I have a "new" garden question...

December99

<font color=orange>WDW Antenna Topper Queen</font>
I have a spot on the west side of my house that I am planning on doing this year like the rest of the house. I also have a spot that I want to put a "flower garden" in. My question is this....

It is all grass right now, do I NEED to dig up that ground or can I just put a weed/ground cover over it, then put my brick that I want to use and then put my soil in? The rest of the house was easy because it was basically all dug up or easy to dig up - the west side of the house is NOT gonna be easy to dig up, might even need to get a small roto tiller to do this job.

Thanks

You have a couple choices....

You can layer newspaper on top of the grass and dump some soil and compost on top...and leave it till next season.

You can dig up the grass and then till.

There is also a machine you can rent with scraps the sod right off.

I go for the newspaper...it's easy and cheap and by fall you will be ready to plant.

Or I can hire a landscaping company. :D ;) Hmmmm....

Thanks for the input Vanessa. That does really help. I think I'm going to end up having to go with digging it up cause I wanted to plant this spring. I knew I should have started this last summer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter