I’m nervous now... tips for Jersey week?

woodynjessiesmomma

and baby Buzz too
We are going 11/3-11/9 with extended family (their first trip). I knew it was Jersey week but it was our best week for everyone. Then I learned about the marathon and today I read about Christmas tapings. My family has been spring break before so I think we can handle it, but I’m wanting to make this great for the other family. My kids are 2, 5, and 9 and the others are 9, 10, and 12.

We are staying at Poly and going to AK 11/4. Should we try for EMH and FoP? Should we drive or bus? Our FPs start at 9:30 for the Safari, then Navi river after lunch, then half for EE and Half for Dinosaur around 3. I’m not sure we will stay for RoL and may go swim at the resort that evening. I won’t ride FoP due to motion sickness and my youngest is too short but the rest of our group might like it.

MK 11/5 & 11/8 - I think I’m happy with our MK days, planning Adventureland-Fantasyland day 1 and fantasyland-Tomorrowland day 2. CRT lunch 11/5 and BOG dinner 11/8.

EPCOT 11/6 - I can’t decide about RD’ing TT or Soarin. We have two littles that won’t ride either of those and our first FP is LwtL at 10, so I was planning Soarin first, but was thinking it might be nice to ride TT together. We have FP for FEA around lunch at Akershus. Is this too much princess dining back to back? (We have the meal plan and their girls love princesses). We have a SE FP at 11 and will do Figment as well then torture the kids with F&WF.

HS 11/7 - BV breakfast at 7:50 then we have TSM FP at 9:50, then ST, then ToT after H&V F! Lunch at 1:20. Not sure if we will go back to the resort or stay all day.

I’ve never been this nervous about our trips before. Any advice appreciated. Will we have problems getting around with the marathon?

I have been there during Jersey week, went for my Birthday. With a good touring plan, it is not bad. We used Touring plans and got hoppers. We chose to use morning EMH then hop to the most recommended park around lunch time. We went back to the resort early and enjoyed non-park activities in the evenings or hopped to Epcot for a nice dinner. All we noticed were the accents really.

It really does not matter when you go there is always that week either marathon weekend, cheer weekend, Marty Graw weekend ( SP?) summer tour weekend, Dapper day. Disney is always busy sometimes more than others. I would just have a good plane on what you want to do and go have fun.

It really does not matter when you go there is always that week either marathon weekend, cheer weekend, Marty Graw weekend ( SP?) summer tour weekend, Dapper day. Disney is always busy sometimes more than others. I would just have a good plane on what you want to do and go have fun.
That's mardi gras. We use to go to disney this week to avoid mardi gras.

Last edited:
You must rope drop for FOP. I would recommend getting to the park by 7 for EMH. So you should definitely drive. They'll take you part way in at 7:30. Keep your family together. We were on the ride by 8:05. Honestly they might exist but I have not seen a fast pass for FOP.

I think your plan looks good. Yes, I would try for AK EMH and RD FOP. If you have a car, drive to AK (I hate waiting for buses that early in the morning when you really want to get to the park at a certain time).

I think CRT one day and Akershus the next is fine.

I would RD TT on your EP day and then ride Soarin' when you head over to the Land for LwtL.

I think the weekend is going to be busier, so you’re probably good with leaving Thursday. (That’s our first day.)

That weekend is a holiday weekend and it’s the final weekend of the F&W festival. I’m a bit nervous myself, but my kids have a 4 day weekend off from school (NC) and that was the only time we would be able to go this year.

We are staying at Poly and going to AK 11/4. Should we try for EMH and FoP? Should we drive or bus? Our FPs start at 9:30 for the Safari, then Navi river after lunch, then half for EE and Half for Dinosaur around 3. I’m not sure we will stay for RoL and may go swim at the resort that evening. I won’t ride FoP due to motion sickness and my youngest is too short but the rest of our group might like it.

I’ve never been this nervous about our trips before. Any advice appreciated. Will we have problems getting around with the marathon?

Agree with others, DEFINITELY do the EMH at AK and head to FoP, but get there early! You and the littles can just enjoy Pandora while the others ride, maybe grab something to eat at Sat'il.

As to the rest of your week and worries, you're fine!! The Marathon will be done on the 5th. The tapings have potential to make some congestion in whatever park they are taping, so look for that schedule and try to avoid those areas.

RELAX and enjoy your trip!

You are going during the first part of Jersey Week. Jersey schools are closed Thursday and Friday (9th and 10th). So while some people definitely go down that whole week, families like mine, don't head down until Wednesday, even Thursday for a quick trip. We head down Wednesday, and visit the parks on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday (9th, 10th, 11th).....that's when the crowds are even higher. So you will be there during the better half!

You are going during the first part of Jersey Week. Jersey schools are closed Thursday and Friday (9th and 10th). So while some people definitely go down that whole week, families like mine, don't head down until Wednesday, even Thursday for a quick trip. We head down Wednesday, and visit the parks on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday (9th, 10th, 11th).....that's when the crowds are even higher. So you will be there during the better half!

Our district closes election day and Monday and Wednesday are half days. They should really just give us the entire week off!

OP - I've never been during Jersey Week but I'm planning it for 2018. We usually do end of August when it's much slower but we want to try a different time of year (F&W and see some Christmas decorations if possible and cooler temps!!!). I think with a good plan, doing RD and taking advantage of AM EMH you can have a great time no matter the crowds. We plan on still doing what we do in August. RD, midday break by the pool and FP+ in our PM park.

I was there during Jersey week last year and going again this year (11/3-11/11). The crowds were not bad at all IMO (of course I had a good touring plan). We were there for the Christmas tapings and it had zero impact on our day. Small crowds gather around the performance stage, but unless you want to actually watch the performances it is very easy to avoid.

I'll also be at MK on 11/5 (CRT for lunch too) and Epcot 11/6. We have FP for TT and will RD Soarin. No interest in FEA (it was one and done for us). I would suggest RDing TT and then head to Soarin.

If your girls love princesses then you are fine doing CRT and Akershus back to back. We've done the same thing and my daughter never got tired of seeing the princesses.

You mentioned tapings...do you know when/where they are? I haven't read about them yet and we are headed for a quick trip 11/8-11/11 (because we live in NJ)

You mentioned tapings...do you know when/where they are? I haven't read about them yet and we are headed for a quick trip 11/8-11/11 (because we live in NJ)

The tapings are Nov 3-7 but the exact schedule hasn't been released yet. It will be musical performances, not the parade (parade is being taped at DL again this year).

Thanks all! I need to quit doubting everything. I’m sure we will have a great time and I just need to go with the flow.

Thanks all! I need to quit doubting everything. I’m sure we will have a great time and I just need to go with the flow.
Thats what we are doing. At the time I didn't realize it was Jersey Week (we get in on the 2nd because of the Marathon, since my sister is doing the 10K, and we will be there until the 12th). After I found out about Jersey Week and the tapings, I am a little more anxious about it, but since I have an AP, I got DH a park hopper, so I am hoping all will be fine. We have morning FPs on all our park days, so once those are done we are free to hop to a less crowded park.

Except for the frustration of not being able to get a SDMT FP for the 5th (it was a last minute decision on my part to go to MK that night) and for our last park day on the 10th (we are doing the Christmas Party that night), I am just going with the flow and try to take it easy. I am hoping DH and I don't get too frustrated with the crowds. This will be our third trip in three years, so our willingness to "do it all" is not there anymore so we don't feel the pressure to fit stuff in that isn't our priority. Stopping to smell the roses and not rush off across the park to get to ride is quite nice too and makes the large crowds more bearable.

You will be fine :). DH and I will be in Orlando for a convention until Nov 4th, so we tacked on a WDW stay (also at Poly) from the 4th-8th - this is as long of a stay as I've done in decades, and I'm expecting to be able to get lots done! I have found that almost anything is manageable if people make ADRS and FP+s (it seems you have that covered) motivate early (you seem to have that covered as well), take advantage of parkhopping, and know when to get the hell out and enjoy the hotel. You have a lot more people (and little people, obviously) to wrangle, but I expect you'll have a wonderful time - I certainly hope so. See ya at the Poly!

We went last year, and going back this year 11/4 (midnight arrival) through 11/10 (a.m departure), staying at WL . no problems last year except with Epcot. Weekends we are avoiding there and leaving before the 11/10 weekend. Epcot last year was crazy saturday at food and wine. My tip is to avoid there on weekends. Keep to a touring plan, fast passes, all will be great. Weather last year was beautiful during that week. We got fp for fop two days that week. We got tickets for mvmcp for 11/9 (concerned the first night of xmas party will be packed like i hear the first night of halloween party was but can't wait anyway) and tickets for the hea dessert party. We had difficulty getting adr's for many restaurants because we booked the trip in august. no big deal, i made adrs for resort restaurant hopping so it's a nice break anyway from parks. We may go mini golf too. The way that I look at a disney vacation is as long as everyone is healthy, and fingers crossed on good weather, everything else is perfect! Another tip? maybe grab an uber on occasion to break up the long bus wait times and park hop if you have the tickets to do so and a park is just too crowded for you at that moment. Have fun! Be there soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter