I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok looks like I can, but don't know what offer they will get until they click through.

When I click the refer a friend button I get "Each friend can earn 30,000 bonus miles after they use their new Card to make $1,000 in purchases within the first 3 months and a $50 statement credit after they make a Delta purchase with their new Gold Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card within the first 3 months of Card Membership.Your friend will be able to choose from a variety of American Express Personal and Business Card offers. You can receive your referral bonus no matter what Card your friend is approved for. "

There just were some elevated offers on Delta cards so I will probably wait and see if they come back. It looks like the AF on the Platinum is increasing at the end of January so there is a deadline I would want to beat.

You can still pull up the elevated offer. There’s a support link on Dischurners that still works.

Not sure why some can generate the elevated offer and others cannot. My new Delta Gold Biz doesn’t get it either.

Any recommendations for a new card? I have our property tax payment coming up this month (over $10,000.00), so can easily fulfill a high MSR. Not sure if I want to try for the platicorn since I am not certain I could use all the benefits (could use the Uber credit a few times / year and for sure the Saks credit, after that nothing stands out to me). I am currently 3/24 with the Hyatt Chase card dropping off in July, 2020 and 4/12 with AmEx. I looked at the other AmEx business cards and nothing stands out to me there (I am locked out of the new gold card because I had a gold card over 5 years ago).

Is it worth going after another Chase business card? I was thinking of starting a MR stash. Thoughts? I'm not even certain if the RAT has locked me out of new cards since I only use 2 of my 4 AmEx cards.

If you’re paying property tax, you may want to steer away from AMEX. I still haven’t gotten my Delta points from 5 months ago. They keep telling me my property taxes didn’t count towards MSR even though it’s clear from the list they’ve given me that they do count. Maybe it’s a co-brander issue and you’ll be fine with MRs, but you may also want to lean towards Chase with a property tax payment if all else is equal.

Ok, here is my sad comparison of the three backpacks I purchased from Amazon to try out.

AmazonBasics: https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Carry-Travel-Backpack-Black/dp/B079L8DHGH

Professional Slim: https://www.amazon.com/eBags-Profes...words=professional+slim&qid=1572807650&sr=8-2
Professional Flight: https://www.amazon.com/eBags-Profes...ssional+flight+backpack&qid=1572807667&sr=8-1

Screen Shot 2019-11-03 at 1.54.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-03 at 1.55.18 PM.png

Capacity: Both the AmazonBasics and Professional Slim seem too thin for what I pack. The Professional Flight seemed to be a nice happy medium. It could retain it's thinner size if I didn't pack it full, but it could also get a lot bigger if I needed to cram stuff in. The AmazonBasics and the Professional Flight both have a traditional "U" zipper whereas the Professional Slim has an "L" zipper. I honestly think the "L" would drive me nuts. The AmazonBasics drink sleeve is very tiny. The ProfessionalSlim's sleeve is also small, but expands very easily. The Professional Flight has two spaces for drinks with ample room. Winner Professional Flight

Ease of transportation:
The AmazonBasics valet sleeve is completely useless to me and did not work like pictured on the website. My peasant carry-on's (Costco Samsonite) handle is not long enough to accommodate the overall height of the backpack. The Ebags valet sleeve is on the side and worked great with my current carry-on. I could also glide it easily on both a hard surface and carpeting. Winner Professional Slim/Professional Flight

Overall aesthetic:
The AmazonBasics actually looked much nicer than I expected. I also love all the color options and it would be easy to distinguish your bag amongst others in an airport or if you were to purchase multiple for your family/travel group. The Professional Slim looks very sleek, but comes in a limited amount of colors (black, blue, green, and gray). The Professional Flight looks bulkier and only comes in two colors (black and gray). Winner AmazonBasics

My primary reason for buying a new backpack was ease of transportation. Coupling that with capacity, the Professional Flight is what I decided I will reorder. It fits JetBlue's personal item requirements and is a tad wider than United's. I've used my current backpack on United multiple times with no problem so I am hoping as long as the bag isn't fully stuffed there will be no questions. The bag is currently $89.99 from Ebags so I just have to figure out what else I should add to my order to get to $125 for the Amex offer. Packing cubes??? 🤣

Screen Shot 2019-11-03 at 1.56.28 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-03 at 1.57.14 PM.png

Last edited:
I looked at it like this when we went... but this is your pricing for your date

$192 per adult for 11 hours, no food, for 1 day p2p ticket (forgot to check kids price)
$185 per person for 7.5 hours including food, 4.5 hours should be low crowds.

One thing I like about your date is both parks close at 8pm. I think that would help split the event crowd. When we went islands closed at 7 and studios at 9. It really seemed to put most people on the same path starting in islands since it closed earlier. We did have until 130am but they have to close certain rides by midnight... gringotts, RRR, hulk, fast and furious, and transformers closed. Mummy closed for an hour (10 to 11). Also food started 1 hr after park close and food from QS places ended at midnight.

For our experience...
Pros
Some rides were walk ons
Free food
Less time in heat if it's hot out

Cons
Crowd moved together a lot
Rides not being run as efficiently during the day made wait times longer on some
Food places were mobbed/slow... I think part was the parks closing at different times, so islands got swamped at 8 and studios at 10. We ate at a QS place last month on a normal day that we had eaten at during our event and the line was just as long but it took maybe a quarter of a time to get through on the regular day, the event lines were sooo slow.
We had a planning mistake which meant we didnt get to use our dining card, which subtracted some from the value for me but that was on us.
We tried to use our dining card for a drink from a cart before islands closed but they wouldnt let us get in the line 10min before closing :confused3 that was frustrating because there were 2 people in line, 10 to 15min out and all we wanted were bottled drinks but we couldn't get in line...

Take with a grain of salt as weve almost always had EP when weve gone... this led to DH saying he would rather just pay for EP or a hotel with it. That's not a straight comparison obviously bc that's on top of ticket prices. I think it could be good value especially with the parks closing at the same time and earlier. I'd maybe go again. And things may have changed since we went back in April, since they will have done several more of them for OI before the UCT one.
Thanks for enabling. Lol. We would get in at 2ish. Thinking of HRH club level which sounds good even without party tickets. I could cover tickets and hotel most of the way with one CIP SUB :rolleyes1 And it would be a great surprise for DS. We’ve only been once and did have EP, stayed at RPR, but it was 4+ years ago so DS was too small for so many rides.

If you’re paying property tax, you may want to steer away from AMEX. I still haven’t gotten my Delta points from 5 months ago. They keep telling me my property taxes didn’t count towards MSR even though it’s clear from the list they’ve given me that they do count. Maybe it’s a co-brander issue and you’ll be fine with MRs, but you may also want to lean towards Chase with a property tax payment if all else is equal.
Thank you so much. That's a great point. Chase it is!

I will have to wait until December to pay since I got a new Chase card in September. Not a big deal as they aren't technically due until the end of February (they offer discounts to pay early, so I was trying to capitalize on the discount).

You can still pull up the elevated offer. There’s a support link on Dischurners that still works.

Not sure why some can generate the elevated offer and others cannot. My new Delta Gold Biz doesn’t get it either.
Yeah, after I checked out my support link, I went to Reddit and found a support link that was higher. I don't get why they are different.

I applied myself for the CIP last week using a dischurner support link. Then I referred DH for the CIP, which just showed up in his Chase account today. I will have the spend on both cards met once the cards arrive because we have decided to purchase a new DVC contract for 50 points. I can split the cost of the contract between the two cards. And DVC contracts post a travel expense (know this from previous experience), so we will get 3x points on the purchase. This means that on an almost $10k DVC contract, I will be getting at least $3150 in travel rewards. It seems like a pretty good return to me.

($1600 bonus + $300 spend + $200 referral) x 1.5 for CSR

How do you have free AA Gold status?

I have never flown AA but have free AA gold, I assume from a promotion on my Citi AA biz card. I honestly don't remember. Will try for this match. I do have 3 round trips on SW in next few months, but they are as companion, so am guessing do not count to extend.

Interesting new SWA promotion to get a status match. I have free AA Gold status so I went ahead and sent it in. Free for 90 days plus an opportunity to earn for 12 mos.
https://pointsmilesandmartinis.boar...m_source=BoardingArea&utm_medium=BoardingArea
Thanks for posting this. I'm a United Silver. Not sure whether it's considered "elite," but I tried. Thanks for posting.

Also, I'm so happy--love my new Expert Flyer account. I'm doing a last minute trip to London next week, and I'd found Business Saver awards on United, but they were connecting flights. I put an alert in for the direct flight, and it just came through! I was in the car so it was a stressful phone call, but $100 later, and I have a direct flight to LHR rather than flying through Denver. Yay!!!!

Any recommendations for a new card? I have our property tax payment coming up this month (over $10,000.00), so can easily fulfill a high MSR. Not sure if I want to try for the platicorn since I am not certain I could use all the benefits (could use the Uber credit a few times / year and for sure the Saks credit, after that nothing stands out to me). I am currently 3/24 with the Hyatt Chase card dropping off in July, 2020 and 4/12 with AmEx. I looked at the other AmEx business cards and nothing stands out to me there (I am locked out of the new gold card because I had a gold card over 5 years ago).

Is it worth going after another Chase business card? I was thinking of starting a MR stash. Thoughts? I'm not even certain if the RAT has locked me out of new cards since I only use 2 of my 4 AmEx cards.

I was going to say I'd go for the Platinum card because of the centurion lounges, but it sounds like you want something else. There's the new Green card which gives 3x MRs on travel and dining, and lots of Chase biz options out there. With all that international travel you do, you might want the lounge access (I'm assuming you already have GE). Another thing we found useful is that, when not booking on points, booking a hotel through FHR has given us great breakfasts and a few other perks.

I was going to say I'd go for the Platinum card because of the centurion lounges, but it sounds like you want something else. There's the new Green card which gives 3x MRs on travel and dining, and lots of Chase biz options out there. With all that international travel you do, you might want the lounge access (I'm assuming you already have GE). Another thing we found useful is that, when not booking on points, booking a hotel through FHR has given us great breakfasts and a few other perks.
I feel like I'm leaning towards the platicorn. I'm wondering how I check that a property tax payment will be acceptable for the MSR. I have a fairly large travel payment to finish off in February that would take care of the MSR, but it might be too late in February if I apply now. But if I apply now I get the $50.00 Saks credit for this year and twice next year. So there's that.

I feel like I'm leaning towards the platicorn. I'm wondering how I check that a property tax payment will be acceptable for the MSR. I have a fairly large travel payment to finish off in February that would take care of the MSR, but it might be too late in February if I apply now. But if I apply now I get the $50.00 Saks credit for this year and twice next year. So there's that.

I paid $4,100 in quarterly tax payments on my platinum in August and it triggered my bonus.

I just spent the last 30 minutes enrolling in all benefits Platinum. I must say it was quite fun. LOL! And my Saks cart is already loaded. I say go for it, but I like to give good kids bad ideas 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter