I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to send in the identity info. It took 16 days from applying for me to get my letter, mail the stuff, and get an approval email. The email came Sunday and it said 7-10 days to get my card.
Wow, that is much faster. My dh (or I) applied on Mar 1. Got the letter on Mar 9 and mailed it all back on Mar 11. Nothing but crickets ever since!

Just fyi, DoC is allowing people to post their Disney visa links (no fee version). I posted on his site last year when he did this and got a couple hits. I posted pretty quickly last year and right away this time, but he always takes like 24 hours to allow my comment to go through, so my comment isn't showing. Maybe others will have better luck. Worth trying!

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/chas...bonus-no-af-100-per-referral-share-referrals/
Aw Crap - I get busy doing work and then this happens... You definitely want to be in early with DoC's referral posts. I bet the first handful of folks match and people further down rarely get a click (speaking from personal experience on both ends)...

Thanks for sharing - I at least got in there but looks I'm 6 hours too late!

For those who have 50 karma on r/churning, I also made a comment in the daily discussion thread to draw attention to this card and direct them to Rankt from there. (EDIT: And it's being downvoted like crazy...gotta love those guys...)

https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/comments/b8wj1i/discussion_thread_april_03_2019/ek2asfy/

There are NOT a lot of people on r/churning who have this card so if you have the karma make sure you've posted your link here on Rankt: https://churning.rankt.com/referrals/chase_disney_rewards/

Last edited:
DoC is reporting that the Chase Freedom Unlimited ("CFU") 3x Everywhere for the First Year Signup Bonus, up to $20,000 in Purchases is now Available Via Referral.

This offer was previously available in branch only.

Note that the trade-off for the 3x UR everywhere (capped at $20k) is no $150/15k UR SUB for MSR. @SouthFayetteFan commented about the value of this offer vs. the old offer here:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/i...r-addl-details.3729982/page-595#post-60351585

https://www.disboards.com/threads/i...r-addl-details.3729982/page-593#post-60350813

DoC also has opened a page for people to post their support links for the CFU: https://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase-freedom-unlimited-referrals/ This could be a good chance to pick up some random clicks given the amount of traffic that goes through DoC's site.

This change in the CFU offer is expected to be part of more changes to Chase's credit card offers launching tomorrow, including a tiered SUB for the personal United Explorer card, up to 60,000 miles, broken down as follows: 40,000 miles after $2,000 in spend, and an additional 20,000 miles after an additional $6,000 in spend; and the rumored removal of 0% introductory APR on the Chase Ink Unlimited and Chase Ink Cash cards.
Hey thanks for linking those - I was going to dig those comments up and re-post, haha!

I just checked and both our departing and returning flights are all 737-700s. I was either looking at a wrong flight last time or it changed, but I'm really happy that all of our scheduled flights are 700s!
I see somebody also mentioned this but I'll reiterate. Being on a 737-700 doesn't make you exempt from having a cancellation. (Of course there is ALWAYS the extremely rare chance of a cancellation due to mechanical issue with your specific plane). As I shared in my quoted comment yesterday, there could also be a trickle down affect as SW moves planes around due to the MAX issue.

BUT the math of the fleet and the seating arrangement both are in your favor if you're on a 700 flight. I hope you come out unscathed!

I think that tomorrow will be the day I go for CIP 2 for myself. I wanted to give DHs Plastiq payment a couple days to make sure they didn't ask for verification since his car loan is through a credit union. Last time when we paid off his old vehicle through Plastiq, which the ILs bought from us, we used his first CIP and had to send the bill in so I was a bit worried over it - mainly due to the credit union thing. Currently I have MSRs to spend all but about $500 of the extra going towards the car loans, but I am confident we can come up with another $5k in the next three months.

Actually, I typed that at work earlier and didn't get it posted. Now I remembered that when BILs pay us back for the cruise :rolleyes1 the majority of that will go back to our extra income budget line, which basically means mostly to car loans. So yeah, we're good :P

Is there a general consensus on best hotel/point redemption in the Disneyland area? We are looking at going next May 2020 for 3-4 nights. I have URs that I could use, as well as some Marriott points. I've got plenty of time to open other cards to get more points if needed. I'm unfamiliar with the area, so just wondering if any of you all had been and what your thoughts were?

I have heard good reviews about the Hyatt House at the corner of Katella and S Harbor Blvd. We have not stayed there though.

Anyone stayed at the Boston Logan Hilton? Trying to help my parents get from Traverse City, Michigan to Bermuda and an overnight stay in Boston seems to be the best option.

Is there a general consensus on best hotel/point redemption in the Disneyland area? We are looking at going next May 2020 for 3-4 nights. I have URs that I could use, as well as some Marriott points. I've got plenty of time to open other cards to get more points if needed. I'm unfamiliar with the area, so just wondering if any of you all had been and what your thoughts were?

We stayed at the Hyatt House, here was my review
Hyatt House at Anaheim Resort/Convention Center - King Room with Sofabed
Corner of Harbor and Katella by Disneyland

https://anaheimresort.house.hyatt.com
Travel Dates: April 7 - 10, 2018

• Cash rate was $778 total
  • We used 36,000 Hyatt points (12k per night) transferred from Chase UR points. There were no extra fees.
  • Parking is $18 per day per website, we did not have a car
  • Free breakfast described below, though we did not try much. I think Hyatt is changing which hotels include breakfast though, so make sure to verify before you go!
  • There is a lobby bar and a 24 hour market inside, plus Blaze pizza next door is open to midnight or 1am.

We spent three nights here for 12k Hyatt points per night, transferred from UR. It was very clean, every time we walked through the lobby they were sweeping, mopping, or cleaning something, even at 1am. Maybe a 10 minute walk tops for two adults. Breakfast had eggs, bacon/sausage, toast, pastries, fruit, coffee, and juice. They had to go coffee cups and flavored creamer in the breakfast room. The room just had regular coffee mugs like you'd have at home. I think they had Seattle's Best in the breakfast room, and just your typical hospitality brand in the room - I didn't try it.

ETA: We didn't try the breakfast beyond a pastry for a snack to get going, because we fell for the siren call of Disney breakfast each morning.

EOe1pRAl.jpg

NHjO8jzl.jpg

Ha ha. No I’m probably the farthest from IT you could get. But back when the Chase offers started, the only way I could get things to work was deleting and reinstalling the app. :sad2:
My offers are showing up now. I'm not sure what caused it but I did update my phone this morning so maybe that helped? The app didn't have an update though.

A reminder to be vigilant in tracking and checking your points balances:

An r/churning use reported that somebody fraudulently attempted to cash out ~300k UR points via phone today
https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/comments/b8wj1i/discussion_thread_april_03_2019/ek0rg1c/

Luckily this one was caught by an email to the actual cardholder. I still recommend that you keep a spreadsheet and check your points balances often to make sure nothing is missing!

I should probably start doing this...The only one I don't check often enough is SW and couldn't tell you the last time I checked in the last few months...(checking now).

Shoot!! I just used my Chase Freedom by accident in PayPal, I chose the SW card with no international fees just to be safe but it defaulted back to the CF some how and charged that. I thought I would be safe since I am using PP a US company, nope got a alert that my card was used internationally. Well there goes $9. :-(

Those of you following the SW cancellations do you think direct flights have a higher likelihood to be cancelled vs those with a stop/plane change?

DP on Aspire annual free weekend night certificate: My card anniversary date is January 18 as I applied on the day the card was released. My AF posted the last day of that billing cycle which was February 14th. My free night certificate just posted today nearly 7 weeks later.

Just got a UPS notice for Chase Card Services Next day air will be here tomorrow with DH CIP!! Yay! Boo, I have an eye appointment and a car appointment both before UPS will get here.

Do I have to be home to accept this? I just read on another blog that expedited cards need signature. I have never had that before so hoping it is bull.

Behind here. Been away a couple of days. Been having a bit of a rough time.

Now I'm thinking my Vegas Aerosmith trip next week is cursed. Girlfriend that was coming hurt herself at the gym and needs surgery so she's out. DH is sick and a basket case and it's just not good. So I don't know what is going on with that. My other girlfriend who is coming is flying Southwest and ya'll know that mess.

My friend with the now bum leg had us a sweet Marriott Friends and Family rate. She's not coming now so I have to scramble to find a new place. Rates are sky high now for the strip - but I'm trolling Membership Rewards for a good deal. Wish me luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter