I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really... I thought they all had to be in the hospitality trade. So, how does that work. Do they just take a semester off from school to do this? Not sure if this would work with Nursing Program as I think they all have to take certain classes together the last 2 years and then she would be behind.... May have to study up on this. She would love this... Do they do Summer schedules at all?
Summer-only isn't an option except for alumni. Is she already in the actual nursing program? If not, she could do it during the first few semesters. My DD is taking an online class now and in summer so she can stay on track. She did summer classes this past year and will probably always do that. She will graduate on time.
It wouldn't work once your DD starts nursing clinicals, so she'd need to do it early on in her college career. My dd is a sophomore this year.

I love my rose gold Amex but I swear my chick fil a is terrible at fulfilling Grubhub pickup orders. They are so incredibly slow! This is what I get for being to cheap to pay for delivery:)

Why do you need two sets of magicbands? As a local I'm always confused on why people get new ones every trip. Seems so wasteful. Just curious on what everyone does with them all and why people don't opt out of getting another set when they already have ones.
So I can dress them up with custom-made decals, monograms & bows.

They live in a popcorn bucket when not in use.

RVrEqhW.jpg

I still cannot believe this thread has blown up like it did!!!

As much as I came here a couple of years ago for working points for $$$$ tickets to Asia, I’m here now to hang my head in shame, I’ve fallen so far lol.

Due to family circumstances, my upcoming Asia trip was up in the air for quite awhile and by the time we solidified things it is now way too late (trip is in a couple months) for any new cards or to even find saver fares. I’m having to pay for tickets :eek::faint:

So I guess, learn from me and remember that the points game for plane tickets takes advanced planning for routes and points moving and saver fares! Don’t be like me this time!

As much as I came here a couple of years ago for working points for $$$$ tickets to Asia, I’m here now to hang my head in shame, I’ve fallen so far lol.

Due to family circumstances, my upcoming Asia trip was up in the air for quite awhile and by the time we solidified things it is now way too late (trip is in a couple months) for any new cards or to even find saver fares. I’m having to pay for tickets :eek::faint:

So I guess, learn from me and remember that the points game for plane tickets takes advanced planning for routes and points moving and saver fares! Don’t be like me this time!
The OG!!!

@Lain @SouthFayetteFan are there any implications that you are aware of if I apply for an EIN for my (legit) business (wondering if the IRS can track an EIN to my SSN and inquire about business revenue)? Not sure I'd want to tell our accountant that I applied for an EIN to get a UR bonus (he would not understand). My business does have my name in it. For example, Jane Doe Business Services. Does that make a difference? I am wondering if it would trigger anything at Chase if I applied for a second CIP. They gave me such a hard time with the first application (I had to show check stubs for my business and produce a Fictitious name certificate) that I'm not sure I want to go through that again.

Would love to apply for the CIP again lol.

Upside, use it to meet a minimum spend?

I'm not sure why but it really hurts to pay cash for something big that you could do on points instead, even if it's in the budget and you can do it. But hey, it's still a family trip that you can take at all and I'm sure you'll enjoy it :)

Summer-only isn't an option except for alumni. Is she already in the actual nursing program? If not, she could do it during the first few semesters. My DD is taking an online class now and in summer so she can stay on track. She did summer classes this past year and will probably always do that. She will graduate on time.
It wouldn't work once your DD starts nursing clinicals, so she'd need to do it early on in her college career. My dd is a sophomore this year.

No. She is just going to be starting college in th fall. Will have to check with her college to see how this would work. So taking online and summer classes for generals so you don’t fall behind and possibly getting credit for DCP as well? She could definitely take some classes at our local community college as they all transfer to the state college.

@Lain @SouthFayetteFan are there any implications that you are aware of if I apply for an EIN for my (legit) business (wondering if the IRS can track an EIN to my SSN and inquire about business revenue)? Not sure I'd want to tell our accountant that I applied for an EIN to get a UR bonus (he would not understand). My business does have my name in it. For example, Jane Doe Business Services. Does that make a difference? I am wondering if it would trigger anything at Chase if I applied for a second CIP. They gave me such a hard time with the first application (I had to show check stubs for my business and produce a Fictitious name certificate) that I'm not sure I want to go through that again.

Would love to apply for the CIP again lol.
I can't think of any issues you'd run into...This is what a lot of people are doing in the game.

A legend is among us!!!! :worship::worship::worship:

Seriously - ALL of us here are so thankful you started this thread. I wish I could like your comment a thousand times! The friendships here are amazing, we've helped so many people travel for free, and it's all because we came together on here thanks to you "loving credit cards"!! I would have had SO many boring days at work if not for this thread! Thanks for jumping in here!!!

Upside, use it to meet a minimum spend?

I'm not sure why but it really hurts to pay cash for something big that you could do on points instead, even if it's in the budget and you can do it. But hey, it's still a family trip that you can take at all and I'm sure you'll enjoy it :)

It hurts so bad, because the tickets are just so dang expensive. I probably should do some research and pick a few new cards and use it for minimum spend.

We might be able to scrape together the insane amount of points for a non-saver ticket as at least then we’d only be paying one ticket.

That was the only meal I wish we'd cancelled on our honeymoon trip... but DH still thinks it was great.

I remember you trying to get him to change that!

That's what I'm afraid of. Then I see the reviews where things have changed over there and now it is a great place to go.... (how can you mess up Italian??)

Well maybe it has gotten better. It was just super lackluster for us. I’ve gotten better service at an Applebee’s... lol.

I'm behind....like SO behind. But I want to jump into this part of the conversation because I have expertise for once! I'm entering my 11th tax season and I can count on one hand the times I've seen separate be advantageous over filing together (if legally married and you have the option to file jointly). Any good software/accountant will compare MFJ vs MFS and determine which is better.

Haha, well, add an extra finger! :rotfl2: I am on the public service loan forgiveness program for my student loans and am more than a third of my way through my qualifying payments. If my husband and I don’t file our taxes separately, my monthly student loan payment would be $1200... we made the mistake of filing our taxes jointly the first year we were married. My payment was only $1000 a month then and I literally didn’t think we were going to survive the year financially.

Really... I thought they all had to be in the hospitality trade. So, how does that work. Do they just take a semester off from school to do this? Not sure if this would work with Nursing Program as I think they all have to take certain classes together the last 2 years and then she would be behind.... May have to study up on this. She would love this... Do they do Summer schedules at all?

You cannot do JUST summer but you can do the Spring Advantage which is from Jan-Aug or the Fall Advantage which would be June-early Jan. Or you can just do spring or fall.

My dd will be going into nursing and hopes to do the DCP. Like @disneymagicgirl said, major doesn't matter at all! It's a good experience no matter where they are going in life. The hard thing for nursing students is it does need to be done very early on and in general, Disney prefers the older CP's (just for liability issues as well as more maturity). However, there are younger ones who get accepted so it's not impossible. It's also common to not get accepted the first time you apply so, if your dd does want to do it, make sure she gives herself the time to apply more than once if she needs to.

No. She is just going to be starting college in th fall. Will have to check with her college to see how this would work. So taking online and summer classes for generals so you don’t fall behind and possibly getting credit for DCP as well? She could definitely take some classes at our local community college as they all transfer to the state college.
You rarely can get any credit for DCP :( You can take online classes though. My dd is getting her basics out of the way at a community college anyway. It won't be anything for her to take an online class while in the CP. I don't think more than one as some kids work a TON of hours but maybe your dd could handle more??

Btw, the apps for the fall open tomorrow....!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know if Thermoflex requires a heatpress, but I know it's highly recommended. I love my heatpress.
Do you have a real heat press? I would think of upgrading once we have our own place, but right now the cricut easy press I got is miles better than the iron I was trying to use

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter