I know - if you have to ask then the answer is "NO"

TNixon123

Earning My Ears
So I've grown up in the very strict bible belt of the south my entire life. Beer in this area is only looked at as something an alcoholic consumes in obscene quantities.

I've come to realize though that it can be enjoyed just like a fine wine when brewed properly and can be enjoyed in moderation like any other beverage.

My wife is making a shirt for me that simply says "Wearing Ears and Drinking Beers" that I may wear to Epcot. No, I'm not drinking around the world. I enjoy unique beers and in this June heat I probably will only have a dozen or two (just kidding) - maybe 3-4 at most.

Am I going to get strange shameful looks from everyone or is this just the bible belt paranoia that has been beaten into my brain my entire life over worrying?

I am buying a shirt off Etsy that says "Mouse Ears and Cold Beers" for my husband. He will wear it at WDW with me and our 9-year old son. I'm sure 99% of the people that even notice the shirt won't think much of it, and if they do, too bad for them!

So go ahead, wear it!

So I've grown up in the very strict bible belt of the south my entire life. Beer in this area is only looked at as something an alcoholic consumes in obscene quantities.

I've come to realize though that it can be enjoyed just like a fine wine when brewed properly and can be enjoyed in moderation like any other beverage.

My wife is making a shirt for me that simply says "Wearing Ears and Drinking Beers" that I may wear to Epcot. No, I'm not drinking around the world. I enjoy unique beers and in this June heat I probably will only have a dozen or two (just kidding) - maybe 3-4 at most.

Am I going to get strange shameful looks from everyone or is this just the bible belt paranoia that has been beaten into my brain my entire life over worrying?

There is zero wrong with this shirt.

In 8 days my husband will be at Epcot wearing a shirt that says “look for the beer necessities”. I will be beside him wearing a “I just want to drink wine, go to Disney and take naps” shirt :)
Love those!!
I have one that says I drink and I know things, inside an Epcot ball. My DH says I can’t wear it because I don’t watch GoT. I had no idea what it meant when I saw it on Pinterest other than I drink (I do) and I know things (according to my kids I am the dumbest person on earth lol). It seemed fitting for a day at Epcot!

Don't see an issue. Check Etsy, there's probably some fun ideas there.

Definitely paranoia. I'm from London, where copious drinking is basically the standard and pubs outnumber Starbucks so I guess it's a cultural difference. I'd probably only bat an eyelid if the beers you're drinking lead you to revisit dinner on the floor of the parks. Enjoy your beer and your novelty shirt :)

Being from the south as well, I understand your reasoning. However, it is flawed. ;) You will fit right in and no one will think much of it with the exception of the folks telling you they like your shirt. Kudos to your wife. It sounds like a great shirt!:drinking1

If someone is going to look down on you for it then don't try to make friends with them. You don't want someone like that in your life. Have fun. If you get comments it is most likely to be " I like your shirt!". I grew up in a French/Italian Family. Nobody does guilt like a Catholic moma. Not my neighbors Jewish grandmother. We both used to laugh about it all the time. I grew up right outside of NYC. Everyone was either Jewish or Catholic. Between the two we had a monopoly on guilt. All the stereotypes were alive and well. We will not judge. If you are unconfortable just don't tell anybody from home about it.

Nobody will bat an eye. (Although, I guarantee several people will ask where you got it and will want one, too.)

Anyone who is judgmental isn't worth worrying about. You'll likely never see these people again anyways.

Enjoy your beers and your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter