I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah - your 20 yr old Discover Account might fetch $500+ given the bump that it would provide to somebody. Let us know how it works out :P HAHA!!

Only $500, not worth it. It's worth way more than that to me considering you could get caught. 'Ma'am why do you have a 55 year old felon that lives in Arkansas as an authorized user?' I don't think so.

DH might be off to Chicago next. I said hey, that a somewhere we could do a weekend. His response? No, I dont want to be there at night :confused3

Now, I know you dont earn points from stats booked through third parties, but can you at least earn night credits? I feel like I read that somewhere. His work books everything through hotels.com

So I just checked DH’s Marriott account and it actually appears to be the opposite. He books travel through his work’s travel agency and did earn points from his stay, but I see that he did not earn a night credit from his last work stay.

I don’t have his Hyatt number, but I’ll have to check that too since he also did a three night stay there last week.

ETA: Funnily enough, my three night Marriott stay that I completed last week and booked directly with Marriott is not showing up on my account. I guess I'll have to complete a missing stay form :sad2:

This shutdown just keeps getting better...apparently he was also selling tradelines!!!

https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/comments/bexvhg/discussion_thread_april_19_2019/elbiauw/

For those that don’t know what that is:
Selling your card's tradeline (aka pay for piggyback) Selling a “seasoned” tradeline of credit used to be a common practice to help people with poor credit histories by adding them as an authorized user to a card with a stellar payment history.

This is classic bustout stuff!

I think we've identified our next shutdown victim:
https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/comments/bexvhg/discussion_thread_april_19_2019/elauz7r/
  • "Chase CL is currently sitting @ 73% of reported income across 8 cards opened in the past 9 months"

I think all of this can be summed up by the Dwight picture I posted yesterday morning.

Only $500, not worth it. It's worth way more than that to me considering you could get caught. 'Ma'am why do you have a 55 year old felon that lives in Arkansas as an authorized user?' I don't think so.

This is what I've always thought when I read people in the FIRE community doing this. Selling tradelines is so big on the Mr Money Mustache forum. I just shake my head and run the other direction. #NoThanks

I think selling tradelines is shady too, but I think for some people it’s no different from MS. Both are not illegal they just go against the terms of the credit card company. I’m fine MSing but not comfortable selling tradelines. If people want to do that that’s fine with me though because I break the rules too, just have a different comfort level. I also know that the credit card company has every right to shut me down for MS and I’m fine with that. the risk out weighs the reward. I think if you sell tradelines you should have the same attitude.

My first CIP statement closed so I just logged in and tried to transfer my points to my CSR and I was denied. It said my card was ineligible. :mad: What should I do?

Relative to Citi and AA matches - there was a discussion the other day on r/churning about whether people should stop asking for matches because it’s too blatant (ie are asking for the train to derail)...

I’m honestly not sure where I stand. I think the initial comment (aside from the abundance of profanity) has merit. However, if I stop asking for matches but everybody else continues I’ve really achieved nothing but screw myself. I’d be interested in folks thoughts here.

I'm late to the party with this, but I'll throw it in anyway - I agree that asking for matches is more likely to expedite ending the mailer bonuses than not, however the only way to stop it is to get everyone to stop asking for matches. That's not going to happen with everyone, or even most or half or probably even a few. So, keep asking, because the end is coming.

My first CIP statement closed so I just logged in and tried to transfer my points to my CSR and I was denied. It said my card was ineligible. :mad: What should I do?

Is either your CIP or CSR already connected for transferring to another card? Chase gives weird error messages when that happens. Unlink both cards from all other cards and try again. If that doesn't work, try again tomorrow.

That's a good question. I think that the Chase lineup of business cards is probably the best small business lineup of any card issuer. They are decidedly aimed at small business owners though so if somebody has no business whatsoever you probably couldn't even get past the application. As far as a "limited small business" goes, I think I'd let them be the judge of that. If you have answered the application questions honestly and they approve you, then obviously you have a business that fits the criteria.

I couldn't like this answer more.....

Relative to Citi and AA matches - there was a discussion the other day on r/churning about whether people should stop asking for matches because it’s too blatant (ie are asking for the train to derail)...

I’m honestly not sure where I stand. I think the initial comment (aside from the abundance of profanity) has merit. However, if I stop asking for matches but everybody else continues I’ve really achieved nothing but screw myself. I’d be interested in folks thoughts here.

I won't stop asking for a match. The train will go off the rails at some point...they always do in this game...I'm going to keep on keeping on until I can't anymore ;)

@wendow took the words right out of my mouth. The train WILL derail, just a matter of when. Until that time, I am going to milk this thing for all its worth. Just my .02.

So that said, I think all of us here should continue to pursue a match LOL!

I'm going to be the dissenter here. Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered. Is the difference of 20 or 40k enough for me to lose the potential of 53K? No, not really. I have plans for those miles and I'd prefer eyes to not be on my account. Everyone plays the game differently though.

Last edited:
I'm going to be the dissenter here. Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered. Is the difference of 20 or 40k (since I'm on Citi AA #2) enough for me to lose the potential of 53K (x how many)? No, not really. I have plans for those miles and I'd prefer eyes to not be on my account. Everyone plays the game differently though.
Now this is a very interesting stance - the idea of not wanting eyes on “your” account makes sense to me. You can’t control everybody else and they can ask for matches but you don’t for this reason. That is a logical decision (and one I won’t be doing :P) but I absolutely respect the decision and logic :)

As I posted a few days ago, DH was approved for the CIP earlier this week. He also holds a Chase Ink Plus from late 2014. Both using his name/SSN as busines name.

Is he ok to request the old Plus be closed or should we wait until the next AF posts and then call in? I figured he could say he prefers the bonus categories of the new CIP or something like that.

Another option is downgrade to CIC, is there a downside to that?

This shutdown just keeps getting better...apparently he was also selling tradelines!!!

https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/comments/bexvhg/discussion_thread_april_19_2019/elbiauw/

For those that don’t know what that is:
Selling your card's tradeline (aka pay for piggyback) Selling a “seasoned” tradeline of credit used to be a common practice to help people with poor credit histories by adding them as an authorized user to a card with a stellar payment history.

This is classic bustout stuff!
I thought the guy was a bustout risk even before I heard the tradelines stuff. This guy is super shady. He in no way got shutdown for CIP 2. And now he’s banned from 2 cc companies. :sad2:

I didn't chime in either, but my response would have not been like the others. :goodvibes
DH has always traveled a couple nights a week, so that is our normal. If he is home too many nights in a row I usually ask him if he has any travel coming up. :wave2: What can I say, I like my alone time.

LOL this is me, except my husband is a firefighter :firefight so it's not travel but he worked 24 on 48 off. So when he would take a couple of shifts off that would put him home for a few weeks. :crazy2: He's more of a do everything together all the time when he's home and I'm a let me have some free time kind of person. My daughter is more like me and will ask me when does daddy go back to work. :rolleyes1 They switched the schedule this year and now he works 48 then off for 4 days. It's been an adjustment.

How does going for a 2nd Citi AA biz work now? I don’t need a mailer anymore? (I never considered a second bc I wasn’t going to get the mailer) Do I have to cancel the first or can I just have two cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter