I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No coffee for me either, and YES to only fresh brewed Iced Tea. That garbage in a pop machine is just nasty nasty nasty!!!
That is not tea :crazy2: That is sugar water with fake lemon flavor. They should replace the logo with a picture of Wilford Brimley.

I mostly drink tea (hot/cold, either is fine, but never sweetened) or water... sometimes Coke Zero if we have it. Never coffee.

I've never even eaten a yam lol

We keep our house at 66-67 and I wear pajamas, fuzzy socks, and a jacket. My hands usually are freezing, but even keeping our heat that low is expensive.

Purple yams, yum! Now, I miss purple yam ice cream.

Are we still talking beverages? I’ll drink hot/cold coffee and tea and diet Coke. Diet Pepsi will work in a pinch though I prefer diet Coke. I am not fond of root beer. I can’t get myself to drink Mountain Dew.

A long, long time ago from a galaxy far, far away, my chemistry teacher had us extract caffeine from Mt. Dew in chem lab. She said that there was a lot of caffeine in Mt. Dew that if we messed up, we’ll probably still get a few grams of caffeine extracted. And she had this disgusted look on her face whenever she mentioned Mt. Dew that it stuck in my head, and I could not get myself to drink it after that class.

It doesn't excuse anything but the airport agents probably get yelled at more than the reps on the phone on any given day. I realize it's part of the job but it's also easier to deal with being yelled at over the phone than it is in your face. For one thing there's a mute button so you can say what you want without them hearing or make faces. This is part of why it's always better to call the airline rather than join 200 of your new friends in line at the counter. The other option, especially in this case because there's vouchers involved, go to a different customer service counter. Not all airlines have them post security but there should be somewhere else you can go. If he didn't get the room paid for then he should call back and see about getting reimbursed and explain from before. Also, when calling and things like this are discussed, write the name down and the time of the call. It's not top of the mind when all of this is happening because it's stressful for everyone involved at the airport but it's a good idea.

I have the airline numbers for those I fly in my phone. When I was flying to SF last fall by the time I got to the airport my boarding pass had disappeared from the app even though I'd checked in. Alaska had a long line so I called while waiting in line and got it all sorted out on the phone before I even got to a check in agent to get help.
I can guarantee Dh didn't yell at anyone (not that you were talking about him yelling). He just doesn't get angry at other people. He did end up tweeting Delta and they said after his trip is over they will send him an expense report to fill out. I know the company that flew him down for the interview should be covering it anyway (hopefully). He's had to pay for a hotel, food, and laundry.

Purple yams, yum! Now, I miss purple yam ice cream.

Are we still talking beverages? I’ll drink hot/cold coffee and tea and diet Coke. Diet Pepsi will work in a pinch though I prefer diet Coke. I am not fond of root beer. I can’t get myself to drink Mountain Dew.

A long, long time ago from a galaxy far, far away, my chemistry teacher had us extract caffeine from Mt. Dew in chem lab. She said that there was a lot of caffeine in Mt. Dew that if we messed up, we’ll probably still get a few grams of caffeine extracted. And she had this disgusted look on her face whenever she mentioned Mt. Dew that it stuck in my head, and I could not get myself to drink it after that class.
That's funny about the Mountain Dew. When I was in 9th grade we did something similar, but with chips and crackers. We had to burn them over a Bunsen burner and the fat would drip off of them. The nastiest one we had was a Frito scoop. To this day I have not eaten a Frito since then lol. It was absolutely disgusting to see how much fat dripped off of that one chip.

I can guarantee Dh didn't yell at anyone (not that you were talking about him yelling). He just doesn't get angry at other people. He did end up tweeting Delta and they said after his trip is over they will send him an expense report to fill out. I know the company that flew him down for the interview should be covering it anyway (hopefully). He's had to pay for a hotel, food, and laundry.

I never said your DH yelled at anyone, but that doesn't mean several others haven't throughout the day. Traveling is stressful. Some reach their breaking point and others are just rude.

I would deal with delta getting it reimbursed, I wouldn't bring the company he interviewed with into it because it's not their fault the flight was delayed. It should be delta footing the bill unless the company he interviewed with brings it up don't, it could change how they view him and that's not what's wanted after a great interview.

That's funny about the Mountain Dew. When I was in 9th grade we did something similar, but with chips and crackers. We had to burn them over a Bunsen burner and the fat would drip off of them. The nastiest one we had was a Frito scoop. To this day I have not eaten a Frito since then lol. It was absolutely disgusting to see how much fat dripped off of that one chip.

Woah, Frito oil/fat!

I enjoyed chem lab except for that one time that I caused a really small explosion (really tiny) and nasty smelling green smoke came out of the beaker. :stir:. Good thing chemistry is Not my major nor career. :rotfl2:

With all the talk of different pronunciations, has anyone ever taken this NY Times dialect quiz?

It's super accurate (for me at least) and really interesting to see some of the different crazy terms I've never heard before.

I know I"m a little late in replying, but mine was also spot on - it said from St. Louis, and I'm about an hour north of St. Louis on the Illinois side! Pretty fun quiz!

Has anyone notice how SoCal ppl say their freeways? Take the Ike west to the 88 and get off at the 83...
ask any socalers... :P

NY we have both expressways and parkways they are completely different things people just call them by their names when referencing them not their number. I can’t even tell you their numbers. lol seems like every highway has a name. We probably have four dozen major freeways. One is even named after Jackie robinson, but it’s the worst parkway ever lol.

Okay peeps, be kind I’m new to this! Looking to make my money work harder for ME this time around! New to the CC points game.

Me, DH! & our son
Small business owner
Disney VISA is our only card right now, paid off monthly
No card apps in last 24
We typically do not fly, but currently have soma AA points from business travel
Main goal is hotel or Disney ticket $$ if possible
I have Car Rental earning potential like crazy (trying to earn some Hotel or Air points with these company paid rentals if possible)
Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver (maybe? May have lapsed)

Looking for recommendations on best travel reward card. Currently debating on Hilton Ascend (180k point offer via snail mail), or Chase Sapphire Preferred that everyone raves about. Any other thoughts?

We have a few large purchases upcoming that would get us to the min spend for a $3-4K bonus quickly (paying off cruise, & Disney AP renewal)

Agree that the Chase Ink Preferred (CIP) has the best Ultimate Rewards bonus. You could get 80k points, refer your DH for 20k points, then he would get another 80k points. It earns 3x on travel, so you'll get that for the cruise payment, not too sure about the AP renewal. When applying to Chase business cards, it's easiest to apply as sole proprietor with your name as the business name, otherwise they'll probably ask for a lot of documentation.

The CIP gets 1.25 redemption through the Chase travel portal (10,000 points is worth $125). The Chase Sapphire Reserve (CSR) redeems at 1.5. So if you're planning to do a lot of redemptions through the portal, you may want to get that eventually. Annual fee is $450, but comes with a $300 travel credit (easy to use as it's any travel), Priority Pass (airport lounge access), and TSA Precheck/Global Entry credit. There's a one Sapphire rule, but you could get both a CSR and a Chase Sapphire Preferred (CSP) through a modified double dip (basically it's a loophole) - see the DISChurners group for details.

I never said your DH yelled at anyone, but that doesn't mean several others haven't throughout the day. Traveling is stressful. Some reach their breaking point and others are just rude.

I would deal with delta getting it reimbursed, I wouldn't bring the company he interviewed with into it because it's not their fault the flight was delayed. It should be delta footing the bill unless the company he interviewed with brings it up don't, it could change how they view him and that's not what's wanted after a great interview.
I second this! Definitely wouldn't mention it to the company at all! If they ask I'd just say the return flight was great!! If he gets the job, it'd make for a great story a few days in though, LOL!

That's why I put in parenthesis that I didn't think you were saying that. I've seen it happen at Disney so I understand sometimes why the CMs get testy at times.

Would anyone happen to know if a DVC purchase (direct from Disney) would count as travel with Chase or US Bank Altitude??? Wondering if it will trigger the travel credit for either one. Getting ready to open DH a card that will offer Priority Pass and TSA Precheck credit. Think I'm just going to go ahead and get the Reserve for him. Really debated the US Bank one, the effective AF would be pretty much non-existent. 3x on mobile wallet purchases is tempting.

But maybe we should have him focus more on chase right now and then move on from there. He's technically 2/24. Also debating a modified DD. We could knock out 2 MSR with the DVC purchase. I looked on the reddit board, but was unsure of actual outcomes. Has anyone done it here, with success? Not looking for a shut down and DH will not want to call if something goes wrong. I'm probably making this more complicated than it needs to be :crazy2:. What would you do?
  • Chase Bus. Ink Pref 11/6/2017
  • Chase Bus. Ink CASH (FEIN) 1/10/2018
  • #1 American Express SPG 1/15/2018
  • #2 Chase Freedom 1/24/2018
  • Amex SPG Biz 3/20/2018
  • CIP (with FEIN) 1/23/19
  • Citi AA Biz 2/23/19

Not sure about Citi but as of June DVC coded as travel in the CSR. I’m pretty sure it would work as travel on CIP. 3 times the points is sweet. If I get another direct contract it will be split on a couple different cards to meet a MSR.

@mmmears I also hate Cali for California. I am usually not that picky about how people talk (I find the different dialects interesting) but “Cali” bothers me because people here say it like they are so cool. I.e. “we are going to Cali for fall break.”

Has anyone notice how SoCal ppl say their freeways? Take the Ike west to the 88 and get off at the 83...
ask any socalers... :P
That’s Chicago. All the expressways and tollways have names and numbers. And we often mix them even in the same sentence. Ike is Eisenhower expressway out of Chicago, west to I-88 (Reagan Memorial Tollway) to Route 83 (Kingery Highway, state road)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter