• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I here at SSR

chirona

Mouseketeer
i am at SSR now. I arrived on Sat.Oct. 8,. Check in was not smooth. I requested a 1 bdrm downtown view. I arrived at 12:30 and my room was not ready. I didn't get my room till 3 o Clock. My room was on the ground floor which means you don't have a closed in patio. I call and ask if I could get a higher floor. at first they told me know and that if I waited till the next day for a room to become available they would charge me a fee. I explain after all these years of being a DVC member you will charge me a fee. Then the man said hold on and let me check. He inform me that he had a partial wheelchair access room the only difference was that there was a rail on the tub. I said well if that is it then I will take it. I went down to the carriage house to pick up new room keys move our luggage to the new room. I get there it had mildew smell. There was water setill in the Jacuzzi. There is no shower stall. Ther refrig and the stove are all naturally lower. I call back to the front desk and explaian that this room is unacceptable give me another room. Disney apoligize and told me they had another room this wasee on the second floor and has a view of downtown disney. finally I get there and perfect. It is very late in the afternoon. I was tired. We met with some family members who live in the area and went out to eat. the next day Sunday I went to Sweet sensations at Epcot. It exceeded my expectations. It was wonderful. We had a buffet breakfast and tried 2 different wines and 3 desserts. Then we walk around some of the booths trying samples of the food. today I am relaxing during the day I will go in a few minutes to the parks. The trip is looking better

Requests are never a guarantee.

Check in at DVC resort is after 4pm, so you got in a hour early.

Your contract states there is a moving fee, regardless of how long you have been a member why would that make a difference. There was nothing wrong with the first floor room you just did not want it.

Glad things worked out for you, but your complaints were not legitimate in my opinion and I am sure others will agree.

I agree with Sammie. And I didn't think any first floor rooms were enclosed; maybe I'm wrong.
Also it sounds like they informed you about the 2nd room being accessible, so I am confused about why you were unhappy with that one.

Sorry you were disappointed with your rooms, but I don't think it had anything to do with inadequacies at SSR.

I agree, I've often waited until after 4 pm for check-in, especially during a busier season. Other than that, they were simply your personal room preferences that caused "problems". Sorry, I think you should have been charged a room change fee, unless there was a mechanical/housekeeping problem with your room.

We loved the ground floor room but I could understand if you had a really young child you would have to keep an eye on them more as they could wander off.

The only room I would not want is the HC one as we British ladies like to take a bath and lie down and pamper ourselves!!! I have discussed this with DH and we are prepared to pay the charge to move our rooms if my guests do not get tubs when we next go. I also would like our second family to be in a room near us.

I understand about the charge and think it will be worth it to us as we could be in the room for two weeks, if we don't stay a few days at another resort.

Susan

mark&sue said:
The only room I would not want is the HC one as we British ladies like to take a bath and lie down and pamper ourselves!!!
Susan

Hi Susan - - maybe it's an international ladies thing... i just love to lie way, way down in a tub. Having said that though - - I've stayed in some great hotels in London with huge beautiful tubs.. and some American hotels where the tub is so utilitarian!! (Excluding Ritz's!)

Anway - OP - glad you are settled and having a great time!!!

Check in was smooth, you are not. your "Paris Hilton" type demands and lack of being a "good DVC neighbor" caused another family to wait while 2 rooms had to be re-cleaned.

Sounds like SSR bent over backwards for a difficult member to me.....

My disappointment came because I REQUESTED to change me from the 1st floor patio. When I was told that the only difference was the rail on the tub. I asked was he sure. when I went down to the the front desk I confirm whether that was true tht the only difference was the rail. the reason I wanted to mak sure because I wouldn't have moved otherwise. My 76 year old mother was with me I didn't want to move her to much. When I got there the room was not what they said and there was a mildew smell something I didn't want. Plus the tub still had water in it as if it was not clean. They did not hold 2 rooms out for me because I called right away and moved right away. I wish that I received the right information from the beginning. I have been a DVC member since 1995 I know exaclly how check in is suppose to work. In most instances things work smoothly. This time it didn't with regard to wrong information about what the room had. some of you wrote unkind words to someone you don't have any clue about.

Does seem like a few people have been alittle harsh in this thread.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter