• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

[I]I was wondering if we could get the DDP only on the full days at WDW?

acourtwdw

DIS Veteran
We are going to WDW for a really quick visit. We won't be arriving to the resort until around 1am and then departing 3 days later around 6am. I was wondering if we could get the DDP only on the full days at WDW? The resturants won't even be open the day of our arrive and departure.

The dining plan is based on the number of nights you are staying on property. So, no, you cannot get the plan for only the full days you are there. I don't know how many are in your party or what your plans are, but the DDP might still be something you'd want to use.

Keep in mind that you don't need to use 1 CS and 1TS and 1 snack each day, you can use (for example) 2CS and 1TS and 2 snacks on one day. Also note that you don't get credits per day, but as Mickeefan said, you get credits per night, so there even if you don't eat at all on the day you arrive nor on the day you depart, that's just 1CS, 1TS and 1 snack extra to use on the other days, assuming you'd tend to use your credits evenly in the first place.

Try the Hoop-Dee Do one night that would use 2 TS credits and you get a dinner, show, acoholic beverage or soda and tip even in 2008.

While I love the idea of a dinner show, I just don't think we will have the time. Thanks for the tip though.

Or you could even splurge with a signature restaurant that is two credits pp.
The logic behind the DDP per night is because check in is not until after 3 - 4 p.m., and check out is 11 a.m.
Don't wait to the last minute to add on the DDP, as you will not be able to. And that is assuming you have MYW tickets already on your res.

We added it today. We have DVC and AP. Called and got LTT for the night of MVMCP. Trying to deceide where else we want to eat at. Any suggestions? Canada and CRT not available. Thinking about breakfast in Norway with the Princesses.

What you can do, which we always do as we always arrive late and have to leave early is book a room only ressie for the first night.

Try the Hoop-Dee Do one night that would use 2 TS credits and you get a dinner, show, acoholic beverage or soda and tip even in 2008.

Is the gratuity included for 2008 with dinner shows? - this would make the HDD much more interesting. For those who have been already - is the HDD worth the 2 TS credits?

Our last day at WDW is always, wake up, pack up and leave. But we use the extra meals in the DDP before we go. usually pick up the CS for breakfast one day during our stay and use the extra TS for a signature meal that requires 2 credits, like the luau at the Poly. (which is FAB BTW)

Yes, IMO the HDDR is well worth the 2 credits. We've gone every year since2003 and we were going to go to Yachtsman this year instead- but DH & kids insisted we drop it to do the HDDR again. We love this show/dinner. I'm excited that we'll have mashed potatoes this year!!!

Well, that is an interesting question.

The regular price for the dinner shows includes the gratutity. The DDP in 2008 will not include gratuities. If you are booked for a dinner show using DDP, are you now responsible for the gratuity?

I checked some places and I can't find the answer. Apparently the above poster has confirmed somewhere that the gratuity is part of the regular price for the show and WILL be included even if you use the DDP.

Well, that is an interesting question.

The regular price for the dinner shows includes the gratutity. The DDP in 2008 will not include gratuities. If you are booked for a dinner show using DDP, are you now responsible for the gratuity?

I checked some places and I can't find the answer. Apparently the above poster has confirmed somewhere that the gratuity is part of the regular price for the show and WILL be included even if you use the DDP.

if the cash option includes the gratuity the ddp option will include the gratuity
Paulh

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter