I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh silent night...

aHlp15w.png

May all your Christmases be bright!

Merry Christmas from my family to my DISchurners family.

Why? Imho too much potential for the game to change so nothing is to be gained by waiting.
You’re probably right. I need some Marriott points for my upcoming trip to Europe. After that we won’t be doing much traveling over the next couple of years except WDW and a Caribbean cruise or two. My plan was a CIP I can always use Hyatt points for the Hyatt regency at MCO and then the Chase Marriott. Making the MSRs at Chase and keeping spend on my Amex could be a challenge.

Can we talk about our travel plans next year? I have booked so far: Miami, Las Vegas, Central Europe (that's the big one). I'm looking to see if I can get a week in Italy over Thanksgiving next year. My plan is at least one getaway (around a weekend) every month. I've got the points. I'm planning to use them all up!

Can we talk about our travel plans next year? I have booked so far: Miami, Las Vegas, Central Europe (that's the big one). I'm looking to see if I can get a week in Italy over Thanksgiving next year. My plan is at least one getaway (around a weekend) every month. I've got the points. I'm planning to use them all up!

Current plans for 2020-

Jan-ring in the New Year on the Dream (somewhere near the Bahamas)
Feb/Mar-Australia/NZ cruise on Viking Orion
April-home all month (right now)
May-Boston
June-home
July-Scotland (Isle of Skye, Isle of Mull, Isle of Harris), Slovenia and Croatia
Aug-Baltic cruise on the Magic
Sept/Oct-home
Nov -WDW and Boston
Dec-home

Merry Christmas and Happy Chanukah everyone!

Last edited:
My current plans:
Jan- Orlando
Feb- Orlando
Mar- Orlando and RCCL cruise
Apr- Phoenix (visit SIL)
May-Hersheypark maybe?
June- ?
July- ?
end of July/Aug- Australia!!! (This is our big one!)
Sept-Dec- ?
probably back to Punta Cana in Dec for Christmas though

Feb: ?? 7 days Orlando to get out of the cold
April 19-26 SSR Disney: last of APs
June 10 days Wis Dells
Aug 10 days Wis Dells
Sept 7 days ? Hyatt resort Bonita Springs FL or Lakeshore Reserve Orlando
Dec 7-14 days not planned yet but hopefully family vacation.
Hoping to decide on a national park to bring DGD to some time in the fall.

2020 - August/Sept. - Copenhagen, DCL to Norway, Iceland and Scotland (Orkney this time), and a few days in Paris.

That's all for now. I may or may not add in a few smaller trips, but I'm kind of enjoying being home these days and those long trips take a lot of planning. Unfortunately, DH has aging parents, so lately there have been last minute trips due to illness and such, so I try to keep time and points and funds available for this stuff.

2020 - August/Sept. - Copenhagen, DCL to Norway, Iceland and Scotland (Orkney this time), and a few days in Paris.

That's all for now. I may or may not add in a few smaller trips, but I'm kind of enjoying being home these days and those long trips take a lot of planning. Unfortunately, DH has aging parents, so lately there have been last minute trips due to illness and such, so I try to keep time and points and funds available for this stuff.
I'm sorry about your in laws. A lot of my weekend trips will be in law related, but I try to combine them with something fun.

Merry Christmas everyone! I've just spent the last hour waiting at my gate at MCO catching up with what I missed on this thread (30+ pages!) while at WDW and at the folks' house. We had a great whirlwind trip 12/20-22 (we hit 4 parks in one day on 12/21 like crazy people), and then great family time. Now, back to reality....

Thank you so much to everyone, especially @calypso726 , @CaliforniaGirl09 , and @HaleyR for all your help with the ANA booking stuff!

We "have to" fly out first class (where did all the business class seats go??? my goodness) on November 15 (that was unexpected, as it's a weekend) and right now the return is November 18 so I just need to keep an eye on that.

I had the saved post from reddit (detailed walkthrough) handy and it went exactly as that post said it would. The transfer from Chase to Virgin was instantaneous and I called Virgin back about 2 minutes after my initial phone call, paid my "extra" fees (goodness that's a lot in fees) and off I go. And yes they mentioned the $50 change fee so I'll plan for that in a week or two.

Woo Hoo!!! COngrat! They have the best jammies!!

Anyone else utilize Amex Fine Hotel and Resorts? I see that the same hotel for the same date is much cheaper through Amex than Chase Luxury Hotel Collection.... anyone know why?

No idea why but I've noticed it a time or two. We've only used it few times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter