How was the weather last year at Xmas-New Year?

dylansdad

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
Trying to decide on holiday trip? Warm enough to swim?

We were there 12/14-12/20 shorts during the day, jeans at nite! We were at the WL and people would be swimming day and evening! Decorations are beautiful! Enjoy!!

Shopgirl:earsgirl:

We were there last year 12/28-1/03. If was cool in am 70's during the day(shorts or long pants and short sleeves, night jacket and long pants. Perfect touring weather. DS did swim at OKW but adults did not. We'll be there this year same time.
Connears

It was also very rainy. Christmas Eve was a downpour. Got cold on Christmas Day. But the pools are heated.

Check out the weather forcast before you go. I didn't do that New Years of 2002 should have. It was cold all week 1-1-02 to 1-7-02. Luckily we had driven down from the north so we had winter coats with us. We had to scrape ice off the windshield when we left on the 7th. We heard the weather last year was great so you can never tell from one year to the next.

You never can tell what the Florida weather will be like in Dec, particularly around Christmas. When my family went in 1983, it was 25 degrees on Christmas day. Other times it was in the 70s. It is unpredictable so check the advanced weather forecast before you go.

Last year the weather was great (mid to upper
70's and dry) until about 8pm NYE. Then the
heavens opened and even in ponchos we got
DRENCHED! Thank goodness we had sports
sandals on as the water on the World
Showcase Promenade was above our ankles.
We've had everything from 80's (1998/99) to
coooold 26deg Jan 1 (2000/2001).
Watch the weather and be flexible!!
Most years we've been able to swim at least
a couple of days between Christmas and New
Year's.
We're going down 12/28-1/4 so's we'll be
able to see for ourselves this year!

have fun!

John

Originally posted by jdonat
Last year the weather was great (mid to upper
70's and dry) until about 8pm NYE. Then the
heavens opened and even in ponchos we got
DRENCHED! Thank goodness we had sports
sandals on as the water on the World
Showcase Promenade was above our ankles.

Oh yeah! I even have pictures :).

NYEWet.JPG

We almost always swim that week, at least a couple of times. My young daughter is a *fish*. The weather is really unpredictable. It can vary from 35 degrees to 80. we stay for 2 weeks so we pack for 4 seasons: warm, cool, cold and wet. Last NYE was wet, but the previous one was very cold.

And yes, John, I know you'll get me back later :).

OK ... in all fairness I shoud post this picture too. I'm in the middle.

NYEWet2.JPG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter