I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck!!! I am hoping for the same at the end of the year, been working 64HR weeks lately (At least OT) but its wearing on me fast. Starting to wonder if the stress is worth it.

Thanks.

The stress isn't worth it, to be honest. I'm salty because I've already been doing this promotion-level work for about 2 years (or more) now and I've had to fight for this. Same story for most folks at their jobs I guess.

In 5 months I will hit the top and final vacation bank threshold so I am looking forward to that.

Thanks.

The stress isn't worth it, to be honest. I'm salty because I've already been doing this promotion-level work for about 2 years (or more) now and I've had to fight for this. Same story for most folks at their jobs I guess.

In 5 months I will hit the top and final vacation bank threshold so I am looking forward to that.
Congrats on the offer! Definitely ask to see if you can get more. If you're already doing the work, it will be nice to get the pay bump!

It was cheaper for me to pull up to the curb and have a Target team member bring out 2 $5 items to me than for me to run into the store and get if off the shelf. How can you lose? :car:
I LOVE Target drive up!! Although they finally started charging the CA mandated $.10/bag last month at my store. Except they automatically charge it and I have to chat to have it reversed and tell them I had refused the bag. Why can’t they program a button like Walmart has that says no bags? I feel like a jerk chatting over a $.10 refund. But c’mon. It’s my $.10!

I LOVE Target drive up!! Although they finally started charging the CA mandated $.10/bag last month at my store. Except they automatically charge it and I have to chat to have it reversed and tell them I had refused the bag. Why can’t they program a button like Walmart has that says no bags? I feel like a jerk chatting over a $.10 refund. But c’mon. It’s my $.10!
Providence implemented no single use plastic bags about a month back so now that city is all paper or reusable bags. If I go in and buy 1 or 2 items, I hit the "brought my own bag" button and save 5 cents and just carry the item(s) out.

I am super pumped that I got a $10 off $50 coupon to Target in the mail today.

My Black Friday laser printer arrived from Walmart today too. For $59 it came with the cartridge too. #shecheap

Last edited:
:wave2:

Checking in (finally) again after a somewhat lengthy absence. Life got in the way between a wedding (I’ve always referred to DH as DH before we made it official after 9 years :)), work (DIS is now restricted grrrr), and a few other family issues.

I had been following along, but just lurking until I could catch up from 200 pages back at one point. Drops and drops make oceans, and now I’ve fibally caught up! Felt like I was living a few days behind everyone else each time I made attempts to catch up...”oh that deal!...5 days ago...” lol.

I fell behind here, but was very much active with CCs and GCs. We had a small wedding, but it still put a nice dent in MSRs and category bonuses (I.e. Thanks Amex for the 4x MR on my Cap Grille bill and the extra +1 MR AND 10% back (capped at $100, but still :D)!)

I got a retention on my Brilliant (20k Marriott points for $2k), then downgraded the card recently. I tried to double dip the $300 credit a la @Lain, but the Courtyard I got my GC at previously no longer had them, and time was ticking as far as my pro-rata AF. I did use up $60 during a recent Philly trip, so got a little value out of it. And, used the TSA credit for mom before downgrading.

Should be time for a retention call for my Rose gold, but that is a keeper regardless. Trying to maximize GC deals this month before a January runDisney trip with mom! It’s her first trip since we were kids! Have also been scooping up restaurant GC deals like @wendow since I know we will use them at the point. But, the wallet is def feeling lighter these last 4 months...
Congratulations!
Disney has suddenly released a TON of info today. - Jan 17th Opening date for BatB singalong, new Canada movie and Awesome Planet film at Epcot
- March 4th opening date for Runaway Railway at DHS
- Mickey Shorts theater at DHS in March 2020
- first look inside Ratatouille ride opening in summer 2020
- 2020 opening for Toy Story Land's Roundup Rodeo
- DuckTales World Showcase Adventure replacing “agent P” hunt
- Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser hotel opening in 2021
Yaaaaaas we arrive March 14! Runaway Railroad, here we come :woohoo:

RIP any Studios FP+ plans lol

He did. He gave up when it all started and wasn't even willing to discuss it, but I asked him try one more time and he managed to do it. I don't know what he did differently (I thought maybe they just stopped asking for it) but I am 100% certain he didn't give them that info. He's big into password and online security and he refused to do that.

I'm not sure what he did, but I know he didn't give it to them. Not only is it something he refused to set (and I mean set in stone refused) but it's also not something one could easily type up since he uses 1Password, and his browser doesn't have that info to auto fill anything. He said it was different than the first time he tried it.

A friend of ours said he didn't give them his log in info either (that's what finally got DH to try again) but he clicked on a link while he was logged in on his AMEX account. You may have to be logged in to do this.

I don't have an MR earning account since DH referred me and they said I already had an account (not true) so I gave up and just use his Rakuten.

So I thought maybe he found the link in the Even More page - which I have a hard time remembering where I found it. I click on every link and one day I thought I was in the Rewards page and found the link to the offers you get on your statements. Anyway, on that page it shows Rakuten as one of the MR earning options.
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/rewards/membership-rewards/earn-more/
However, even if I go through that link while logged in, the 2nd step is "Connect your Membership Rewards account" and presents the AmEx login for me to sign in again. If your DH could remember how he got there, I think many people here would be grateful. :)

I actually kept forgetting to mention it here to check there every now and again. For our cruising fans there's a program for World's Leading Cruise Lines (Carnival, Princess, Holland, Cunard, Seabourn) called Ocean Rewards that could be interesting. Off hand I recall that there's a fee to get the best rewards rates but they have a guarantee for the first year that you'll be able to cash out at least the fee into points to redeem towards your cruise or OBC. So if you were going to spend money on a cruise in the next year anyway, you could bank the whopping 790 MR earned from charging the fee during the promo period (ends 12/30). It's another shopping portal to keep track of so I haven't dug down real deep on the analysis for us.

And to get further off-topic, I'm seeing a targeted 40% transfer bonus for Hilton right now. (special offer that can disappear) It wasn't showing for me before so maybe another round of offers?
Also see the 25% more on TrueBlue (250 = 250) until 12/21 and 30% more on Virgin Atlantic (1000=1300) until 12/28 that I think was mentioned at some point.

Providence implemented no single use plastic bags about a month back so now that city is all paper or reusable bags. If I go in and buy 1 or 2 items, I hit the "brought my own bag" button and save 5 cents and just carry the item(s) out.
Mine is the same in store. It’s just the drive up they didn’t bother programming that option in.

So I thought maybe he found the link in the Even More page - which I have a hard time remembering where I found it. I click on every link and one day I thought I was in the Rewards page and found the link to the offers you get on your statements. Anyway, on that page it shows Rakuten as one of the MR earning options.
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/rewards/membership-rewards/earn-more/
However, even if I go through that link while logged in, the 2nd step is "Connect your Membership Rewards account" and presents the AmEx login for me to sign in again. If your DH could remember how he got there, I think many people here would be grateful. :)

I actually kept forgetting to mention it here to check there every now and again. For our cruising fans there's a program for World's Leading Cruise Lines (Carnival, Princess, Holland, Cunard, Seabourn) called Ocean Rewards that could be interesting. Off hand I recall that there's a fee to get the best rewards rates but they have a guarantee for the first year that you'll be able to cash out at least the fee into points to redeem towards your cruise or OBC. So if you were going to spend money on a cruise in the next year anyway, you could bank the whopping 790 MR earned from charging the fee during the promo period (ends 12/30). It's another shopping portal to keep track of so I haven't dug down real deep on the analysis for us.

And to get further off-topic, I'm seeing a targeted 40% transfer bonus for Hilton right now. (special offer that can disappear) It wasn't showing for me before so maybe another round of offers?
Also see the 25% more on TrueBlue (250 = 250) until 12/21 and 30% more on Virgin Atlantic (1000=1300) until 12/28 that I think was mentioned at some point.

Yes, I think that's it. And I think he linked it, but didn't give his password, but I don't know more than that. DH has "issues" right now, (job problems, working late, his DM in the hospital again) so I'm not getting much help with points at the moment). I do know that it was the link on the AMEX page and he was either logged in or had to log in, but didn't fill out a form with his log in info. I don't fully understand, but he felt like it wasn't the same thing in terms of security risks. It helped that my friend's DH was talking one evening about how he was raking in the MRs through Rakuten and we knew we would be spending a lot in December. I'm sorry I can't be more specific, but it was a couple months ago.

Just got a FedEx Home Delivery notification my package will be delivered this Sunday. Is that new? I don't recall FedEx doing Sunday delivery last year. I knew USPS is doing it already for the holiday rush...

How fast are people getting Chase cards in the mail now-a-days? I should know this just getting a card not that long ago but was approved last night for a new SW card and was really hoping to have it by Saturday but thinking that might not be realistic...

I see a 20 off 100 for same day delivery using Shipt. Is that it?
No, it's a 20% off a single purchase in store or online as a thank you for shopping at Target on Black Friday. From the responses on the thread it might be a targeted offer?

I haven't used Target Circle either. I figured my red card was where the savings were at. Maybe I should be looking into it now?
Use both!

Well for those who remember my work drama... I got my promotion today. Well, they made an offer. I haven't accepted it yet, but I will after I try to negotiate a little more. I'm still ticked off about everything. Merry Christmas, fa la la, lol.
Congrats on the offer! Good luck on your negotiation!

Ahhh I do have the coupon then. So we don’t know if we can use this on the gc deal right?
I'd say it's highly unlikely but you never know.

How fast are people getting Chase cards in the mail now-a-days? I should know this just getting a card not that long ago but was approved last night for a new SW card and was really hoping to have it by Saturday but thinking that might not be realistic...
I’m happy if it arrives in 5-6 days. 7-9 seems average and 10 or over gets me worried and I call.

I just signed up for ESPN+! :yay: I didn't realize until a few weeks ago that I'd be missing quite a few KU basketball games without it. I was able to stack an Amex $10 offer with Rakuten $7.50, so $32.50 for a full year seems very reasonable to me. I'm holding out on Disney+ for now. I have the tv on in the background a lot but don't spend a lot of time sitting down to watch shows/movies so I just don't think it'd be worth it. Maybe one of these days...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter