I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m pretty sure this is a dumb question, but here goes....I can book a Delta flight for 14,000 Delta frequent flyer miles or 11k UR Points through the Chase UR portal. I’m assuming the UR Points makes more financial sense? If the two are somehow comparable, I’d rather use the Delta miles, just because they are less flexible on what I can use them for. If it makes a difference at all, the Chase card I have is a CIP. Thanks!

All cards good and active/loaded! Now, do I tell Sams that they came, or just ignore it. I am thinking ignore it.
I sure would love to know how it happened that all the missing cards were added into my new order.

Oh yeah, I was so mad I forgot. Sams gave me a $50 Sams gift card for my trouble!
I just need my dang Delta miles from AMEX and my churning life would be all happy again!

Have all of the Amex self-referral clawbacks been on MR cards? I self-referred for a Hilton Ascend from my Hilton biz so wondering if I should be worried. Sorry for all of you dealing with this, Amex really sucks sometimes!
Yes. Looks like if the referral was from an MR card to any card it's getting clawed back. 3rd party referral points (like Hilton) haven't been clawed back yet.

Oh wow...I had the same thing happen 6/1 for my 6/2 flight....while waiting on hold I figured out how to rebook us online....had to cancel my DH flight since he was my companion....then switch my flight and add him back to the new flight

That's right, I thought you were one of the people affected recently. See, I should've paid closer attention!

I did end up going online to cancel his reservation before doing mine, and then tried to go through the rebook link on the text that SW sent me. But it was unclear on that link if I was going to be on the hook for the increase cost in points (even though their policy states that I wouldn't be, since this was a flight cancelation instigated by them) and I didn't want to deal with that fight if they took more points from me. So I waited for the phone call back so I could verify that with a human. But next time, if there is a next time (I've flown Southwest for over 15 years and this has never happened to me before) I'll do what you are saying. Still, if people are in a mad rush to rebook, there's no guarantee that I could grab the CP seat if flights are getting sold out. :worried:

The rep said storms were the cause of this cancelation, and if it was truly that then I guess I will count myself lucky that all I'm dealing with is a later flight and not one of the poor folks who are caught in the storm's path.

This is my absolute nightmare. I really hope they have this better sorted out by then. I've been so excited about the option of a nonstop SW flight from our airport again and will be so mad if it gets canceled and I didn't just stick with Jetblue instead.

I hope you have no problems!! Really, this is the first time I've experienced this kind of situation, delays yes, last minute cancellations no. But I suppose if you fly often, odds are it can happen. I have to wrap my head around the fact that some weather happening somewhere else, i.e. not my origin or destination, can still affect my travel plans.

I know Amex is the only one clawing back for self-referrals right now, but Chase isn't really known for clawbacks, right? Just hate mail warnings or will review and shut down?

I have not been hit by AMEX. I think I may have done 1 Self Referral on the Business Gold but can't remember. So glad I cashed out all mine and DH's points a few days ago for Carnival Corp Gift Cards. And I have confirmation that they all have shipped. Waiting to cancel by Business Gold since it has been a year - but the annual fee has not posted yet.

This is my absolute nightmare. I really hope they have this better sorted out by then. I've been so excited about the option of a nonstop SW flight from our airport again and will be so mad if it gets canceled and I didn't just stick with Jetblue instead.
I know, its mine too! And I am just now getting my CP so I really don't want to switch to JetBlue.

Ok, I have figured it out, now what do I do?
The first delivery with all the missing cards, is actually the lost package from FedEx. Someone at Sams clearly entered the wrong tracking numbers on all the other cards that were supposed to be here in the package that showed up on Monday. As of this morning, FedEx still showed this package as lost.
Now this one that just showed up is actually the replacement order from my phone call on Tuesday.
Eeeeeekkkkk.

All cards good and active/loaded! Now, do I tell Sams that they came, or just ignore it. I am thinking ignore it.
I sure would love to know how it happened that all the missing cards were added into my new order.

Oh yeah, I was so mad I forgot. Sams gave me a $50 Sams gift card for my trouble!
That is great, that they came and are all good. It is very strange how they showed up with the $500 one. Makes me leary about ordering from them.

I hope you have no problems!! Really, this is the first time I've experienced this kind of situation, delays yes, last minute cancellations no. But I suppose if you fly often, odds are it can happen. I have to wrap my head around the fact that some weather happening somewhere else, i.e. not my origin or destination, can still affect my travel plans.

If it's weather-related, I can understand that. But if my flight gets canceled for something Max 8 related, I will rage. We're how many months out from that now? Unacceptable. I'm hopeful that since SW doesn't have much of a presence out of RIC that it won't be an issue, but I of course realize that planes come from all over.

I know, its mine too! And I am just now getting my CP so I really don't want to switch to JetBlue.

I only went with SW because they have nonstop flights from RIC to MCO on Saturdays now, which just happened to work out absolutely perfect for our WDW trip. But otherwise we're sticking with JB.

I’m pretty sure this is a dumb question, but here goes....I can book a Delta flight for 14,000 Delta frequent flyer miles or 11k UR Points through the Chase UR portal. I’m assuming the UR Points makes more financial sense? If the two are somehow comparable, I’d rather use the Delta miles, just because they are less flexible on what I can use them for. If it makes a difference at all, the Chase card I have is a CIP. Thanks!
I would definitely use the Delta miles. The flexibility of the UR miles makes them more valuable to me.

I know Amex is the only one clawing back for self-referrals right now, but Chase isn't really known for clawbacks, right? Just hate mail warnings or will review and shut down?

Chase isn’t known for clawbacks; their weapon of choice is shutdowns, whether all your cards (as in the case of “bust out”) or just specific cards (what happened when they killed the original double dip).

depends on if you want to earn more Delta miles I guess. or are you looking to burn and run? AFAIK if you book through the Chase portal your flight will be a revenue flight and would earn you miles/status/what have you just like you paid cash for the ticket. If you don't have interest in earning more miles for Delta then I'd just burn them and save the UR for something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter