I don't completly agree to keeping it a Secret!!

LarryKeith

Are we there yet!!
:rolleyes: I don't completly agree to keeping it a Secret. Building at AKV has made me think that more people = more expansion. More expansion = our points keeping value. Just think if they expanded to say Hawaii or the Contemporary or even fueled another type of park. Growth is good for everyone involved. And as far as reservation, the amount of rooms to the amount of people ratio stays the same. I will admit that Holidays, and the like would be hard to reserve but they already are. Its just good business since to grow the more the better. We are 300,000 familys strong. Maybe we should form a PAC LOL. There are power in numbers. Any thoughts on this?

As you mentioned - non-home resorts will become more and more difficult to get at the seven month mark.

Also, for those that enjoy trading out through II - more DVC resorts in WDW may result in a supply/demand adjustment to the number of points required to book non-DVC weeks. (I'm personally hoping that this doesn't happen)

Just my $0.02

I really don't think you need to worry that DVC is a secret.
That is nothing but a marketing slogan...Disney is flogging DVC as hard as they can and seemingly building new DVC resorts as fast as they can.

:rolleyes: I don't completly agree to keeping it a Secret. Building at AKV has made me think that more people = more expansion. More expansion = our points keeping value. Just think if they expanded to say Hawaii or the Contemporary or even fueled another type of park. Growth is good for everyone involved. And as far as reservation, the amount of rooms to the amount of people ratio stays the same. I will admit that Holidays, and the like would be hard to reserve but they already are. Its just good business since to grow the more the better. We are 300,000 familys strong. Maybe we should form a PAC LOL. There are power in numbers. Any thoughts on this?

we are not 300,000 families strong. i was on a cruise in august and they announced they just went over 100,000.

I saw that number ( 300,000 members ) somewhere too. I think it was referring to people on contracts not the amount of contracts out there. But I could just be old and forgot what it actually meant <G> !!:goodvibes

If DVC is a secret remind me never to share any of mine with Disney. It's marketing. With this secret campaign they are doing nothing but shouting from the rooftops what that secret is.

While expansion isn't a bad thing I'm not sure explosive growth is either. Just look at Who Wants to Be A Millionaire (the show not the "ride). I wish Disney would raise the prices some more and slow down on the room building craze. Build a fresh destination or refresh an existing one.

Hey Larry!

Good post.

Can you say if you're one of the 2 or 3 Cast members being paid to shill DVC or not ??

:rotfl:

While there are benefits to new developments, there are also downsides. New developments with a later ending date will likely decrease the value faster than it would have on it's own in the long run. And while new resorts that have a demand higher than the average will likely improve the overall balance at the 7 months window along with the overall availability, the reverse is true if the demand is lower than the average.

Isn't there some kind of rule where DVC has to have so many rooms avaiable or percentage or something to that effect?

Isn't there some kind of rule where DVC has to have so many rooms avaiable or percentage or something to that effect?
DVC has to have the number of rooms available that matches the points for the year. Anything else would mean they're oversold which is a violation of FL law and every other state I am aware of. But no requirement for a given time or week. They could even close the resort down for an entire week for maint if they wanted.

Duh. It's called a marketing campaign.

If you think they're trying to keep DVC a "secret," hey, I've got a bridge in Brooklyn I'll sell you. :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter