Hugs are Back!

Awesome news, can't wait. I wonder what they mean by "While not all locations will be available immediately, we anticipate reopening in phases throughout the spring and early summer." - Does that just mean that some character meet and greets won't be open but the ones already open today will be available without any distancing? Or does it mean that it will be confusing for awhile with some being distanced and others being not distanced? I hope the former and not the latter!

Hmm... That's a good question. I can see it meaning phases like Disneyland then Disney World or park by park, like Magic Kingdom then Epcot, etc.

It would definitely be confusing - especially for kids if they can hug mickey in Magic Kingdom on 4/18/22 but not hug Mickey at Epcot on 4/18/22 lol.

I'm going to cross my fingers and hope that there are just some character meet & greets that have not yet re-opened and that all currently open meet & greets will return to normal.

Also curious if Galaxy's Edge will return to normal with characters wandering around the land again ...

I can't wait to get back to hilarious experiences like this one.. lol

dDfnckS

Awesome news, can't wait. I wonder what they mean by "While not all locations will be available immediately, we anticipate reopening in phases throughout the spring and early summer." - Does that just mean that some character meet and greets won't be open but the ones already open today will be available without any distancing? Or does it mean that it will be confusing for awhile with some being distanced and others being not distanced? I hope the former and not the latter!
Might be staffing, and thinking specifically about Launch Bay, I wonder if they might be bringing in the Mandalorian, which, combined with other characters, would help a decent amount with crowd issues over there.

But yeah my guess is that the first M&Gs back to normal will be the ones that are already open for distanced meets.

My *guess* is maybe start with soft characters and then move later to face characters? ....The soft characters being distanced never really made sense to me, once the park dropped the majority of social distancing...

If we're going in May would you think we'd need autograph books? I don't want to if my kids can't use them. I made them last time and really liked it so I need a little bit of time to do it.

If we're going in May would you think we'd need autograph books? I don't want to if my kids can't use them. I made them last time and really liked it so I need a little bit of time to do it.

Our trip is in the beginning of May and I plan to bring autograph books for my kids, but we have the generic ones we bought from one of the gift shops awhile back.

I'm hoping all of the existing character meet & greets will convert to normal meet & greets on 4/18. Could be wrong, but I'd rather have the books than not have them! :)

I would imagine if they can hug, they can sign autograph books. Maybe you can email or call CS and ask!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter