I am so torn

disneegrl4eva

DIS Veteran
in regards to which option I should choose for Fantasmic dessert buffet seating....and I only have a week to decide :crazy: Ive done the balcony before so I know how that one is but Ive never done the Riverside view...they both cost the same but I just dont know which one would be a better view..I know exactly where the area is for the riverside seating...I just dont know...HELP!!!!!

I, too, was torn over which seating area to choose. I am going with my adult DD and in the end chose balcony seating. From what I have read, this is the area VIP's used to see the show. It's location is dead center of all the action, and your view is totally unobstructed. I worried that with several rows of seating at Riverside, being of short stature, I might not get a clear view.

When you said you only had a week to decide..you did mean it would be thirty days out by then..right? I understand seating is very difficult to book after that time and balcony seating goes almost immediately. I am not going until Dec. 8th. I called vacation planning to book seating and won't know until Nov. 8th whether they were actually able to secure seats.

Hope this helps just a little.

Mich Mouse said:
How much is the dessert buffet and when may I make reservations for it?

From this site http://www.wdwinfo.com/disneyland-california/disneyland-fantasmic.htm Although I believe prices are now $3 more. There are pictures and descriptions of the seating options as well as of the show.

FANTASMIC DESSERT BUFFET
Prices:
* Balcony seating: $56 per person
* Premium seating: $56 per adult (10+) / $46 per person (3-9) 2 and under are free provided they sit on your lap
*subject to change

To reserve your seats, contact your Travel Agent or call (714) 781-4400. Reservations can be made a month in advance and do book up quickly. Note that your reservation must be made on the same day the prior month. For instance, if the show is on December 10, you need to make a reservation on November 10. The Ticket office opens at 8:00AM, and you need to call right when it opens, especially to get balcony seating.You will be required to pay for this at the time of booking and tickets must be picked up on the day of the show at Guest Services, located to the left of the Disneyland Park entrance. Be sure to get your tickets before Guest Services closes.​

rosiep said:
When you said you only had a week to decide..you did mean it would be thirty days out by then..right? I understand seating is very difficult to book after that time and balcony seating goes almost immediately. I am not going until Dec. 8th. I called vacation planning to book seating and won't know until Nov. 8th whether they were actually able to secure seats.

thats exactly what I meant :goodvibes...I definitely know about the difficulty from previous trips...you know I remember when they first started offering this, you couldnt call and book anything...you had to show up a couple hours before the park opened and stand in line at guest services window and purchase the tickets that way...so I would have to get up before the rooster even woke and get over there praying the whole way that I wouldnt have someone in front of me buying up half of the seats :rotfl: it was first come first serve...oh man was that ever stressful...is there anyone that has done both riverside and balcony that can tell me which is better or even still someone that has done riverside that can tell me about any obstruction views?

disneegrl4eva said:

...is there anyone that has done both riverside and balcony that can tell me which is better or even still someone that has done riverside that can tell me about any obstruction views?

We have done both... with the riverside for the first time this past summer and the balcony about 10 times in the past starting back when it was only $28/person (wow). After sitting riverside, I really enjoy it much more. The view was great and you are much closer to the action. You have pretty much an unobstructed view from the riverside, but you do have more of a side view. The balcony is dead center to the action.

Generally the balcony is harder to get and in some cases will sell out in minutes of going on sale. It is something if you have the $, you should try once. I would say at least try for the balcony and then if it is sold out when you call go for the riverside.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1203589

Is the DL fantasmic better then the one in DW, I didn't like the DW one?

GailT said:

What didn't you like about WDW fantasmic? I really enjoy the one at Disneyland and had seen it may times before seeing it at WDW. While there are may similar features to DL, the WDW version was just different enough that I kept missing aspects of the DL version. Depends on why you didn't like it to determine if you would like DL's or not.

I enjoy the seating arrangement at WDW, but I prefer the DL show. The action and floats seem better to me at DL.

GailT said:

That's a big YES! Although if you hated the one in WDW, you might want to skip it in DL too as it's not that much different. The stadium seating in WDW is convenient, but the intimacy of huddling in front of the Rivers of America is a lot cooler.

I also agree that the DL version is better than the WDW. There's just something a little more special about it, but I can't put my finger on it.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the WDW version (gotta love the Pocahontas tie in :) ).

As far as the seating, I've done the riverside seats and they were good, but you vision can be slightly blocked by poles. The good point is that you can just get up and move. You can stand anywhere in the 'reserved' area as long as you are not obstructing someone else's view. We had a great time the last time our group of ELEVEN did it :)

We did the balcony on our last visit. We could not see the fireworks very well so I would try the riverside If we ever did it again.

pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter