I have to change all my plans and I leave Fri. pleeease help

tarheelmjfan

Proud Redhead
I had my itinerary set including PS, then found out a little while ago that my niece is giving my family tickets to La Nouba for Saturday night that she's unable to use. :Pinkbounc This trip is my birthday present from my DH & DS. What a wonderful gift my niece is giving me! My DH will have to try hard to out do hers! :D Needless to say, I am more than happy to start replanning if it means we get to go to La Nouba.

Here's where I need your help! We have to pick up the tickets at the will call booth Fri. night. We won't be arriving until around 6:00 pm and we will only have our RV, no car. Will we be able to find a place to park the RV at DD just long enough to get the tickets. If not, I need you guys to help me figure out a way to do this: I need to be able to check-in at FW around 6, get my tickets and hopefully make it to one of the parks for some night time park enjoyment. Right now, it looks likes like MGM is open until 8:30 and Epcot 9:00. Friday is my actual birthday so I want to do more than just hang around FW all night. We went to HDD in Feb., so I don't want to do that again. We will now be spending Sat. night at DD, so I'd rather not do that. Please tell me there's a way to make it to one of these 2 parks for a nice birthday dinner that night. If so, what transportation do we take to get to DD then the park? Thanks all! You are invaluable!!!:D

Now I must go cancel some priority seatings!

It sounds as though you'll be pushing to time issue here. It's at least a 15 minute drive from DD to FW. Is there any way you can plan on arriving earlier? Or can you pick up the tickets right before the show Saturday night?

I'm not sure it would even be worth your while to leave FW to go to a park - the transportation system is extremely slow!! How about dinner at one of the resort restaurants? Maybe Albert & Victoria's at the Grand Floridian? Or Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary (request a table where you can see the castle).

Good luck on whatever you decide and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Will we be able to find a place to park the RV at DD just long enough to get the tickets.

The parking lot in the back on the West Side of DD is close to La Nouba & usually not too crowded. You could check in at FW after that, but would need to take a bus to either MGM or Epcot, times may be unpredictable. You might want to consider hopping on a boat to one of the monorail resorts for your birthday dinner. Enjoy, whatever you decide!

You couldn't pay us to drive our RV near any of the DD parking lots. Very hard to get around in with a car, can't imagine an RV..plus depending on your length, you may not be able to park without doing some serious blocking. Granted we are a 30 foot Holiday attached to a truck..so we run about 47 feet long..but even if we were driving a motor home, we wouldn't do it. Go to FT wilderness, park the RV in your spot, take the boat over to the Comtemporary, and the monorail to Ticket and Trans and a bus to DD Disney (unless Contemp has a bus to DD). I think you'll be time ahead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter