I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated DP - While I have not recieved my email from Disney yet, my Delta "travel documents" have been updated with a "WDW Confirmation #" listing 4 "passengers", so I'm feeling more confident.

The supervisor said Delta buys from Disney, you get an email from Delta and then an email from Disney. So, it seems I am moving through the process.

And, yes, I have been obsessively checking email today!

Past 24 hours and no WDW tickets. I got the travel documents e-mail at about 23.5 hours. WDW confirmation # is "pending" on the document. It shows it 4 times for the 4 tickets. Same as when I looked at the travel documents online earlier today.

The obsessive checking was bad, maybe even worse than a CIP app! Especially as it got closer and closer to 24 hours.

Guess we'll see what tomorrow brings! 🤞

So, I booked Dec 11-15 through Delta. We actually need to stay Dec 12-16. GF was not available so I booked us at CR for the 11-15 (closest in price) and need to rebook at GF for our actual dates. Do I cancel this immediately or wait a bit? I just booked me on the flight and I bought the travel insurance.

As far as cancelling I guess if those rooms don’t work at all cancel now? But just curious, why do you think there will be availability later when there isn’t now? I am just asking because tonight I have taken a break from the Delta Vacations rabbit hole and have been just trying to find two consecutive nights for the only part of my December stay not booked now with DVC. There is literally nothing available for that Friday and Saturday both (December 6 and 7). I am starting to think that I will need to (shudder) stay off site.

So, I booked Dec 11-15 through Delta. We actually need to stay Dec 12-16. GF was not available so I booked us at CR for the 11-15 (closest in price) and need to rebook at GF for our actual dates. Do I cancel this immediately or wait a bit? I just booked me on the flight and I bought the travel insurance.

I think someone reported earlier that if you cancel too soon you will be refunded in points rather than a voucher; I'll see if I can find the post.

As far as cancelling I guess if those rooms don’t work at all cancel now? But just curious, why do you think there will be availability later when there isn’t now? I am just asking because tonight I have taken a break from the Delta Vacations rabbit hole and have been just trying to find two consecutive nights for the only part of my December stay not booked now with DVC. There is literally nothing available for that Friday and Saturday both (December 6 and 7). I am starting to think that I will need to (shudder) stay off site.
GF is available for Dec 12-16 but not Dec 11-15 and since I need to book different dates than I plan to use the travel voucher on (dec 12-16), I booked CR since the price was closest to the GF. Maybe I haven't done this right but it was all I could figure out based on the reading I've been able to do the last few days.

I think someone reported earlier that if you cancel too soon you will be refunded in points rather than a voucher; I'll see if I can find the post.
I read that too but wasn't sure if that was just a flight only booking. I can wait for DP's tomorrow to see what to do. Thanks :)

Make sure you get the insurance or they will just give you back your miles if you cancel in 24 hrs. The rep i spoke to said you can use partial vouchers etc so that should work but I don’t know 100% since I haven’t done that

@wendow I think this was the post I was thinking of; it sounds like if you have insurance and cancel within 24 hours you might get a voucher rather than points?

Don't give up hope! I also love having everything squared away, but there is still a lot of time before December. I am sure the AP rates will see new resorts trickle in and I know it is "fall frenzy" for DVC, but I would imagine there may be some cancellations prior to 31 days.

Don't give up hope! I also love having everything squared away, but there is still a lot of time before December. I am sure the AP rates will see new resorts trickle in and I know it is "fall frenzy" for DVC, but I would imagine there may be some cancellations prior to 31 days.

I would have been out of luck DVC wise probably by time decided to go but the cash rates not being available right now is my own fault. I don’t think it is a huge deal to change rooms so I haven’t wanted to pay more for a room that soonest we arrive is 1 am. But DH has finally participated in process and said he wants those two nights same place. So while I had beach club and GF booked originally I cancelled and now there isn’t anything. Ugh.

But yes hopefully will change. I really just want to be in the bubble from the get go!!!

I would have been out of luck DVC wise probably by time decided to go but the cash rates not being available right now is my own fault. I don’t think it is a huge deal to change rooms so I haven’t wanted to pay more for a room that soonest we arrive is 1 am. But DH has finally participated in process and said he wants those two nights same place. So while I had beach club and GF booked originally I cancelled and now there isn’t anything. Ugh.

But yes hopefully will change. I really just want to be in the bubble from the get go!!!
I am seeing AoA, GF, and BWI on external sites. All very $$$ IMO (AoA: $420, GF: $649, and BWI: $782). I forget, did you also try a "magical" rate?

Well 11/27 being the earliest is much less than 2 weeks prior to your original departure, so I am confused. The 12/17 changed to 12/31 makes more sense.
Sorry, that was just the earliest date I booked and I didn’t check to see if I could have booked anything earlier since DS’s Thanksgiving Break begins on 11/27. So I may have very well have been able to move the 12/3 to 11/23 or something but I didn’t try since I knew I needed 11/27.

Those are my exact dates. I’ve got CBR Pirate room but want a 5 person room. Nothing except for 1 or 2 very expensive 1-br units. However, yesterday, I clicked through one of those and when I backed out, a few more showed up including ASMo. I’ve got the 45 package cancel date on my calendar so i can look even more obsessively. Make sure to click around.

I appreciate you trying to help me with this!!! I just don't think either of us are targeted. I've already had the card but was hoping to get it for my dh. I refuse to apply for a measly 30k though so I'll hold out until he is targeted :D
Bummer! Yes 30k Miles is a joke!
When you are clicking around on the delta site keep you eyes peeled for it popping up!
I don't have the email yet, hopefully soon. I've been obsessively checking my DL account and my email after my call with customer service last night, and sometime between parent-teacher conferences and the nap I took on my son's floor putting him to bed, the travel documents were updated. 🤣 I feel more confident that it is being processed smoothly, even though it's still in process.
Yes the travel docs update - I checked obsessively too. I was just under 24 hours and the email came from Disney, never got one from Delta. When I canceled the travel docs were updated with the link code for me tickets for MDE
Yes me! Less than 24 hours but no insurance bought!
GF is available for Dec 12-16 but not Dec 11-15 and since I need to book different dates than I plan to use the travel voucher on (dec 12-16), I booked CR since the price was closest to the GF. Maybe I haven't done this right but it was all I could figure out based on the reading I've been able to do the last few days.
No sounds just about right. Good plan.

So my first reservation I canceled at just under 24 hours. I waited until I got my Disney tix and then canceled. Since your not waiting on anything it shouldn’t matter. I bought the insurance too. I cant say for sure it was processed to a voucher since I haven’t received it yet, but that’s my assumption. When I canceled and the points were refunded they were back in a few hours. I may call to see if they’ll refund the insurance since I cancelled in the window. What does it say when you click on cancel? If the cancellation fee is what you paid for insurance I think you’re good to go. If it says $0 under cancellation fee they’ll probably refund your points. It still is unknown for sure so I’d hate to steer you wrong. If they do refund the points it would probably be today so you would know to rebook and try again -but again don’t know for sure. I’m sorry!

What i would probably do too is go ahead and place a hold on the reservation you want. You would have to put some down on your credit card though by tomorrow but if your afraid you’ll lose the rooms you want might be worth it. I think you’d have to shell out around $500

With those dates I would book a refundable off site now. Pop Warner starts on the 6th and that time in Dec has been plagued with no availability since early summer.

:offtopic: Shoutout to @afan who saved my morning! Sitting at the airport today (off to see my Bestie in Palm Springs!) and I realized I forgot my Bonine. I need my motion sickness meds & that’s the only drug that works on me. Before @afan told my there is a Dramamine with the same ingredient I would have ignored the Dramamine branded stuff and panicked at the lack of Bonine at the airport shop- but not today & they had that Dramamine with Meclizine in stock. THANK YOU!!!

With those dates I would book a refundable off site now. Pop Warner starts on the 6th and that time in Dec has been plagued with no availability since early summer.

Yes it is the weekend Rise of Resistance opens too. If Delta wasn’t such a huge pain cancellation wise I would probably cancel the trip. But trip for 5 of us is booked with 2 different companion certificates and one ticket on miles. So not really worth it. It is an example of why I am all over this Delta Vacation deal though! Flying 5 of us is exhausting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter