I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think mine is too. I applied in early March 2018. I'll probably cancel since they won't let me use my certificate for my Chicago stay.
I just got My AF posted it's $95...... I *may* keep mine,and cancel Dh's which will post in a another few months..... I'm debating this furiously in my head right now

Thanks to DoC for pointing out this article - Marriott Launches ‘Dial 0 for Lip Service’ Campaign

Um, does no one there look up the definition of words or phrases before starting things? Like "Lip Service" or maybe "Irony"? As a company actively engaged in Lip Service (which, BTW, not a good thing Marriott, just in case you were confused) I can't imagine how anyone with half a brain approved this campaign. I guess it's now been fully confirmed; the only ones left at Marriott are the Pointy Haired Bosses. :sad2:

Beggars belief. Although I suppose 'Lip Service' is a step up from the 'No Service' or 'Rude Service' that marriott customer service has been offering lately.

I just booked our trip for Memorial Day weekend. Three nights at Grand Floridian using passholder rate of $422 a night. Flights PHL to MCO using gift cards from Amex and Citi travel credits flying out on Thursday May 23. We arrive late so one night at Hyatt Place MCO using 8,000 points transferred from chase. No ticket costs since we are pass holders. Flying out Monday May 27th using JetBlue travel credits and points. We’ve done food and wine already and so excited to do Flower and Garden.
ok I'm doing something similiar in June:cool1: I need a night at Hyatt first too, I booked the in airport option bc we have a toddler with a carseat to haul around, but it's 12k instead of 8k..... I'd LOVE to hear the pros/cons of both of these choices for a quick nights stay- (my thoughts were simpler=better with a toddler,and I wanted to hop on ME in the morning without a lot of hassle) ...and Im thinking (reading the transportation threads) I can book ME for the next morning without any fuss,right?

I swear I'm in a void on Amex offers lately: https://www.doctorofcredit.com/amex-offers-marriott-bonvoy-spend-200-get-40-back/

I could use this one next week and didn't get it on any of my cards. I haven't gotten any of the cell phone or satellite offers recently, or gas, or anything else remotely useful :sad2:

Yep, just checked all my cards and nada. I'm hoping it'll pop up on my Bonvoy cards later.

Kicking myself a bit over another Amex Offers snafu. I had the offer for up to $15 back on cell phone bills on several of my cards, but not on my Bonvoy Biz or Hilton Biz that would've earned extra spending bonus on it, so I waited hoping it would appear on either card. That offer is now gone from all my cards, likely fully claimed. I have to keep telling myself it was only $15.

I swear I'm in a void on Amex offers lately: https://www.doctorofcredit.com/amex-offers-marriott-bonvoy-spend-200-get-40-back/

I could use this one next week and didn't get it on any of my cards. I haven't gotten any of the cell phone or satellite offers recently, or gas, or anything else remotely useful :sad2:

I just checked and got it on my MR cards (ED, BBP) but not the SPG ones. Maybe they'll roll out a second wave but that's usually a couple weeks apart, so probably miss it for this stay. That sucks.

Question for folks with upgrade offers on your Amex Hilton and SPG/Bonvoy cards.

If you got an upgrade offer for a lower end card, for example the Hilton Ascend or the personal SPG/Bonvoy, to upgrade to the high end card, like the Hilton Aspire or SPG Lux/Bonvoy Brilliant, when you already have the high end card, did you have the lower end card and higher end card on the same Amex login?

I'm hoping for an upgrade offer on the personal SPG/Bonvoy to the Bonvoy Brilliant. But I already have the Bonvoy Brilliant, and it's on the same login as the personal SPG/Bonvoy (I have all my Bonvoy cards on the same login). Will that hurt my chances/preclude me from getting an upgrade offer on the personal SPG/Bonvoy? If so, should I remove the personal SPG/Bonvoy from my "Bonvoy login" and set up a separate login for it?

Presumably this is for the Aspire, which in itself is a great card - in addition to what you listed, it also includes a $250 annual airline credit, $250 Hilton resort credit, free weekend night 6-8 weeks after account opening, and free weekend night 6-8 weeks after account anniversary. It's a fantastic deal even with the very high AF.

That being said, I'm guessing you've never had the Aspire before, in which case you do NOT want to take this offer. Amex bonuses are once per lifetime, so it's more advantageous to sign up for the Aspire by itself, then upgrade the Hilton CC so you can get the bonus twice. The upgrade offer does not include the lifetime language found in regular CC application terms.
Thnaks! Yes it is, and No we haven't had it yet. I might have problems spending a $250 airline credit tho,since my travel goals are 'free to cheap' I don't do upgrades or pay for ebci etc. I also use points on swa bc of the changeability,so not sure a swa gc (if it works on that) would work well for me either. But food for thought

Are you sure it’s not April 22nd? That would be too close for it to be due a few days after posting. I do remember the biz cards being weird about pending things disappearing.
it's March 22:scared: and it shows as posting on the 18th except it wasn't there UNTIL the 22nd! Urgg I'm gonna have to have DH call in if they charge a fee on this (it's not a tiny amount) since I would have PIF on that date if it had been there (I PIF when I posted this earlier today!) This is what I get for trying to maximize my points rewards for spending on something.... (the other day DH actually said "you bought a new couch just to get some points?" UGH. I had to explain again that we needed the couch anyway,I was just trying to get points for the purchase we were making!) that's a big difference IMHO...... so if I make him call in this should be fun...:rolleyes:

Yes that's normal. Actually charges can only stay pending for so long so even on a personal card it probably would have disappeared with that length of time.

If it just posted on 3/18 then it's on your current statement which isn't due yet. The 3/22 due date is for all charges on the previous statement.
Ok.... (I always get confused and thus pay early) so my 'pay by' date was 3/22- on that day I had nothing due. Then this charge appears as 3/18 and the balance is sitting there with payment due date of 3/22.... I'd assume this means they see it charged before the 22,and overdue now..... at any rate, it's paid now and I'll see if they charge a late fee.

If you haven't paid your 2nd year AF yet, then you should still pay the $95 even if it renews after 3/28 as that's what's listed on your card agreement. For people outside of the 2nd year, folks on 3/27 get a present of another year of $95, folks renewing on 3/28 and after get the $125.

That's what's happening to new applicants who apply before 3/28 under the waived AF offer - waived for 2019, on renewal in 2020 pay $95, then by 3/28/2021 $125. Everyone is on the $125 fee by that date.

I haven't paid my first year annual fee yet. It won't be due until my year ends July of 2019. I expect to pay $95. I guess I'll be on the hook for $125 in 2020.

I figured out how to do the pickup for Grub Hub for the Rose Gold $10 off today, but is there a way to do that through UberEats on the Plat? I'm guessing no, since that's the whole reason Uber exists, but I think I read something about it here. Anyone know if it's possible, and if so, can you tell me how to do it please? $15 doesn't go far here when we factor in the delivery fee.

Can you share that with me? I'll have another credit to use in a couple of days for rose gold.

@WVMomof3 This is correct. I opened 3/5/2018, 3/20/2019 charged the AF, statement closed also 3/20.

Also got my email about the free night 3/2, I'm timing them.
Need a spreadsheet :laughing:
Whaaaaaaat?

DoC is full of whispers from his little birds this morning.

[Rumor] Chase To Launch Chase Southwest Priority Business Card - DoC

"It’s expected to be more or less a carbon copy of the personal version." Now, I'm not much of a Southwest flyer, but I can only assume this is good news for you guys who chase CPs every year or two.
I would take a Priority Business card :D Heck, I would have upgraded my darn Plus to a Priority... and possibly even kept it until I had to get rid of it to get another CP in my name. There's nothing wrong with SMing Chase to ask if there is any upgrade offer, is there? I'm considering keeping DHs Priority card past the one year mark too.
Yep, just checked all my cards and nada. I'm hoping it'll pop up on my Bonvoy cards later.

Kicking myself a bit over another Amex Offers snafu. I had the offer for up to $15 back on cell phone bills on several of my cards, but not on my Bonvoy Biz or Hilton Biz that would've earned extra spending bonus on it, so I waited hoping it would appear on either card. That offer is now gone from all my cards, likely fully claimed. I have to keep telling myself it was only $15.
But it's so upsetting. I didn't add the Walmart grocery offer and now it's gone :( I want my $10!
Question for folks with upgrade offers on your Amex Hilton and SPG/Bonvoy cards.

If you got an upgrade offer for a lower end card, for example the Hilton Ascend or the personal SPG/Bonvoy, to upgrade to the high end card, like the Hilton Aspire or SPG Lux/Bonvoy Brilliant, when you already have the high end card, did you have the lower end card and higher end card on the same Amex login?

I'm hoping for an upgrade offer on the personal SPG/Bonvoy to the Bonvoy Brilliant. But I already have the Bonvoy Brilliant, and it's on the same login as the personal SPG/Bonvoy (I have all my Bonvoy cards on the same login). Will that hurt my chances/preclude me from getting an upgrade offer on the personal SPG/Bonvoy? If so, should I remove the personal SPG/Bonvoy from my "Bonvoy login" and set up a separate login for it?
Hmmm, this is interesting. I'm not much help as I have the upgrade offer but didn't get the Brilliant when it came out. We got it under DH. When I looked a week or so ago, his SPG Personal did not have an upgrade offer. I wonder if putting it in a separate login would work, I didn't realize you could do that even.

Ok.... (I always get confused and thus pay early) so my 'pay by' date was 3/22- on that day I had nothing due. Then this charge appears as 3/18 and the balance is sitting there with payment due date of 3/22.... I'd assume this means they see it charged before the 22,and overdue now..... at any rate, it's paid now and I'll see if they charge a late fee.

Nope you're good. It sounds like your statement hasn't closed yet and that's why it's still showing the Mar 22 due date. Once your statement closes it'll change to Apr 22. It's the one thing I dislike about the CC sites as it freaks me out sometimes. But it should show as "0" right now for "Minimum Payment Due" and know that you are good.

Your card agreement states how long you have to pay off charges on the new statement and none of them are less than a week. On personal cards it's regulated but I forget the minimum required now for those, however, Chase states either 21 or 24 days as the minimum time between statement close and payment due on all my cards (I forget which is personal and which is business). Can't get a late charge for that weird posting.

[Rumor] Chase To Add Dining/Delivery Credit To Chase Sapphire Reserve - DoC

According to DoC's sources, Chase plans to add a dining/delivery credit to the CSR similar to what Amex has done with the Uber(Eats) credit on the Platinum and the GrubHub credit on the Gold cards. Unclear who the provider or how much the credit will be, but likely divvied up as a monthly credit; or if it'll affect the AF or other card benefits.

Please just don't make it an UberEats credit. With Uber's new delivery and service fees, the credit will get eaten up fattening Uber's numbers ahead of their IPO than actually being any real benefit to cardholders.

Ugh probably would not use this and agree with everyone else the AF will probably increase....for us the CSR has value as it is.....will have to wait and see what happens

Whaaaaaaat?

DoC is full of whispers from his little birds this morning.

[Rumor] Chase To Launch Chase Southwest Priority Business Card - DoC

"It’s expected to be more or less a carbon copy of the personal version." Now, I'm not much of a Southwest flyer, but I can only assume this is good news for you guys who chase CPs every year or two.

Wonder if they will offer the chance to upgrade an existing SW business card to the Priority business ...like then did with the SW personal Priority card when it was launched

Thanks for the heads' up and I'm sorry you haven't gotten any good offers. I had the bonvoy on my plat/BBP, DH/DD plat and since DH has a work conference in Orlando which will run him $616 for 2 nights I happily clicked on all three. Now the likelihood of his remembering to use it is low but at least I've done my part!

Ok, my computer refuses to quote. Trying to quote @miztressuz post about the SPG fee increase. I guess I will just have to wait it out and see what happens. I just assumed Amex was like Chase if you open in March, annual fee posts April 1, but with people saying their fee posting at random times, now I am confused. When does the fee post? Per my spreadsheet :thumbsup2 I opened the card on March 7, 2018. I could have sworn I opened it at a time of an elevated offer that did not waive the first year fee, but I just looked and have never been charged the fee.

I opened mine July 31,18, and have not paid a fee. At the time of opening, I did not remember a waived fee at all and did not screen shot. I want my free nights so I'll be paying $125 eventually but not the first time, I hope!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter