I can transfer these points, right??

TexasErin

Loves old Pluto cartoons
DVC Silver
I have 48 VGC points that I know I’m not going to use since we only go to Disneyland every three years and I have already booked everything for next year that I need (2025 and 2026 will be our WDW trips).

So if my dashboard shows 48 vacation points currently available and 48 vacation points available to bank (bank by 1/31/2024), those should be points I can transfer to another member, right? I haven’t transferred any points in a couple of years so I’m good there.

Having three contracts that I use to bank and borrow and so use each one every three years gets me confused sometimes on what I have banked and borrowed from.

Thanks!

I assume you mean you have 48 June 2023 use year points that you want to transfer. Yes, you can transfer them as long as you do not bank them before doing so. Though it is a rule apparently ignored by many, just be aware that the DVC Home Resort Rules and Regulations prohibit a member from transferring points for compensation.

Last edited:
the DVC Home Resort Rules and Regulations prohibit a member from transferring points for compensation.
Then how do people “rent” their points? I mean, it’s done all. the. time. Doesn’t seem likely that the rules are being ignored by all the CMs & members too.

Then how do people “rent” their points? I mean, it’s done all. the. time. Doesn’t seem likely that the rules are being ignored by all the CMs & members too
Section II.6.J of the Home Resort Rules and Regulations provides: "Club Members are expressly prohibited from receiving compensation for engaging in Transfer activity."

Though it has always been the rule, I have never seen a report of it being enforced. However, that is possibly due to members never telling MS that the transfer they are requesting is being paid for, and MS never asks that question of the member.

It is also potentially a result of the prohibition being stated is one designed to be consistent with other terms of the POS. The POS declares that points themselves have no monetary value but are simply symbols that represent the ownership interest the member has, which does have value. When members "rent points," what they actually do is make a reservation in the renters name using the ownership interest the member has which is represented by points. Transfer is somewhat different because what is actually being agreed to is the transfer of points. The no-compensation rule is thus stated to assure that transfers are consistent with the declaration that points themselves have no monetary value. But DVC actually has little concern with what the members do between themselves for a transfer. The "no compensation" rule assures DVC cannot be brought into any dispute between members arising out of transferred points not being fully paid for under the agreement the members have made.

Last edited:

I assume you mean you have 48 June 2023 use year points that you want to transfer. Yes, you can transfer them as long as you do not bank them before doing so. Tbough it is a rule apparently ignored by many, just be aware that the DVC Home Resort Rules and Regulations prohibit a member from transferring points for compensation.
Yes, they are June 2023 points. Thanks!

Though it has always been the rule, I have never seen a report of it being enforced. However, that is possibly due to members never telling MS that the transfer they are requesting is being paid for, and MS never asks that question of the member.
I recall a few posts of MS refusing to complete a transfer, but in each case, one of the parties mentioned payment. It seems in practice, the policy is "Don't ask; Don't tell".

Then how do people “rent” their points? I mean, it’s done all. the. time. Doesn’t seem likely that the rules are being ignored by all the CMs & members too.
Although it‘s called ‘renting your points’ in fact most transactions are renting reservations which the owner made (with their points) in the renter’s name. Transferring points for $ where an owner transfers points to another owner’s account which the second owner then uses to book their own reservation is less common, likely because both parties must be owners & you can only transfer once per year & it’s a PIA to keep track of & use transferred in points &, of course, it’s expressly forbidden.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter