How to use a Cruise Credit

mm824

Mouseketeer
Hello!

We were scheduled to sail on the March 13th cruise that was cancelled the day prior. We were offered a 150% cruise credit, which we happily took, but aren't sure how to use it.

On a new cruise, concierge would cost us more than we'd want to spend, and most of the cruises and dates we are interested in are less than half of the credit amount.

Can anyone tell me what happens if you do not use the credit in full? Can the remainder be used towards a second Disney cruise, WDW park days, or elsewhere?

Also, it's my understanding that we have to *sail* (not just book) within the 15-months following the original date of the cruise. Is this correct?

I’ve spoken to DCL about this (we have a 125% credit for our european cruise).

we’ve used ours to rebook for a Caribbean cruise next year and added on a WDW stay afterwards. We were able to use the cruise credit towards the cruise, resort rooms & park tickets.

You could, of course, hit the jewellers on board ( which was my wife’s initial plan when she realised we’d have over $4000 in leftover credit).

we’ve used ours to rebook for a Caribbean cruise next year and added on a WDW stay afterwards. We were able to use the cruise credit towards the cruise, resort rooms & park tickets.
I had no idea you could apply the credit towards a WDW resort stay along with tickets. Is this part of a land and sea package?

I had no idea you could apply the credit towards a WDW resort stay along with tickets. Is this part of a land and sea package?
Yes. The only down side (for us) is that you can’t add the DDP on to the booking.

I don’t usually recommend the land & sea packages as you pay rack rate for the rooms & can’t take advantage of any discounts or special offers. On this occasion, however, it’s working out better for us to use the credit rather than pay out of pocket.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter