I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered one $50 gift card at Sam's online to use my 15 off 30 offer. It says will receive egift card within 48 hours. I want to grab it and apply to my small dues balance asap as I feel just a bit wary of egift cards because of reports of some not being activated, etc. Or maybe I'm just imagining this?

No way could I pass up 34% off a card though. (I always buy the lowest denomination as there are usually more offers to come.)

Will do the AU offer when we switch memberships next month. Just figured out I can refer my daughter and get $10 from Sam's. Will use the 25 off 45 online offer on her card. If my referral is on record, will this sign up trigger it? I guess I'll have to wait and see.

I don't think too many people here have a CO Venture card, but thought I'd share something interesting. They recently made support links available on the card and it said you would get $100 for each link used. I just assumed it meant $100 in points, but it's actually a $100 statement credit! It also posted within 24 hours of the person using my link. I'm actually kind of glad to have the statement credit because our balance is high on that card this month since we put an $1800 charge on it related to DH's new car.
I just got this card for DH and was looking forward to cross supporting to me, but as of now no support link for him. @gottalovepluto even tried to help, but it just looks like he isn't able to at this time. I'm hoping he will be able to soon and I can get one. I am liking the card though! If I got the card, I'd have enough rewards to buy Disneyland tickets for 3 :-)

I have used all of my $75 credit on the $5.60 taxes and fees. I think you can buy a gift card, seems like maybe @amalone1013 may have done that? I think some people may even be buying a refundable ticket and cancelling it after the $75 credits if you can't think of anything else.
I did a gift card, I might do that again...

Don’t think anyone has mentioned this but if you look at the more details in UR it should show if you have the 80k pending. Mine disappeared for two days and then showed them pending. It might not have been a full 2 days as I didn’t check it for a day.
I just checked. It's still gone but hopefully you're right and it shows up again.

I just got this card for DH and was looking forward to cross supporting to me, but as of now no support link for him. @gottalovepluto even tried to help, but it just looks like he isn't able to at this time. I'm hoping he will be able to soon and I can get one. I am liking the card though! If I got the card, I'd have enough rewards to buy Disneyland tickets for 3 :-)

That's weird, I hope it shows up for you soon. They started the support links about a month after I got the card and it showed up right away. I do like the card, I think it's a great value considering the GE/Precheck credit too. I'm buying Universal tickets on UT soon and using the eraser feature for the first time.

Thanks for the info!! Other than Acadia I haven't really planned this trip. I have no idea what we will do in New Hampshire, but it was too close not to do something and cross another state off of our list. I've even considered going to Vermont to hit another state since I don't know when we would be back but I'm not sure if that will be too much driving for a one week vacation.
I love NH! If you want something easy that doesn't cost too much, you could drive along the kancamagus highway. There are many stops for just beautiful scenic views or easy to get to waterfalls.

Thanks for the info!! Other than Acadia I haven't really planned this trip. I have no idea what we will do in New Hampshire, but it was too close not to do something and cross another state off of our list. I've even considered going to Vermont to hit another state since I don't know when we would be back but I'm not sure if that will be too much driving for a one week vacation.
We did a week too and only made it to Maine, New Hampshire and Boston. Spent the last day in Boston walking the freedom trail.

In case you didn't already figure out, when I said White Mountain, I really meant Mt Washington. Don't know what I was thinking when I typed that. Mountain range vs one specific peak... possibly sugar coma from all the candy/cookies/baked items from Christmas.

More unsolicited advice: If you are into tide pooling or just think it is cool to walk across a sand bar, check out Bar Island https://www.mainetrailfinder.com/trails/trail/acadia-national-park-bar-island. At low tide, you can walk across this sand bar to a small island. We spent a bunch of time looking at the ocean edges in tide pools. Tide chart

That's weird, I hope it shows up for you soon. They started the support links about a month after I got the card and it showed up right away. I do like the card, I think it's a great value considering the GE/Precheck credit too. I'm buying Universal tickets on UT soon and using the eraser feature for the first time.
Thanks, although you might not want to hope too much, no support for DH would mean a support for you :-) I'll probably give it another month or so. I need one more card to be able to get GE for everyone in my family of five.

Never Forget... how much you hate BoA... one of my churning idioms!
My grandfather had the exact same business idiom and my family took it to heart... I tried to ignore it and get a BoA cc but obviously BoA just slapped me in the face and went along it’s merry way.

Although I have gotten a couple bank bonuses from them *evil laughter*

Here is my PSA for today. I had an AMEX gift card I got for a gift from an old boss for Christmas 2015 or 2016. It says funds never expire, and the expiration date on the card is 2024. I went to check the balance today and was told the card needs to be replaced. So I called and because it hadn't had use yet, the funds were given to the state, and only the person who bought the card can get the funds now. So much for funds never expire.

My grandfather had the exact same business idiom and my family took it to heart... I tried to ignore it and get a BoA cc but obviously BoA just slapped me in the face and went along it’s merry way.

Although I have gotten a couple bank bonuses from them *evil laughter*
That is so BoA of them to hold a grudge against an entire family!!!

This seems like such a newbie question, but oh well. I am new to MRs and don't have a specific redemption in mind for them. I have even considered Home Depot gift cards! I know that the best redemption is often transferring to airlines, but what about just redeeming them for travel on their portal? I'm specifically looking at cruises. Are they just worth 1% or is there a multiplier at all like the 1.25 and 1.5 with Chase? Thanks!

Thanks, although you might not want to hope too much, no support for DH would mean a support for you :-) I'll probably give it another month or so. I need one more card to be able to get GE for everyone in my family of five.

Ha! Well, that would certainly be nice of you, though I definitely hope your link shows up soon!

Here is my PSA for today. I had an AMEX gift card I got for a gift from an old boss for Christmas 2015 or 2016. It says funds never expire, and the expiration date on the card is 2024. I went to check the balance today and was told the card needs to be replaced. So I called and because it hadn't had use yet, the funds were given to the state, and only the person who bought the card can get the funds now. So much for funds never expire.

WTH? That seems really messed up...

Also, I remembered that I forgot to use DH's CSR travel credit so I did that Monday and it's been refunded today, whoo hoo! Now to convince DH to PC once the AF posts (he's resisted the past 3 years, lol).
as far as PC'ing the CSR, I wouldn't be able to do this if I'm currently holding a res. that I booked thru the portal,right? (since I booked with the better CSR price point) This is what always holds me back from doing this, I always seem to have something booked

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter