~How TWO trips became...who knows? ~ It's a TRIP! and an upgrade.... 4/22

Do you know my DH? :lmao: Golf and a massage might do it! Of course, if he plays hardball, DD and I will just have to go ourselves. I started talking to DH about a trip to Florida later this year to go to the beach and to vist those other parks that we shall not name and thought I could plan it so we could go to MNSSHP. I tell DH everything except my secret MNSSHP part and the first thing he says is that might be okay but I am not stepping foot on WDW property. So he is on to me!

As for the 5 years, see my comments above on that. :rolleyes1

Bummer...hopefully he will "give into the force" and go party with Mickey. I know that all it would take for my DH to be compliant would be the Nascar thing, golf and a promise of video games at DisneyQuest.

Subbing....

I've been on a TR binge lately. Remember when I said I had about 35-40 subscribed threads about 2 days ago? Add another 20 to that!:rotfl:

:rotfl: Happy Birthday to Lauren!!!

Happy Birthday Lauren!!!!

Okay, I'm a day late, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LAUREN!!!!!!! :goodvibes

Happy Birthday, Lauren, from your new friends in Kazakhstan! Hey, our Rebekah is turning 16 on Saturday!!! YOU ladies are only days apart!

Have a wonderful and blessed birthday. May you continue to grow in His Grace and Love.

Happy Birthday Lauren! What a special young lady she is.

:bday:
Happy "Late" Birthday Lauren!

Thank you so much for all of the Happy Birthday wishes for Lauren!!

She had a good birthday! We took her out to eat and had a HUGE chocolate cake.

No pictures. I know. I am getting a new camera. Soon! :)

At least metric conversions are all basic powers. Every time I have to wade into imperial conversions I get a little lost. I can do the math, but, the numbers seem to come out of nowhere.

I have no idea what an imperial conversion even is?!?!? What is that? Should I know what that is? :lmao:

Do you know my DH? :lmao: Golf and a massage might do it! Of course, if he plays hardball, DD and I will just have to go ourselves. I started talking to DH about a trip to Florida later this year to go to the beach and to vist those other parks that we shall not name and thought I could plan it so we could go to MNSSHP. I tell DH everything except my secret MNSSHP part and the first thing he says is that might be okay but I am not stepping foot on WDW property. So he is on to me!

That is hilarious! :rotfl:

I didn't say too many just a lot to track. The more Maroo the better!

You are so sweet!!!! :hug: Made my day!

Le Cellier is great and so is CP. I definitely recommend breakfast there especially if you want to/can get an early ADR before park opening.

Gosh!! I really can't decide. And Sharon has basically said she will do whatever I decide. :scared1: How wonderful and scary all at the same time!!! :eek:

Bummer...hopefully he will "give into the force" and go party with Mickey. I know that all it would take for my DH to be compliant would be the Nascar thing, golf and a promise of video games at DisneyQuest.

:lmao:

Subbing....

I've been on a TR binge lately. Remember when I said I had about 35-40 subscribed threads about 2 days ago? Add another 20 to that!:rotfl:

Yeah...

I have been seeing you on every thread :eek:...which is a bad sign! It is great to have you around! And your comments crack me up!

We might need a 12 step program.

Hello, my name is Mary...:rotfl:

An Update...

Ok! So I have been thinking a lot about what restaurants, etc.

I think I have decided one thing...Sharon does not really like the Magic Kingdom. It is not that she doesn't like it...honestly...she just has been to the Magic Kingdom a lot and would rather slowly tour the other parks!

So...we are only going to spend one day at MK! :eek:

So, our meal for Magic Kingdom will be Crystal Palace! That is a sure thing. Just not sure if we should do early breakfast or lunch. What do you guys think? :confused3 Of course, part of this depends on if Sharon wants to get up that early! :thumbsup2

The other thing I am wondering...

We are going to do ONE MK Fireworks meal. The MAIN goal will be to see the Fireworks in the coolest way possible, because it will be the only time that Sharon will see them. The secondary consideration is the food/atmosphere!

The decision, I think, is between California Grill and Ohana's. Do you guys have other suggestions for this particular goal oriented meal? Or which of these two would you recommend the most!

Also...it looks like I may have one whole day on my own...solo again!!! :)

So...I am back to wondering what TS restaurants might be good for me to do solo! I have already done Biergarten and want to try something new! Would Ohana be ok solo? What about the Hoop Dee Doo Show? Would California Grill be good to eat and watch the fireworks if I was completely by myself? Any other suggestions of places I could eat by myself?

If you want to see the fireworks I'd suggest California Grill over Ohanas. I've watched from both places, but the view from California Grill was amazing. Ohana's isn't right on the lake so they feel really far away. We were kind of watching them over some trees.

An Update...

Ok! So I have been thinking a lot about what restaurants, etc.

I think I have decided one thing...Sharon does not really like the Magic Kingdom. It is not that she doesn't like it...honestly...she just has been to the Magic Kingdom a lot and would rather slowly tour the other parks!

So...we are only going to spend one day at MK! :eek:

So, our meal for Magic Kingdom will be Crystal Palace! That is a sure thing. Just not sure if we should do early breakfast or lunch. What do you guys think? :confused3 Of course, part of this depends on if Sharon wants to get up that early! :thumbsup2

The other thing I am wondering...

We are going to do ONE MK Fireworks meal. The MAIN goal will be to see the Fireworks in the coolest way possible, because it will be the only time that Sharon will see them. The secondary consideration is the food/atmosphere!

The decision, I think, is between California Grill and Ohana's. Do you guys have other suggestions for this particular goal oriented meal? Or which of these two would you recommend the most!

Also...it looks like I may have one whole day on my own...solo again!!! :)

So...I am back to wondering what TS restaurants might be good for me to do solo! I have already done Biergarten and want to try something new! Would Ohana be ok solo? What about the Hoop Dee Doo Show? Would California Grill be good to eat and watch the fireworks if I was completely by myself? Any other suggestions of places I could eat by myself?

One MK Day!!! I would say if Sharon is willing to get up early do breakfast before the park opens - Main St/Castle with no people is amazing. I will try to post some photos then. If Sharon does not want to get up early, I would think a late breakfast or early lunch would be better for your touring plans.

I have not been to Cali grill or Ohana but would think the view would be better from the Cali grill since it is closer.

I have never been to WDW solo so I am not sure which restaurants would be good solo ones. Maybe Tony's in MK if you are doing an MK day. PTC is good because of the counter but I think you already ate there.

I've not eaten at CG or Ohana's either, but I've been dying to try CG, though, b/c of how awesome the MK fireworks are supposed to be from there! So, that's where my vote goes! :)

Maroo....
Still looking for dining suggestions? Being that you are on the DDP I'd say try Le Cellier. The filet was so good... unless you think you might want the filet at Jiko. But my DW had the scallops at Jiko- her whole dish was some of the best food I've ever eaten in my life!!!!

We loved 'Ohana- Although being on a 'diet' (didn't know there was such a thing at DisneyLOL:lmao:), there is so much food here. But our window seat for the fireworks was amazing- plus you are looking at the castle straight on. But they are kinda far away. I don't know how much closer CG is?:confused3 And I don't know if I helped you or confused you?:confused3:confused3

I have no idea what an imperial conversion even is?!?!? What is that? Should I know what that is? :lmao:

You probably do them all the time....

inches to feet, feet to yards, yards to miles, etc.

So, our meal for Magic Kingdom will be Crystal Palace! That is a sure thing. Just not sure if we should do early breakfast or lunch.

I'd vote for breakfast. I've eaten both breakfast and lunch there and liked the breakfast more, but, both were reasonable.

Happy Belated 16th Lauren
1331.gif

Hi Maroo!

For the Crystal Palace, I would do lunch. It's relatively the same as dinner, and the food is always, always excellent. And although I'm sure breakfast is great, and a lot of people rave about it, for me, if you want to have a nice meal, you do lunch. But whatever fits in your schedule is good, too, you know? You'll have a nice time no matter what.

I'm with wings on CG being the best place to see fireworks for a clear shot view, but I'd like to point out you can see them at Citrcio's as well, depending on if you get a table close to the windows.

And I'm horrible to ask about solo dining. One, I've never done it in Disney, and two, as such, I would solo dine anywhere. Anywhere that tickled my fancy, that's where I'd go! So, I ask you.... ::::takes out pen, paper, and looks thoughtful, nodding to the black physcho-analyst couch:::: what does Maroo really want? :goodvibes

Happy Belated 16th Lauren
1331.gif

Thank you!!!! :)

Her party is Saturday and she is SOOOOO excited!

Hi Maroo!

For the Crystal Palace, I would do lunch. It's relatively the same as dinner, and the food is always, always excellent. And although I'm sure breakfast is great, and a lot of people rave about it, for me, if you want to have a nice meal, you do lunch. But whatever fits in your schedule is good, too, you know? You'll have a nice time no matter what.

I'm with wings on CG being the best place to see fireworks for a clear shot view, but I'd like to point out you can see them at Citrcio's as well, depending on if you get a table close to the windows.

And I'm horrible to ask about solo dining. One, I've never done it in Disney, and two, as such, I would solo dine anywhere. Anywhere that tickled my fancy, that's where I'd go! So, I ask you.... ::::takes out pen, paper, and looks thoughtful, nodding to the black physcho-analyst couch:::: what does Maroo really want? :goodvibes

Our original plan was CP for lunch...so we might stay with that. Part of it depends on how late we plan to stay out the night before, I guess. :)

Ah...Citricio's...I need to look at that one...again!!

What does Maroo really want? Hm.... :scratchin

Hi Maroo,

10days in September, great time to go to the land of Magic.. You are considering the POP resort perhaps. We have stayed there 3 times and are planning to stay again from 10-19th of September. We love it there and the Dining plan is awesome. We are taking advantage of that as well.

Looking forward to hearing more of your plans.:)

Hi Maroo,

10days in September, great time to go to the land of Magic.. You are considering the POP resort perhaps. We have stayed there 3 times and are planning to stay again from 10-19th of September. We love it there and the Dining plan is awesome. We are taking advantage of that as well.

Looking forward to hearing more of your plans.:)

We ARE staying in the POP!!!! :goodvibes

Now I just have to wait for those park hours to come out so that we can plan all of our meals!! :)

Are you guys going to the Night of Joy? Or Nights of Joy, I guess? :)

Hello - just popping in real quick as I am still heaving boxes around.

I wanted to add my input on the Wishes meal. Believe it or not, I have eaten at all those places! (I love my fireworks, but we tend to watch them from farther away because Mark is very sensitive to loud noises)

So: I think it's between Cali Grill, Ohana, Citricos and I'll make sure you're also considering Narcoosees. You should consider what you want in a restaurant, how good a view you'd like, and also the chances of actually getting that view:

Cali Grill: great food all around (based on our 2 fantastic meals there). Upscale but still bustling (actually a bit noisy, so we were cool with the kids, although there aren't that many). Many tables near window, but no guarantee. BIG PLUS for me on Cali Grill is that you can go out to the observation deck to watch Wishes, so there's no problem if you don't have the perfect table view. Highes spot in WDW I think, certainly highest view of MK. From the observation deck, you feel like you're very close to Space Mountain. You get a "big picture" view of Wishes. My favourite hands down, but I think this is also because of some very special family memories. And they spoiled us rotten on Mark's wish trip.

Ohana: Food is plentiful - unlimited - and pretty good, but not in the class of the other 3 restaurants. Great spot for kid watching because they have lots of dances/races etc for them during the meal. Lots going on! I'd check out the menu and be sure that the food choices appeal to me. We enjoyed this one mostly because the boys did. And my hubby enjoyed the unlimited food, but caliber is just OK, not great. Only views of Wishes will be limited window seats. We were very lucky that a lovely family invited our boys to sit up with them so they had a good view (this is what happens when they spot Mark's walker!). If you're not at the window, the view isn't very good, can be frustrating. It's also further away and yes, there are trees.

Citricos: food was great, and this was definitely the quietest of these restaurants. Fewer children around. A great chance to check out the Grand Floridian (come early to have a drink in the lobby lounge and listen to the band). We didn't watch the firewoeks from here because of timing, but given the location, the view from tables near the windows would be good. I'd check that the music is piped in, though. Remember also that at the GF, you can always go down to the ferry launch beside Narcoosees, and watch and hear from there.

Narcoosees: We have had 2 good meals there - lots of yummy seafood, but steak gets rave reviews there too. A nice combo of quite upscale but enough noise and bustle for kids, and there are quite a few. There are many tables with fews of the lagoon, and either MK, the Poly etc. Yes, they pipe in the Wishes music, but the big problems with the window seat table are there aren't that many of them and also, people sometimes stand right in front of the windows! There's a deck right outside the restaurant for restaurant patrons and everyone heads out. I've seen people inadvertently block a window view and unfortunately, I've also seen people do it on purpose! This happened during our November trip. A lovely young teen was celebrating her bday at a great window table. I politely pointed out that these 2 couples have blocked the bday girl's view (there was lots of room elsewhere along the railing) and I was aghast when one of the men told me "well if the birthday girl wants to see the fireworks, she can come out here with the rest of us." That one was definitely not feeling the magic!!!

Ah, but what goes around comes around. This guys wanted the primo spot for his pictures. But he'd had a few too many, leaned his arms out to take a picture...and dropped his camera right in the water!!! Oh, how we had to fight hard not to laugh out loud, clap and cheer!!!

Gee, I'd forgotten all about that moment.

My order of favourite? Cali Grill, Narcoosee's, Citricos, Ohana.

Let us know what you decide!
Alison

Hello - just popping in real quick as I am still heaving boxes around.

I wanted to add my input on the Wishes meal. Believe it or not, I have eaten at all those places! (I love my fireworks, but we tend to watch them from farther away because Mark is very sensitive to loud noises)

So: I think it's between Cali Grill, Ohana, Citricos and I'll make sure you're also considering Narcoosees. You should consider what you want in a restaurant, how good a view you'd like, and also the chances of actually getting that view:

Cali Grill: great food all around (based on our 2 fantastic meals there). Upscale but still bustling (actually a bit noisy, so we were cool with the kids, although there aren't that many). Many tables near window, but no guarantee. BIG PLUS for me on Cali Grill is that you can go out to the observation deck to watch Wishes, so there's no problem if you don't have the perfect table view. Highes spot in WDW I think, certainly highest view of MK. From the observation deck, you feel like you're very close to Space Mountain. You get a "big picture" view of Wishes. My favourite hands down, but I think this is also because of some very special family memories. And they spoiled us rotten on Mark's wish trip.

Ohana: Food is plentiful - unlimited - and pretty good, but not in the class of the other 3 restaurants. Great spot for kid watching because they have lots of dances/races etc for them during the meal. Lots going on! I'd check out the menu and be sure that the food choices appeal to me. We enjoyed this one mostly because the boys did. And my hubby enjoyed the unlimited food, but caliber is just OK, not great. Only views of Wishes will be limited window seats. We were very lucky that a lovely family invited our boys to sit up with them so they had a good view (this is what happens when they spot Mark's walker!). If you're not at the window, the view isn't very good, can be frustrating. It's also further away and yes, there are trees.

Citricos: food was great, and this was definitely the quietest of these restaurants. Fewer children around. A great chance to check out the Grand Floridian (come early to have a drink in the lobby lounge and listen to the band). We didn't watch the firewoeks from here because of timing, but given the location, the view from tables near the windows would be good. I'd check that the music is piped in, though. Remember also that at the GF, you can always go down to the ferry launch beside Narcoosees, and watch and hear from there.

Narcoosees: We have had 2 good meals there - lots of yummy seafood, but steak gets rave reviews there too. A nice combo of quite upscale but enough noise and bustle for kids, and there are quite a few. There are many tables with fews of the lagoon, and either MK, the Poly etc. Yes, they pipe in the Wishes music, but the big problems with the window seat table are there aren't that many of them and also, people sometimes stand right in front of the windows! There's a deck right outside the restaurant for restaurant patrons and everyone heads out. I've seen people inadvertently block a window view and unfortunately, I've also seen people do it on purpose! This happened during our November trip. A lovely young teen was celebrating her bday at a great window table. I politely pointed out that these 2 couples have blocked the bday girl's view (there was lots of room elsewhere along the railing) and I was aghast when one of the men told me "well if the birthday girl wants to see the fireworks, she can come out here with the rest of us." That one was definitely not feeling the magic!!!

Ah, but what goes around comes around. This guys wanted the primo spot for his pictures. But he'd had a few too many, leaned his arms out to take a picture...and dropped his camera right in the water!!! Oh, how we had to fight hard not to laugh out loud, clap and cheer!!!

Gee, I'd forgotten all about that moment.

My order of favourite? Cali Grill, Narcoosee's, Citricos, Ohana.

Let us know what you decide!
Alison

First...I can't wait to hear about your trip!!! :) I do hope one day you will share all of that spoiling with us. :) I love to hear stories about some sweet Wish Kids getting spoiled. :cloud9:

Thank you so much for your restaurant reviews!! :)

Ok...

Ohana is out for this particular meal...but I might go there on the night I have by myself!

And Citricos may be too quiet? I am really not looking for quiet....I don't think?

Narcossees...Gosh...another one to put on the list...

I think it is going to be Cali Grill for the fireworks night! I really wanted to eat there when we went in October and it just didn't happen. So, it has been on my wish list the longest...

Now lets see if I can fit in these other restaurants somewhere in the next few trips! I do plan to get to ALL of them ... hopefully in the next year or so! :)

Dropped his camera right in the water!! How funny. :) I would have just laughed right there, I do believe!!!

Don't forget that the Poly beach is supposed to be a great place to watch Wishes as well!

Alison

Don't forget that the Poly beach is supposed to be a great place to watch Wishes as well!

Alison

I'll second watching Wishes from the Poly Beach. I have wonderful memories of snuggling my Maddie watching Wishes sitting on the beach :lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter