I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Memaw passed away this morning so I'm a bit distracted with that today. Of all my grandparents I expected her to go last, not first. While I was semi-prepared, it was much sooner than I thought it would be.

I was supposed to book our tours for Costa Rica today and completely forgot. Should I put that on CSR or the CIP I'm working on? It won't impact meeting the CIP spend if I do or don't.
I am so sorry :hug:

PSA: Tomorrow, Wed. April 24, 2019 is the LAST DAY to apply for the Amex Marriott BONVOY BRILLIANT (formerly the "SPG Lux") and BONVOY BUSINESS (formerly the "SPG Biz") at the elevated 100,000 Points welcome offers.

I have a reminder set in my phone to apply today (even though I'll be denied for too many cards, I can call in a few days ask for reconsideration!).

Thanks so much for the reminder :)

Last edited:
@speedyfishy
your request is a bit too broad. Can you narrow it down for me?
i do see DCA--PHL--FCO, tons of AAnytime Awards J class and PE class. checked 3/1, 3/10
or are u looking for other miles to use.

for DL, i only see level1 savers, so only partner rewards.

@speedyfishy
your request is a bit too broad. Can you narrow it down for me?
i do see DCA--PHL--FCO, tons of AAnytime Awards J class and PE class. checked 3/1, 3/10
or are u looking for other miles to use.

for DL, i only see level1 savers, so only partner rewards.

How many miles is the AAnytime awards. Is like 120,000 miles a person enough round trip? Are you looking on the AA website?

Got an email from Jetblue for 15% off spring sales from 4/29-6/20. Must book by 4/25. I had flights to MCO for as low as 4,200 points.

Reminder to those that fly Jetblue that it's often a much better deal to transfer URs to Jetblue than book a Jetblue flight with URs!
Is JetBlue an immediate transfer?

I was so bummed the promo date stops like 5 days before I wanted to book a flight lol

Is JetBlue an immediate transfer?

I was so bummed the promo date stops like 5 days before I wanted to book a flight lol

Ugh that's irritating. It's been a while since I've transferred UR to them, but I think it was. I feel like I might have had to login and out of my Jetblue account a couple times before they appeared.

Reminder to @*WDW*Groupie* - If you haven't done so already, you should apply for the Bonvoy Brilliant before the 100k offer ends tomorrow. You won't be approved because you're still at 2 Amex credit cards within the past 90 days, but one of those cards will drop off on or about 4/28/19 and you can recon the Bonvoy Brilliant with the 100k offer attached then.

My prior comments for reference.

Applied and denied. Will wait until the 29th and HUCA until they approve!

LOL ummm... so here's something...

I emailed Marriott this morning because my hotel stay in Norfolk didn't credit to my account. It never credits properly, I think because it's a conference rate, but I've filled out a missing stay form and gotten the night credits and points. They just sent me an email apologizing for problem and thanking me for being a TITANIUM elite member :laughing:

Definitely not a titanium elite member, so not sure if that's a typo or what. I'd be happy to have them make me a titanium member if they'd like to!

ETA: But now this makes me wonder... am I somehow in the system as a Titanium member? That would explain why I randomly got the free breakfast at the hotel... I definitely show up as a gold member on my account. Maybe once my points show up I'll try to figure out if I somehow got the additional 75% points for being titanium.

Giving up on the TD Bank checking bonus. This was my second try at it, as some DPs suggest churning it is possible despite the once-per-lifetime language. No luck here. Reading a little more in DoC comments, some speculate that if the TD Bank application finds your existing online account, that's a likely trigger that you won't get the bonus. That definitely happened to me. So if you're trying to churn TD Bank, if your new account is linked to your existing online login, you're probably out of luck.

DP: CIP#2 80,000 bonus UR are showing on my statement. Bonus points for self-referral are also pending. Yay!

Interesting bonus points on my stay at the Conrad Washington Sunday night (I'd highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Washington -- it's really nice; we were upgraded from a Queen Deluxe to a King Studio Suite on arrival at noon -- and given access to our room):

DIAMOND ELITE 100% BONUS: 3087

2019 Points Unlimited: 2000

DIAMOND MYWAY BONUS: 1000

Base Points: 3087

Total cost was $291.00. Bonus points (not including points on my Aspire) are 9,174. This card is a keeper! Anyone know how to get another card ;)

Is there anyway to convert MR or bonvoy points into united miles?

Unfortunately, I didn't graduate because I quit to raise my daughter and follow my Navy husband. However, that daughter did just recently graduate from A&M and once an Aggie always an Aggie. If you can't be an Aggie Grad, the next best thing is to be an Aggie Mom ;) I had some serious issues about moving to the Austin area when we returned to the state, but turns out there's quite a few Ags here lol

You must be so proud! It was the hardest thing I have done lately to discourage my DD from applying to A&M (they sent her a lot of literature and an invitation to Scholars Day, etc). I didn't think it was the right place for her although I loved my time there.
I've heard Austin is crazy spread out now but I'm sure it's fun (and depending on where you live, not too too far from College Station :)).

@tink1970 and @calypso726

I was thinking you two should check your Chase accounts for “Selected for You” offers that bypass 5/24. For the CIP, you’ll want to look for an offer with the green check mark and a fixed APR.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/new-way-bypass-chase-524-online-need-datapoints/

https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/comments/bgf1xw/discussion_thread_april_23_2019/elkt9qc/

Nice looking out there, @gottalovepluto. ;)

Thanks for thinking about me--I check every couple of days and Chase just wants me to re-fi mortgages or auto loans (sadly/happily have neither) or refer to Disney;). I think as I approach dropping off I'll see more interesting offers, though-that's what happened with DH. At this point, I'm in the home stretch...what's another 6 months or so?

LOL ummm... so here's something...

I emailed Marriott this morning because my hotel stay in Norfolk didn't credit to my account. It never credits properly, I think because it's a conference rate, but I've filled out a missing stay form and gotten the night credits and points. They just sent me an email apologizing for problem and thanking me for being a TITANIUM elite member :laughing:

Definitely not a titanium elite member, so not sure if that's a typo or what. I'd be happy to have them make me a titanium member if they'd like to!

ETA: But now this makes me wonder... am I somehow in the system as a Titanium member? That would explain why I randomly got the free breakfast at the hotel... I definitely show up as a gold member on my account. Maybe once my points show up I'll try to figure out if I somehow got the additional 75% points for being titanium.

It wouldn't surprise me if there's a secret system out there that says your Titanium :) I still have no idea how hubby is magically Lifetime Gold. It showed properly as Silver after the merger and even after he got his Platinum status. Just one day I logged in and Congratulations! suddenly it says Gold instead. It's been months and hasn't changed. I'm not going to complain :D

If the bonus points don't work out, maybe you can point to the email and see if they'll give you some points to compensate your emotional suffering from having been led on like that. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter