How to Make a Room Request

Abatts

Mouseketeer
I'm sure this is answered somewhere, but I'm having trouble searching for it.. How do I make a specific room request? I'm looking to make one for our upcoming WL trip. Do they still fax in request on Touring Plans? Or do I note it when I check-in online? I've already done on-line check in (arrival is 3/6), but I can edit it, I think.
Thanks!

You have to wait till you are within 10 days of arrival, then call the front desk direct ( 407-824-3200) and submit your request. We are going to WL in a few days and I called in and requested the same room number we stayed at last time, but also said it could be the room either side of it if that one wasn't available, I mostly wanted the location.

You have to wait till you are within 10 days of arrival, then call the front desk direct ( 407-824-3200) and submit your request. We are going to WL in a few days and I called in and requested the same room number we stayed at last time, but also said it could be the room either side of it if that one wasn't available, I mostly wanted the location.

Incorrect information
1) Reservation information is not transferred to the resort until 5 days in advance of checkin.
2) You can call the main Disney reservations line at any time after you make your reservation and make your request. It is noted on your reservation and it is the source the room assigners look at when assigning rooms. This is the best way to make a reservation request. You have a limited choice on the online form, but be careful these do not conflict with those noted already on your reservation.
3)The number noted above is NOT THE RESORT. It is an offsite Call Center. Resort numbers are all answered by a Call Center. Calling this number really does no good.
4) Requesting a specific room number is not recommended. If that room is occupied on your checkin in day - which is likely - the room assigner has no idea why you wanted that room. It is best to make a generic request that states what you are looking for "High Floor, Near Elevator" Or "Pool View" etc.

Last edited:
Incorrect information
1) Reservation information is not transferred to the resort until 5 days in advance of checkin.
2) You can call the main Disney reservations line at any time after you make your reservation and make your request. It is noted on your reservation and it is the source the room assigners look at when assigning rooms. This is the best way to make a reservation request. You have a limited choice on the online form, but be careful these do not conflict with those noted already on your reservation.
3)The number noted above is NOT THE RESORT. It is an offsite Call Center. Resort numbers are all answered by a Call Center. Calling this number really does no good.
4) Requesting a specific room number is not recommended. If that room is occupied on your checkin in day - which is likely - the room assigner has no idea why you wanted that room. It is best to make a generic request that states what you are looking for "High Floor, Near Elevator" Or "Pool View" etc.
Incorrect information
I just called that number six days ago and talked to the front desk and gave the request I noted on my post. I had called previously which I thought was 10 days and was told that the reservation info wasn't transferred to the resort until 10 days in advance which included the day I arrive, so I called the next day and they had the info and took my request. I have done this 2 times in the last three months, so it is not incorrect as far as I am concerned.

You are probably right there but I did get my request the first time and and was able to get the information put in I requested this time. A couple of years ago I had put in a request with Disney Reservations for the WL and they only made a simple note which didn't get the area I wanted so I have since used this number to call. I like to stay on the the lower level on the side of the hotel where the Roaring Fork quick service is and the exit of that floor is the quick way to the boat transportation. They do not put that info on in detail unless I call within the 10 day time period as far as I have experienced.

Incorrect information
You are probably correct that it is not the resort but they have told me they were the front desk and I did get my requests in detail and they got me into the room area I wanted.

This is also why we tell people on site never to CALL the front desk with a room issue. Always walk down (or call housekeeping). Even from the room, it goes to an off-site call center.
Thank You, that is good information to know. I did have a problem with housekeeping last time and called front desk and nothing was done. Later I saw housekeeping in the hall and let them know and they called someone and took care of it very soon afterward.

Thanks!

You do not have to wait. Call and have it noted now. Waiting doesn't help. But please remember you are just making a request, there is never a guarantee you will get what you want. Either you are lucky or you are not.

You are probably right there but I did get my request the first time and and was able to get the information put in I requested this time. A couple of years ago I had put in a request with Disney Reservations for the WL and they only made a simple note which didn't get the area I wanted so I have since used this number to call. I like to stay on the the lower level on the side of the hotel where the Roaring Fork quick service is and the exit of that floor is the quick way to the boat transportation. They do not put that info on in detail unless I call within the 10 day time period as far as I have experienced.

That likely had almost nothing to do with how the request was made and almost everything to do with it not being available.

A request is ONLY a request. No matter how it is made.

Your call will not go directly to the front desk. It will go to a call center. Just add your requests to your reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter