be going to the following:
  • AKL to MK Direct bus
  • AKL to DHS Direct bus
  • DHS to Epcot Boat or walk to International Gateway; bus to Epcot's front entrance
  • Epcot to AKL Direct bus
  • AKL to Epcot Direct bus
  • MK to Grand Floridian Launch or monorail
  • Grand Floridian to AKL Direct bus
  • AKL to Polynesian Bus to MK, then launch or monorail
  • DHS to DTD Bus to any resort then bus to DTD, or walk (or boat) to Epcot-area resort then bus to DTD
  • DTD to Epcot Walk (or boat) to Epcot-area resort then bus to DTD
  • AKL to Polynesian You already asked ;) but Bus to MK, then launch or monorail

Easy enough!

note one: "launch" = small boat, but not that small
note two: written early AM, not entirely awake - if there are errors here, POLITE corrections are appreciated; abrupt, rude, superior, insulting ones will not be.

• AKL to MK.....bus runs between parks and resorts
  • AKL to DHS...again, bus
  • DHS to Epcot....bus, walk along the sidewalk or take a boat
  • Epcot to AKL...bus
  • AKL to Epcot..bus
  • MK to Grand Floridian...boat or monorail
  • Grand Floridian to AKL....go to MK (boat or monorail), get AKL bus
  • AKL to Polynesian....bus to MK, boat or monorail to Polynesian
  • DHS to DTD....walk/boat to BW, bus to DTD
  • DTD to Epcot...bus to BW or BC, walk to Epcot
  • AKL to Polynesian....see above

It is actually quite easy to get around WDW. There are no buses between any parks and DTD though. You must go to a resort and transfer to a DTD bus there.

Ok, I think I have this right but not sure so I thought I would verify here.

We arrive on Saturday, staying at POFQ, my plan is to boat over to DTD when we get in to grab a bite for lunch. Once through with lunch we want to head over to MK. I know there's no direct transportation to the parks from DTD, would it be best to take a bus back to a monorail resort or is there a bus to the TTC from DTD?

There are no buses, from DTD, to any parks. TTC is 'part' of MK, so to speak. That is where buses will drop you, if coming from another park. So...you can take the CR bus from DTD and then walk over to MK...there is a nice sidewalk and it takes about 8 mins.

Sounds good, we'll probably take the monorail though since it's our friends first trip and I want him to have a ride on the monorail the first day. I'm thinking we'll just hop on whichever monorail resort bus shows up first.

Grand Floridian to AKL Direct bus

Easy enough!

note one: "launch" = small boat, but not that small
note two: written early AM, not entirely awake - if there are errors here, POLITE corrections are appreciated; abrupt, rude, superior, insulting ones will not be.

The only thing I noticed was I don't think you can take a direct bus from Grand Floridian to AKL. I think you would want to monorail to MK or TTC and the take the bus to AKL from there.

p.s. why up so early.... sleep is our friend. :)

The only thing I noticed was I don't think you can take a direct bus from Grand Floridian to AKL. I think you would want to monorail to MK or TTC and the take the bus to AKL from there.

p.s. why up so early.... sleep is our friend. :)
You're correct. I'm thinking that kaytieeldr thought it said AK not AKL. Good catch!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter