I have a huge problem.....

jlawall

<font color=royalblue>Captain Lucky, the Great Pro
My trip is almost here! Which means soon, I will have nothing to look forward to (tripwise). The question is...........WHERE SHOULD I GO NEXT??? I've now been on the Eastern and Western DCL....I don't think I can convince the family to go back for awhile.......any suggestions???????????????

WHERE SHOULD I GO NEXT???

Just to name a few: an Alaska cruise, a Panama Canal cruise, an Amazon River cruise, the American Orient Express (train), any of our most wonderful National Parks, New York City, New Orleans, Chicago, Washington DC, San Francisco, Toronto...

I say Alaskan...did you see the travel channel special..on best cruises...they did the Alaskan cruise...showed all the ports, the ship...looked excellent.

We haven't even taken our first disney cruise yet (just under 7 weeks to go) and we are already talking about planning this one.

You know that there are itinerary changes for a short time frame next year for the 7 day cruises. You could still do the 7 day and go to different ports that you have not been to before.

Originally posted by jlawall
My trip is almost here! Which means soon, I will have nothing to look forward to (tripwise). The question is...........WHERE SHOULD I GO NEXT??? I've now been on the Eastern and Western DCL....I don't think I can convince the family to go back for awhile.......any suggestions???????????????

I'd love to go on a Hawaiian Cruise and know someone who has and she said it was wonderful!

I agree, life is short and variety is the spice of life. ;)

It really depends on what your interests are. I suggest you visit some travel sites and sign up for their email specials. The tourist industry seems to be in a slouch and there are many excellent bargins for cruising or otherwise.

The grand old US has many wonderful destinations. It is our dream to visit every state....luckily we only have a few left to complete our tour. Over the yrs we have had many enjoyable trips. For our 40th nx yr we are in the planning stages for a sight seeing trip to the Grand Canyon area. Yr before last we flew to SF for a tour, then drove the coast for an incredible journey up the Oregon coast thru Wash, into British Columbia. DH's retirement we had an exciting time touring England, Scotland, Wales. Other memorable trips include Hawaii and several islands, also a cruise to Alaska. This summer we simply chilled @ Deep Creek Lake for a family get together and had a very relaxing time, incl my first kayaking excursion w/my sons-in-law. Contrary to what some believe, there are many other wonderful travel opportunities other than Dis. ;) Happy planning :)

Hi,

I just read your post about where to go next, and I can say without hesitation that Alaska is the place to go. My family cruised there last year and have the vacation of our lifetime. As a matter of fact, we were so undecided about where to go this year because we didn't feel anything could measure up to our Alaskan cruise. Even our children ages 8 and 11 wanted to go back there this year.

If you'd like more information, let me know and good luck with your decision.

Anita

My vote is for an alaskan cruise also! It was by far our most wonderful cruise! It's not cheap, the excursions are a big hunk of change, and a definite must if you want to see and experience it all, but the most wonderful and awe inspiring thing ever!

You might also try a southern carribean cruise, or europe, or west coast, or panama canal etc etc. etc. There is so much more out there than just the eastern and western on DCL! We are doing the southern next winter, and hopefully a european cruise in a couple of years!

My parents are retired, and they are doing 12 days in the greek isles and Barcelona and then staying on the ship for the 14 day transatlantic! 26 days total for their 40th wedding anniversary! Now that's the life I want someday!

We have done Disney very often the last few years but we have also been planning ALASKA for a few too. We are cruising there in 2004 and are very excited.

Steve

Toronto has some really good deals on now. The city is trying to recover from the SARS incident, so prices have really come down. If I may say, it is a nice place to visit with lots to do!:D If you want the web site it is www.toronto.ca

Thx everyone, it's time to make some important decisions!!!!

Hawaii. :sunny: I just returned from two weeks there and I can't wait to go back. And no, I didn't cruise, although we ran into several people that had been on the Norwegian Star. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter