I have a reservation question

pirateofthecarolinas

<font color=FF00CC>AIN'T ain't a word!<br><font co
We are going to the WL the day after Thanksgiving. My MIL said she has to be on the 1st or 2nd floor. I know that the lobby is the second floor.

My MIL has anxiety disorders that she takes a lot of medications for so I do know that this is a real concern for her. She feels that she has to be able to quickly escape from a building. She is a worrier!

Can I go through the handicapped reservation line to insure that she gets a 1st or 2nd level room? She could stay with my FIL in a King. Would a mental disability be considered for a handicapped room? She also suffers from diabetes, arthritis and has a rod in her leg from a break. She walks well but does have a slight limp. She does use special bars in her bathroom at home.

My ILs have never been to WDW.:eek: I really want to make their trip is extra special. I will do anything possible to make sure that my MIL is comfortable and happy. She is a wonderful MIL.

Thanks,

Lori

To me, this sounds like two things you need to address. Does she want and need an accessible room? Some have bars but a tub others have a rollin shower. If she needs those things, then I would request that type of room.

But it sounds like for sure she NEEDS that 1st or 2nd floor room. I'm not sure if they will transfer you to special needs or just note it on the reservation, but I would explain the situation when you make the reservation. If when you get your written reservation it doesn't mention it, call back and ask if it's in the "notes."

We have found WDW really does a good job helping with unusual situations.

Thanks BCV23,

My MIL said that she doesn't have to have a handicapped room. She said that she could make do for one week.

I am going to call the special reservations line and see what they say.

My big concern is that we are checking in the Friday after Thanksgiving and a lot of lower floor rooms may be full.

Lori

I called the special reservations line for our trip to the WL. One Cm said that a lower level room couldn't be guaranteed because we are going so close to the Thanksgiving holiday. I thanked her and called right back.

The second CM took my reservation and said that my MIL would be guaranteed a room on the 1st or 2nd floor.:p

I hope and pray that this all works out. I won't tell my MIL because I don't want her to worry for 8 months. That's what I'll be doing for her!

Lori

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter