I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
DH approved for the Amex No fee Hilton card offering 100,000 points after 1,000 spend. This will pay for the Hotel Coronado next summer. I was approved for the Barclays aviator business card, 50,000 AA miles after one purchase. Also picked up the Citi Business AA matched to 60,000 miles plus $250 statement credit after 2,000 spend.

DISchurners NEWS & DISCUSSION Thread
https://www.reddit.com/r/DISchurners/comments/aj6vx6/news_discussion_thread/

I created a new Stickied thread on DISchurners called "NEWS & DISCUSSION". We're going to give this a try... ANYBODY can post in this thread but try to follow the instructions if possible. We are pretty much trying to create a log of IMPORTANT events that are discussed on this thread. I only populated stuff from today but the items I put there are:
  • @Lain's Marriott news
  • Numerous DISchurners headed to WDW soon (or already there)
  • @elgerber got a job
We obviously can't put EVERYTHING there. The goal of this would be for somebody who hasn't been around in a few days to be able to peruse this and catch up on the major stuff. Let's give this a shot and see if we can't help each other since this thread moves a mile a minute! The best practice here would be to put a link there as soon as you see a major comment for the first time. If it ends up not working, at least we tried :)

Try not to duplicate a top-level comment (i.e. we only need one comment on the news @Lain shared)...however you can chime in and add some commentary as a response if you'd like. I typically don't "Actively Moderate" much stuff on DISchurners but I will be keeping an eye on this thread to make sure it serves it's purpose and removing any duplicates and such.

Check it out and please feel free to share additional "Newsworthy Topics" there. I may try to go back and find some other more recent stuff, but that honestly would be difficult.

On my phone so hard to see everything and hard to find my other post. Did anyone have any input on my son and if you think he could apply for a SW card two weeks after closing one?

I'm out of silence again to ask advice on another potential CC fail on my part.

I (P2) used the reddit personal credit card link at an airport because I couldn't get the normal "on air" offer to list. I figured, if pushed, I could point to our SW flight to prove we were/would have been eligible for the on flight offer on the day we applied.

A few days ago our statement closed. Our December statement had us at 1,200 spend. Our January statement closed with 1000 spend. Theoretically that meets the 2k/50 offer that I believe we got from the reddit offer. But... no bonus points listing.

Thoughts? Is this normal? I know there was hubub about points delayed - but I thought that was all points coming through. I'm clearly seeing out 'normal' statement points. But I'm not seeing our bonus points. Points points points. I feel like I said points a lot, wanted to try it some more.
You can send an SM to ask what your sign up bonus is on your card to get confirmation. I do that on all my Chase cards just to be sure of the date, MSR and bonus.

I created a new Stickied thread on DISchurners called "NEWS & DISCUSSION". We're going to give this a try... ANYBODY can post in this thread but try to follow the instructions if possible. We are pretty much trying to create a log of IMPORTANT events that are discussed on this thread. I only populated stuff from today but the items I put there are:
  • @Lain's Marriott news
  • @elgerber got a job
We obviously can't put EVERYTHING there. The goal of this would be for somebody who hasn't been around in a few days to be able to peruse this and catch up on the major stuff. Let's give this a shot and see if we can't help each other since this thread moves a mile a minute! The best practice here would be to put a link there as soon as you see a major comment for the first time. If it ends up not working, at least we tried :)

Try not to duplicate a top-level comment (i.e. we only need one comment on the news @Lain shared)...however you can chime in and add some commentary as a response if you'd like. I typically don't "Actively Moderate" much stuff on DISchurners but I will be keeping an eye on this thread to make sure it serves it's purpose and removing any duplicates and such.

Check it out and please feel free to share additional "Newsworthy Topics" there. I may try to go back and find some other more recent stuff, but that honestly would be difficult.
I am news?? That’s awesome. I am blushing now.

On my phone so hard to see everything and hard to find my other post. Did anyone have any input on my son and if you think he could apply for a SW card two weeks after closing one?
So your son is looking to open a SW biz card now? Did he close a SW personal or biz recently? I guess regardless, as long as he's not opening the EXACT same card that he closed, he's probably fine.

I am news?? That’s awesome. I am blushing now.
I think that your job loss and subsequent search were a pretty major concern of many of us on the thread. I deemed it newsworthy :) I guess if the personal stuff gets out of hand we could rule not to include that in the future, lol. I mean, I could share with you all what my lunch is tomorrow and link it there but that seems un-newsworthy HAHA!

• @Lain's Marriott news
  • @elgerber got a job

Also - I'll probably try to link this page somewhat frequently in here so people remember that it exists. I won't spam the thread...I'll probably only post the link about as often as @PolyRob calls the Chase status line.........:rotfl2:

Can I just share a major r/churningreferrals facepalm moment...I need to vent for a second....

New Mod message today from a random user...
"Hey Everyone - Quite a while back I posted a link which was subsequently removed because I had not read the rules. While I am still some what new at this reddit thing I reviewed the rules and think I am okay to post a link now. I wanted to check with the moderators before posting again to make sure I am good to go."

This user has made ZERO comments on r/churning in the past 3 months...They contend they read the rules, yet a quick excerpt of said rules shows:
This sub was created for the explicit use of r/churning members. In order to post here, you must be an active contributor to that sub...In order to post links, you must meet a minimum comment-karma on r/churning...50 karma required for all threads...Only comment-karma on r/churning is counted
It took everything in me to type a courteous response to this one...GAAAAH!
:badpc::badpc::badpc::badpc::badpc:

Like some things I will use for a little bit past the date, like dry pantry items or cream (go by smell/visual). He's like, oh no there's a little liquid on top of the sour cream! Uh, stir that back in you're fine. I won't use canned stuff, I just can't.
I can go 6 months past the date on the can. I've volunteered at our local food bank during the food drives where you are cleaning the cans and sorting out the expired stuff. They take stuff past the expiration date. Assume it is safe for me to do so as well.

Now leftovers are where I draw the line. DH will eat whatever is in the refrigerator. I don't remember when we put that in there or it's been a week, I'll toss it.

Found one! And, bonus, it also includes the Plane Princess himself and @CaliforniaGirl09, in addition to @calypso726 and me. This was taken on the Isle of Skye during an absolutely amazing hike. If we all look a little younger, it's because this dates back to 2013....

We look so young, lol! What a fabulous trip that was, and that was a great day!

Since we are discussing bank fraud today AND some people like to chase business account bank bonuses...here’s some food for thought:

Business and commercial bank accounts do not have the same protections as consumer bank accounts!

Federal Reserve Reg E requires banks to provide reimbursement for most fraud on consumer accounts as long as it is reported quickly. This is why you get your money credited back quickly.

Reg E does not govern biz accounts but rather the UCC (uniform commercial code). Essentially biz account holders have much less time to report fraud AND less protection. (i.e. the bank doesn’t have to reimburse your loss UNLESS they are able to recover your money).
I had no idea. My parents have small businesses, one of which I work in, and we will be having a discussion about this asap. Thank you.

So your son is looking to open a SW biz card now? Did he close a SW personal or biz recently? I guess regardless, as long as he's not opening the EXACT same card that he closed, he's probably fine.
He wants a CP because he has miles, hotel points and income but none of his friends do. He was going to try the new personal card with the one year CP, but might try for the two year instead. Closed the plus card two weeks ago Friday. The offer for the one year CP ends on 2/11 so that causes a time crunch.

I think that your job loss and subsequent search were a pretty major concern of many of us on the thread. I deemed it newsworthy :) I guess if the personal stuff gets out of hand we could rule not to include that in the future, lol. I mean, I could share with you all what my lunch is tomorrow and link it there but that seems un-newsworthy HAHA!

I think the personal is part of what makes this thread as great as it is.

• @Lain's Marriott news
  • @elgerber got a job

Thanks for cross posting news from the boards. I’m failing terribly in the new year, and it’s all I can do to try to keep up with this thread every day, not to mention I still need to write about our stays at the Royal Hawaiian and Sheraton Waikiki to post to the hotel thread, [eta] dig up and post links to 2x CIP w/SSN DPs, and write up a guide or two that I’ve been meaning to add to DISchurners.

:faint:

Last edited:
I had no idea. My parents have small businesses, one of which I work in, and we will be having a discussion about this asap. Thank you.
I offer my clients a fraud package which includes things like Positive Pay and ACH protection
  • Positive Pay is where they upload all their checks into our system and we make sure the date, check#, amount and payee match before clearing any items. If something doesn't match it is presented for a decision to the client.
  • ACH Protection sends a message whenever an ACH debit occurs that doesn't fit the client's pre-selected filters they setup. Then they can decide whether to pay it or not.
It can be somewhat costly for small businesses, but I deal primarily with larger customers ($1million rev.+) and I recommend they all have it!

(EDIT: and by costly, we're still talking likely < $50 a month)

He wants a CP because he has miles, hotel points and income but none of his friends do. He was going to try the new personal card with the one year CP, but might try for the two year instead. Closed the plus card two weeks ago Friday. The offer for the one year CP ends on 2/11 so that causes a time crunch.

I think the personal is part of what makes this thread as great as it is.
I'd say as long as he isn't going for a Plus card he'll be fine (he'd probably be fine even with a plus card, but I'd mix it up to be safe if possible)

Thanks for cross posting news from the boards. I’m failing terribly in the new year, and it’s all I can do to try to keep up with this thread every day, not to mention I still need to write about our stays at the Royal Hawaiian and Sheraton Waikiki to post to the hotel thread, and write up a guide or two that I’ve been meaning to add to DISchurners.

:faint:
So uhhh that PM I just sent you about helping to keep up with this new endeavor will probably go over real well, HAHAHA!! :rotfl:

ou know what my sweet and thoughtful hubby got me for Christmas? A heated seat for my car!! So I plug it into the lighter thing and turn it on. It warms all the way down the back and under the seat :D It's AH-mazing!!!! I know some people have cars with these built in but I don't lol so I'm thrilled with it!
You'll never be able to go back now!! Heated seats are a must for my next car. I'm so-so on cooled seats. We rented an Edge last May in Moab. We did use the cooling seats and it helped not have your bare legs stick to the leather seats in the heat! But not sure it is a must have for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter