I can't tell if we've landed...Spring Break 2018 with Grammy and the teens-UPDATE 9/30

Thanks for sharing, what a fun spring break trip for you all!

Ugh! There is nothing worse than driving when there is freezing rain, yuck. Something I am not looking forward to now that we are on the slippery slope towards winter!

So glad you and Kari are coming in May, I am so excited to meet you and see Kari again!!

Another thing I did was make a reservation for the Marceline to the MK tour on 10/18 at 8am.
Steve and I did this, I preferred KTTK but we were so glad we did Mareceline because it's different! Quite a few cool things, including behind the scenes in the HM. You'll forever watch one particular scene differently after you do the tour lol

I heard the Trolley show starting so I went outside to watch. It's funny how when we aren't rushing from attraction to attraction, we actually see and experience things we don't usually stick around for.
Ah, I LOVE the trolley show and try to stop for it every time I can :cloud9: Of course this is easier when the boys aren't with us because after 5 minutes someone is huffing and puffing.......I also love the different costumes they have for each season. Sadly earlier this month we only caught them once for about 5 minutes, but hopefully in Nov. I'll be able to see them more and they'll have their beautiful winter costumes on! We did stop for the Dapper Dans twice, another group I love to see.

so I blurred their faces…It ends up looking super creepy :scared1::rotfl2:
:laughing: This reminds me of the beginning of a horror movie; someone finds old pictures in an attic......only one face is clear and the rest are fuzzy......who are these people? What happened to them? What happened IN-THIS-HOUSE :eek: :scared1: :faint:

Yup. I had to get my Fried Green Tomato Sandwich, because they just don't have those here in CT.
I just had that for the 2nd time on our trip this month, we don't have them anywhere here either and it's perfection :thumbsup2

cruise on the Fantasy
I've never been on the Fantasy but I'll be touring it next year, looking forward to that!

Thank you for sharing your trip, I enjoyed your report as always! And have a wonderful time in Oct pixiedust:

Wow, you really went through it to get home but glad you all made it home safely. Thanks for sharing another awesome report with us. Glad to hear you'll be back again soon (and then again soon after that). We've still not done a cruise and I'm a bit on the fence about when/in to do one so I'm looking forward to seeing how a week goes for you.

Oh my, book one NOW! If you've never cruised, maybe start with a four night, though. Three nights is too short. I think you would love it!

Ugh! There is nothing worse than driving when there is freezing rain, yuck. Something I am not looking forward to now that we are on the slippery slope towards winter!

Don't remind me :sad::sad::sad: Although, I think you have it worse than us here in CT. I'm so dreading it!

So glad you and Kari are coming in May, I am so excited to meet you and see Kari again!!

I'm getting really excited for that! I can't wait to meet everyone!

I enjoyed your trip report. I'm so excited for you and Mike for your upcoming trip!

Thank you! I'll be sure to post a link if I write a TR for that!

Steve and I did this, I preferred KTTK but we were so glad we did Mareceline because it's different! Quite a few cool things, including behind the scenes in the HM. You'll forever watch one particular scene differently after you do the tour lol

I've heard, but I don't know exactly what the secret is. I can't wait to find out!

I've never been on the Fantasy but I'll be touring it next year, looking forward to that!

That's awesome! When you say you're "touring it," does that mean you're actually going?? Yay!!

have a wonderful time in Oct pixiedust:

Thank you! It's officially THIS month!

Awesome TR! I can't wait to hear about your October trip!!!

Thanks, Jenny! Can't wait to meet you in May! I'll be staying with Kari at the Wilderness Lodge :cool1:

And that's the last pic I have because the plane ride was SOOOOOOOOO scary. With all the terrible weather,
the turbulence was just awful and at one point we dropped so much I thought that was it :scared1:
I'm a semi-nervous flyer…I don't love it but I don't normally freak out about it, but this was super scary.
We were all so happy when we landed!
Oh, wow. That is the trip of my nightmares!!! I am a SUPER nervous flyer, and it's worse when Jimmy is with me. I am usually in tears for take off and landing, and turbulence terrifies me even if it's just a little. I'm so glad you made it home safely!

Oh, wow. That is the trip of my nightmares!!! I am a SUPER nervous flyer, and it's worse when Jimmy is with me. I am usually in tears for take off and landing, and turbulence terrifies me even if it's just a little. I'm so glad you made it home safely!

It really was a nightmare! I actually held it together pretty well though because Nicholas has a little anxiety in general and I didn't want him to be more nervous. But my mom and I talked about it after and we were like, "WHAT JUST HAPPENED??!"

Loved the report thanks for sharing!!!

Thanks for reading! :-)

Me too! I hate when there is turbulence. Husband (USAF) laughs and laughs..

I actually feel reassured when I hear that because then maybe I shouldn't worry about it so much. He obviously has some experience flying :thumbsup2

Scary sounds like a very unpleasant evening, but glad you got home safe so you can make it back in April & May.

If the flight is like this next April, I'll be hard-pressed to get back on another plane so soon!

I got quite a few posts behind.....

we decided to go into the Hall of Presidents.

Not my favorite but I end up seeing it a lot more often than I would like because it's both my husband's and my brother's favorite attractions.

We had a dinner at ADR at Liberty Tree Tavern

Yum! We are eating there in a few weeks.

The rolls came out next, and these were also very good.

Those look right up my alley!

Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake!

Not sure about this one, I'm not usually a big fan of Toffee Cake but it looks amazing in your photo.

Usually we love DHS and will go at least twice each trip, but with all the construction going on there, we just weren't feeling it.

I totally feel the same way on this one and then once Star Wars Land opens it's going to be a nightmare with all the crowds!

If you guessed, Les Halles Boulangerie-Patisserie, you'd be correct, yum!

Oh man, now my stomach is growling. Those desserts look so good right now!

Afterwards, I wanted to get some nice pics at WS, but instead I got:

:rotfl:

I think this view is one of the best reasons to go to WDW in the Spring

I love that Flower and Garden festival!

It's funny, they just announced that Illuminations will be ending next summer and I am not really all that sad about it.

I'm not sad at all. I can't even tell you the last time I watched it, it's been at least four or five years and I don't even have a desire to see it on this next trip. I excited though to see what's to come.

Yup…our last day

:sad:

I heard the Trolley show starting

I love this show and should stop to watch it more often. I really miss seeing them in the welcome show.

So if you ever see an old lady sitting in her Honda Odyssey singing at the top of her lungs,
just move along and let her have her moment

:rotfl2:This is so totally me plus I also do it at my desk at work with my Disney music. And I definitely know that I can't sing to save my life.

It ends up looking super creepy

:scared1: Um yeah, a couple of them look headless.

Can you guess where our lunch was? Here's a hint:

Yum! The Plaza, another favorite of mine.

So while this was definitely not as fun as spending another couple hours in the MK, I was glad we left when we did.

Probably a good decision. Traveling to the airport in wet cloths would not have been fun.

And that's the last pic I have because the plane ride was SOOOOOOOOO scary. With all the terrible weather,
the turbulence was just awful and at one point we dropped so much I thought that was it

Yikes! I'm not a nervous flyer but I think even I would have been freaked out.

We were all so happy when we landed!

Whew! Glad that all worked out.

I'm going to send you a PM with my cell phone number so you can text me on 10/20 and we can try to meet up. Jim and I are going to head to HS first thing that morning and attempt to rope drop Slinky Dog.

Hey, great report! I just missed you guys. We were at the Poly from last Wednesday until yesterday morning. Wonder if I saw you without realizing. Hope you had a great trip!

Hey, great report! I just missed you guys. We were at the Poly from last Wednesday until yesterday morning. Wonder if I saw you without realizing. Hope you had a great trip!

Oh my gosh, how funny! Thanks for reading!

I love the Orange Bird dress you're wearing in your avatar…I can't tell you how many times I've thought about getting the same one but just can't commit. I have no idea where I'd wear it, but it's so cute!

That's awesome! When you say you're "touring it," does that mean you're actually going?? Yay!
Do you know I just saw this :rolleyes:
Sorry! No unfortunately not going, just doing a ship tour for work :) Which is pretty cool! Did one for NCL but this is the first DCL ship tour for me. We can do them sometimes when they're in port but only a couple agents at a time & this time I'm one of the lucky ones! Lunch, info, full tour of everything :thumbsup2

Do you know I just saw this :rolleyes:
Sorry! No unfortunately not going, just doing a ship tour for work :) Which is pretty cool! Did one for NCL but this is the first DCL ship tour for me. We can do them sometimes when they're in port but only a couple agents at a time & this time I'm one of the lucky ones! Lunch, info, full tour of everything :thumbsup2

That sounds really fun…I can think of worse ways to spend an afternoon! And you're totally going to want to book a cruise when you're done!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter