• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I did it!!!!!!!!!

kinlaw6450

<font color=red>Spoke too soon<br><font color=blue
6 days in Disney, 4 parks, All Star Hotel, food & souveneirs under 1600.00

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi kinlaw6450,

That is great that you were able to stick to your
budget. Don't keep us in suspense, tell everyone
how you did it. Give us details.

Detail?????? Ok here goes...

1) Mousesavers discount for an all star resort $65 per night (total 364.00 for 6 days 5 nights) including tax

2) Disney Club Discount on Tickets (4 day park hoppers) $712.00, 2 adults 2 kids

3) We ate breakfast in our room snacks for lunch (cheese crackers, sandwiches we made, juiceboxes.) We NEVER bought drinks in the parks. always had the juice and water. Had dinner in the food court most nights

4) Refillable mugs at the resort and they let us use them at the Poly and the Contemporary too as long as we asked first.

5) The kids saved there own money over the last few months and each had $35 in Disney Dollars that is a lot of money for a 6 and 4 year old. That covered their souveniers.

Lastly DH and I bought all of our "gifts" at the giant Disney Store at Downtown disney and had one "expensive" night out without the kids. They went to the Neverland Club. 16 dollars an hour for BOTH and that INCLUDED dinner and activities.

Well, what do you think??

How did you keep your water cold in the park? Did you bring a cooler (not an option for us.. no stroller!)... Did you ask for ice at the drink stands?

We found this great cooler. It has a cloth exterier and just looks like a tiny duffle bag! It can hold up to a 12 pack of soda. We kept the juice and water in there and carefully hung it on the stroller (or pushed it when DS wasn't it it)

And yes we did ask for ice in the parks and we were never turned down.

I usually travel solo to WDW and my budget is about $1K. WOW!! You did 4 people on $1,600.00!!! Way to go!!

I'm wondering about airline tickets though and how much those cost for 4 people. Which airport did you fly out of? My budget includes airfare and I kinda spoil myself with Midwest Express. But if I can get my budget down like you did, I might consider flying a cheaper flight.

Thanks for the info!

Nope, we didn't fly. We drove...at night so they kids slept and the husband and I chatted. It was actually kind of nice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter