• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I have to recommend......

Santa

DIS Veteran
The Rose & Crown in the UK pavilion at EPCOT.
We did not originally plan on eating at the Rose & Crown but LeCellier in the Canada pavilion had empty tables & no waiting patrons around at 8:15pm but no room for 2 as I was told they were booked for the evening (with attitude). Maybe my Mickey t-shirt was not the proper attire.

That was the best steak I have ever had & I have had some good steaks. William was our server & a very good one at that.
This will definatly be one to return to.

We also enjoy Rose & Crown. Really too bad about Le Cellier!

Being from across the pond, I want to try other restaurants and food that I can't get back home.

Thanks for posting on the Rose & Crown. We have been wanting to try this restaurant for years but just never seem to manage to get a meal there. However, we have managed to get a drink or two there ;).

I'm happy to hear a good review about Rose and Crown. This is the only sit-down restaurant we have eaten in at Epcot so far, and we enjoyed the food and atmosphere very much.

We were "lucky" enough to have a sudden horrendous rain downpour when we were there, and the lights went flashing on and off for a few minutes. People ran into the restaurant to get out of the wind and rain, and it became a great big crowded party. The UK CMs were so accommodating, and started telling round-robin stories of people stuck in a British haunted castle during a rainstorm. It was tons of fun!

We eat at the Rose & Crown aon almost every visit and I happy to say we will be eating there again 17 days from now. Love the pie sampler.:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

We did not originally plan on eating at the Rose & Crown but LeCellier in the Canada pavilion had empty tables & no waiting patrons around at 8:15pm but no room for 2 as I was told they were booked for the evening (with attitude).

Dear Santa,
Sorry to hear about LeCellier attitude. I hope you put them on the "naughty" list for Xmas!!!!!:wave2:

I enjoyed R&C when I visited back in March. The roast chicken was very nice, and the Lemon Possett was a lovely finish. I lucked into an outdoor table just minutes before IllumiNations (had no desire to sit outside, or to see the show that night- I was more interested in food) I would love to sit outside again in the late afternoon/early evening, when the lighting is more sufficient (I'm nearsighted and don't do too well in candlelight.)

We too were pleasantly surprised with the R&C. I had the bangers and mash (I wanted something different) and they were great! I cannot remember what DH or the kids ate.

We were given at outside seat too. But being cursed it started to rain and they moved us inside.

The Rose and Crown is my personal favorite. In fact, I took a picture of it the last time we were in Epcot, and now the photo hangs in my office. Besides the Bass Ale and Guinness, the food is very belly pleasing. :)

The Fish and Chips at take out shop and they were good looks like we need to give Rose and Crown a chance at dinner.:wave2: :wave: ::yes:: ::MickeyMo

Originally posted by Safari Steve
I enjoyed R&C when I visited back in March. The roast chicken was very nice, and the Lemon Possett was a lovely finish. I lucked into an outdoor table just minutes before IllumiNations (had no desire to sit outside, or to see the show that night- I was more interested in food) I would love to sit outside again in the late afternoon/early evening, when the lighting is more sufficient (I'm nearsighted and don't do too well in candlelight.)

Steve, think about trying it for lunch. Less crowded, many of the same dishes, lower prices, same fun servers, lovely view of the lake...and lots of light.:sunny:

do you think it would be possible to walk in for lunch on a Tues in Jan...we are going to epcot when we arrive but don't want to make a ps just in case we are later than i hope. I guess i could make the ps and miss it but don't really feel right about doing that.
Thansk

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter