• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like I won! Congrats! I really wanted a girl and wouldn’t let DH say the “b” word. I even bought the cutest little girl’s outfit in anticipation. But then we had my sonogram and they were sure it was a boy. DH was happy and I wouldn’t trade him for the world.
I wanted a girl until about two days ago when I really started to think more about it. I think I’ll bond a lot better with a little boy and my brother has his two little boys. The majority of my cousins have had boys so it’ll be more fun for them all to play together. I really didn’t care either way though. If it was a girl I would’ve been just as happy

Officially announcing the gender!!
View attachment 461090

I’m beyond excited that it’s a boy!! I absolutely can’t wait! My brother has two boys so it’ll be so fun to see them play together and I’m not girly AT ALL. I can’t wait to play with hot wheels and trucks. I have a video because I opened the outfit while Dh cut the cake and you can hear me say “yes, it’s a boy!” Lol. My SIL made the cake and I think it turned out really well.
Congratulations...love the cake

First I want to say you all weren't kidding when you said this is a fast moving thread! Such a fun group.

Alexie what do you all have planned at other stops? Snorkeling is absolutely amazing here. It's a quiet island compared to much more developed ones. We have some gems, just let me know what type of experience your family enjoys so I know what type of things to recommend.

We’ll be stopping at Roatan on our RCCL cruise in March. What do you recommend we do there? (DH, DS13, and me)

Congrats! Boys are great. Honestly I was a bit relieved to find out DS was a boy because I’m not girly at all. My oldest niece is athletic and tomboyish but loves makeup and hair stuff which I’m not into.
I’ve never even put my hair in a pony tail before lol. It’s always been too short. Hair would’ve been an issue for sure. I don’t wear makeup either. It would cover up my freckles

I’ve never even put my hair in a pony tail before lol. It’s always been too short. Hair would’ve been an issue for sure. I don’t wear makeup either. It would cover up my freckles
Well, if I showed you a pic of my niece in makeup you’d think she’s 25 not 13. And she got a hair straightener for Christmas too. My solution to frizzy, curly hair was cut it short. My sister’s (and niece’s) solution is grow it long and use a straightener. I’d have to send a girl to my sister for hair and makeup tips. Lol.

Officially announcing the gender!!
View attachment 461090

I’m beyond excited that it’s a boy!! I absolutely can’t wait! My brother has two boys so it’ll be so fun to see them play together and I’m not girly AT ALL. I can’t wait to play with hot wheels and trucks. I have a video because I opened the outfit while Dh cut the cake and you can hear me say “yes, it’s a boy!” Lol. My SIL made the cake and I think it turned out really well.
Omg, CONGRATS!! What a cute gender reveal!! Great theme and love the cake!!!

Well, if I showed you a pic of my niece in makeup you’d think she’s 25 not 13. And she got a hair straightener for Christmas too. My solution to frizzy, curly hair was cut it short. My sister’s (and niece’s) solution is grow it long and use a straightener. I’d have to send a girl to my sister for hair and makeup tips. Lol.
My niece is 11 and looks like she’s easily 16. She hit puberty waaaay too early. I feel so bad for her. They got family pictures and hers by herself look like senior pictures.

@Haley R Congrats on the boy! I never thought I would have a boy but here I am, mom to 4 of them. I’ve learned, and learned to like, so many things I had never considered - super heroes, sports, camping! I
This is me too!!! I wanted girl babies, not cause I’m ‘girly’ but it just felt more comfortable. I got two precious girls and then God gifted me with two previous boys. They’re so different but so equally wonderful!! I’ve learned to love to do many things i never thought I would. I spend my saturdays watching Lego cartoons and then sports for whoever has games.

I’d love more babies, if I were younger, and I couldn’t even begin to say which gender I’d prefer.

What is the receipt trick? I checked dischurners and didn't see anything about it, although I'm very reddit illiterate so I could totally be missing it.

Go to the website and request a receipt for your ticket. Must have ticket # from reservation. If status says OK then supposedly you are good. Although I’m sure this can change at any time. That is why I have been checking daily. Worse than calling the Chase Status line a zillion times.

Thanks!

Arriving the 18th, flying out the 23rd. I'm only doing HS and could go the 19th, 20th, or 21st. Ideally the 20th or 21st. I need to catch up on the news of RotR and figure out what I need to do to ride that now too lol.
Be prepared for a lot of New Englanders- the week of February 18 is a school vacation week in MA and I think Maine, RI and CT. But they’re all small states.

Something worth looking at for fans of Amtrak:

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/amtrak-leaked-memo-shows-new-change-cancellation-fees/
I won’t begin to try to explain this since I know nothing about Amtrak lol!

Well... Don't love this. I often book Saver fares as soon as I know our dates of travel, and I'll rebook when sales come around by moving to a different time, then back to our original departure time. Guessing this will kill that.

All in all, this makes Amtrak less flexible. Never a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter