I implore you for your help ... BWV vs OKW?

celtchic

Earning My Ears
I posted earlier with a BCW and OKW and was convinced by your help that BWV wins out over BCW for our group. Here’s what I know BCW location is amazing … OKW has super-size rooms. Here’s the dilemma. When we were at Kidani (1bdrm) the pull-out sleeper couch was horrid. My (3) :dance3: kids are in their twenties and actually slept on the floor rather than the pull-out which put the bar in their back … and the chair was like a “park bench” (trust me … these are not persnickety kids these are kids who camp and sleep on the ground a lot). Last year we opted for a dedicated 2bdrm … so everyone would have a bed and … we were bumped to a grand villa!pixiedust: I know pixie dust usually doesn’t strike twice!! So the final decision is coming down to comfort.
Questions: I read that all the 2 bedrooms at BWV lock-offs? True? So no 2 bedrooms have 2 queens in the second bdrm? If so, has anyone slept on the couches and are they any better than Kidani? Is it worth it to give up the amazing location for OKW and the guaranteed 2 beds in the second room? We are flying in from the NW and we go commando all day at the parks … we are thrill ride addicts!!! A good night’s sleep is important to us … but that local is sooooo tempting.
Your opinion and knowledge is greatly appreciated, really … thanks for taking the time!:worship:

I posted earlier with a BCW and OKW and was convinced by your help that BWV wins out over BCW for our group. Here’s what I know BCW location is amazing … OKW has super-size rooms. Here’s the dilemma. When we were at Kidani (1bdrm) the pull-out sleeper couch was horrid. My (3) :dance3: kids are in their twenties and actually slept on the floor rather than the pull-out which put the bar in their back … and the chair was like a “park bench” (trust me … these are not persnickety kids these are kids who camp and sleep on the ground a lot). Last year we opted for a dedicated 2bdrm … so everyone would have a bed and … we were bumped to a grand villa!pixiedust: I know pixie dust usually doesn’t strike twice!! So the final decision is coming down to comfort.
Questions: I read that all the 2 bedrooms at BWV lock-offs? True? So no 2 bedrooms have 2 queens in the second bdrm? If so, has anyone slept on the couches and are they any better than Kidani? Is it worth it to give up the amazing location for OKW and the guaranteed 2 beds in the second room? We are flying in from the NW and we go commando all day at the parks … we are thrill ride addicts!!! A good night’s sleep is important to us … but that local is sooooo tempting.
Your opinion and knowledge is greatly appreciated, really … thanks for taking the time!:worship:
Given you'll likely spend a large portion of your time at EPCOT and DHS, I would stay with the BWV but you can't go wrong. SSR dedicated 2 BR might be better than OKW due to it's proximity to DDT. Thre's no wrong answer and all are good choices.

The sleeper sofas at BCV and BWV are different from the ones at OKW and AKV. They are not the platform style, but the type that flips forward from the back with the cushions staying attached and supporting the foot of the bed. More like a real mattress than the three section pad of the other sleeper sofas.

We always book a 1 bedroom and I usually sleep on the sofabed because DH snores. The ones at AKV and OKW are definitely not as comfortable as the ones at BWV. I agree---that one at Kidani was as hard as a park bench! No sofabed is as good as a real bed IMHO but the ones at BWV are the best I have had. There is no bar and no hard board underneath the mattress. If you want real beds then BWV won't work for you but I think you should give BWV a go.

I've never slept on either; but have had guests sleep on both. Never a complaint at BWV...always complaints at Kidani.

You guys are great ... thank you so much!:cool1:
I have another question I just saw on one of the many posts I've been searching ... that a BW key uses a special gate at DHS ... I know about the entrance into Epcot ... but never heard a special entrance gate for BW residents. Any truth here?

You guys are great ... thank you so much!:cool1:
I have another question I just saw on one of the many posts I've been searching ... that a BW key uses a special gate at DHS ... I know about the entrance into Epcot ... but never heard a special entrance gate for BW residents. Any truth here?

Never heard of a special gate at DHS and we have stayed at BWV probably 40 times. We do love the walking path from BWV to DHS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter