I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Memaw passed away this morning so I'm a bit distracted with that today. Of all my grandparents I expected her to go last, not first. While I was semi-prepared, it was much sooner than I thought it would be.

I was supposed to book our tours for Costa Rica today and completely forgot. Should I put that on CSR or the CIP I'm working on? It won't impact meeting the CIP spend if I do or don't.

I am so sorry for your loss.

They are very lenient in terms of what qualifies as a disability and basically will not tell you 'no'. Probably some legal reason there. We used preboard for years due to my dd18's anaphylactic peanut allergy. I would go on with her and clean down the entire area and anything she would be touching. Flight attendants were great about it and even offer me cleaning supplies if mine seemed to be running low. Now that SW no longer serves peanuts, I don't do that anymore. But there was never the least bit of push back when I asked for a preboard.

SW still lets you preboard to wipe down your seats even though they don’t serve peanuts anymore. People can still bring their own food containing peanuts. Just an FYI.

:car: :drive: :moped:

This game is amazing... 0 => 200,000 AA miles in 10 seconds!

Choo Choo - all aboard the grAAvy train - this train moves FAST!
374.gif

The Aviator was approved but Citi went pending. Hope it wasn’t a mistake to do both at once!

SW still lets you preboard to wipe down your seats even though they don’t serve peanuts anymore. People can still bring their own food containing peanuts. Just an FYI.
Good to know, thank you! On our last flight, my dd was not with us, but the people right in front of us were eating peanuts. I cannot control what people eat but I know I'd have wanted to wipe down their tray table and seats before my dd sat there!

Wishing a speedy recover to your husband! After the nursing it looks like you may need another trip planned to recuperate yourself. Too bad Riviera isn't opening until December. I guess you will have to plan it at BLT or something :)

Thanks all! I think all of us on here speak the same language...and same happy place. So no huge shock but 24 days and counting (and yes I just got back and yes I literally am counting down). I decided to move the trip with my youngest up and do it now in May. The funny part is with all the discussion today with split stays our schedule is arrival night Boardwalk, second night BLT studio, third night VGF, night four and five at Polynesian. I have always been more value, moderate or off site so BLT is the only one I have ever stayed at. It will be the split stay to end all split stays, but with just myself and an adventurous 8 year old Disney fanatic I think it should be fun and hopefully not too insane. Since I am selling OKW I figured why not. If that isn’t a good time to go through some points I don’t know what is!

October trip at BLT is already planned. There is also a secret girls trip planned in August which may or may not happen...but I think at this point it should! That will be a cash/erase purchase with the Arrivals stay so I just need more discounts to come out. I want to book it. I need all I can to look forward too! :)

This sounds awesome. We've done Cruises out of New Orleans and San Juan and have enjoyed both of them esp by staying extra days. We did the El Yunque Rainforest hike in PR. Loved it. Have fun!

We’ll be in PR on a cruise next Feb, and I was wondering what to do. El Yunque looks like something we would like. Thanks!!

Good to know, thank you! On our last flight, my dd was not with us, but the people right in front of us were eating peanuts. I cannot control what people eat but I know I'd have wanted to wipe down their tray table and seats before my dd sat there!

Delta is the other airline that will allow you to preboard if you let them know about peanut allergy. I have never flown Delta though so I have no first hand info. This is from their website:

https://www.delta.com/us/en/accessible-travel-services/dietary-needs-and-allergies

Having allergies is a pain in the behind and requires so much planning in advance for travel, as you well know.

I also wonder if Greg really “truthfully” forgot that Chase has an automated status line that he wasn’t calling every hour, or if an Ink card showing up unexpectedly made for a better story.

And a $20k MSR on the Amex Biz Plat? I guess he used an affiliate link (his?) and didn’t bother calling in for a better offer.

P.S. I generally like Frequent Miler. I’ve learned a lot from the site and they’re usually less shilly than other bloggers. But there’s a lot in this piece that makes me think Greg should know better, so what’s his agenda?

I agree with your P.S. I don’t get a sleezy vibe from Greg. I generally feel like he is ethical.

Delta is the other airline that will allow you to preboard if you let them know about peanut allergy. I have never flown Delta though so I have no first hand info. This is from their website:

https://www.delta.com/us/en/accessible-travel-services/dietary-needs-and-allergies

Having allergies is a pain in the behind and requires so much planning in advance for travel, as you well know.
I didn't know that about Delta. Thank you!

Yes, allergies are so hard. My ds10 is *finally* outgrowing his cow's milk allergy and while cow's milk is everywhere, and he's been fairly limited, his allergy was never anaphylactic and I never worried that much. OTOH, my dd18 went into anaphylaxis at 18 mos old when she first ingested peanut butter and then again at 16yo at school after eating a dessert with peanuts (unknowingly). We keep several epi-pens handy! Her allergy is severe and she can feel her chest constricting when she is around someone eating peanuts so it seems mildly airborne...? I almost liked when SW served peanuts better as we cleaned her area and then the flight attendants announced there was a peanut allergy on board which I think kept some people from opening their bag of peanuts.

Whoa!! Barclay gave me the 10k AA miles I've been asking for! I cannot believe it. They never answered any of my SM's. Just completely felt they ignored me and then boom!, the miles are there today. I know someone else said theirs happened like this also. Yay! So happy :)

My Memaw passed away this morning so I'm a bit distracted with that today. Of all my grandparents I expected her to go last, not first. While I was semi-prepared, it was much sooner than I thought it would be.

I'm so sorry for your loss. You have my deepest condolences. I really hate reading about all these deaths, and there have been a number of them lately. But I also know we're all here to support each other in these hard times. So *hugs* :grouphug:

We’ll be in PR on a cruise next Feb, and I was wondering what to do. El Yunque looks like something we would like. Thanks!!

We were there in March. Beautiful weather. Hike was worth it especially to see the Falls.

I was supposed to book our tours for Costa Rica today and completely forgot. Should I put that on CSR or the CIP I'm working on? It won't impact meeting the CIP spend if I do or don't.

I’m so sorry for the loss of your Memaw :grouphug:

I stopped by Weis yesterday to drop off DH's eBay sales at the post office there and to my good fortune their Easter candy was severely marked down. "Honeydukes" is now well stocked for staff appreciation week in early May. $200 worth of Hershey and Ghirardelli chocolate, Sour Patch and other goodies for $59. I am getting so excited for this special week for the teachers!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter