I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@disneymagicgirl to @caribbeandream: “This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.”
And in the background music from The Greatest Showman plays...

@disneymagicgirl to @caribbeandream: “This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.”
And in the background music from The Greatest Showman plays...

:charac2:

Right here, right now
I put the offer out
I don't want to chase you down
I know you see it
You run with me
And I can cut you free
Out of the drudgery and walls you keep in
So trade that typical for something colorful
And if it's crazy, live a little crazy
You can play it sensible, a king of conventional
Or you can risk it all and see
Don't you wanna get away from the same old part you gotta play
'Cause I got what you need
So come with me and take the ride
It'll take you to the other side
'Cause you can do like you do
Or you can do like me
Stay in the cage, or you'll finally take the key
Oh, damn! Suddenly you're free to fly

@Haley R , you asked to be notified about AirBnB gift card deals.

https://www.raise.com/buy-airbnb-gift-cards

Raise has an extra 5% off already discounted AirBnB cards today with promo code: CELEBRATE . As of posting this morning, I'm seeing the top discounts at 3.7-3.9% off. You can get another 1% cash back if you shop Raise through the Ebates portal.

It's not the best deal ever, but the extra 5% off brings it in line with the usual sale or deals pricing. If you had a Chase Freedom, Raise has PayPal checkout and you could have earned an extra 5x UR points from the purchase.
I just now finally had the chance to look at your message to me. We only have 2 hours to decide if we want to buy the AirBnB gift cards. DH is not convinced we should get them. I'm not sure if you will answer in time, but do these offers get posted often?

Heads up for Chase double dippers:

I've seen two reports on /r/churning today of successful double dips followed by a call from Chase a few days later -- one report called it a "credit review." It seems the Chase rep in one of the reports asked why they applied for two cards, and in the other asked questions about income, income sources, and past use of credit. In both cases, the cardholders were allowed to keep both cards but had their credit lines on the cards lowered.

https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/comments/8piooe/daily_discussion_thread_june_08_2018/e0civlb

https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/c...s_central_thread_week_of_june_07_2018/e0c9y94

This was my next move. So it seems about right that it will blow up right about now.

Congrats! It's very exciting to see the point balances go up. It's even more exciting to go on the trip and realize you paid practically nothing for the experience.

Yup! We started with the idea of travel hacking one RT flight to Scotland. I quickly realized how easy it was (easier back then) to accumulate the points. It was about that time that it dawned on me we might be able to even get enough points to fly in first class. The, when DH and I topped our first million points and miles before a year was out, there was no turning back.
I think we are only planning on getting enough points for our plane tickets, but I may be able to convince DH to apply for a CSR when my MSR for my CIP is done.

Right here, right now
I put the offer out
I know you see it
You run with me
And I can cut you free
Or you can do like me

Oh, I love that scene!

Thanks so much to you all for the thoughts and hugs. It's definitely been rough, but I know it could have been so much worse so that keeps me going. Keep moving forward.....right??

Our little guy is healing up wonderfully well considering. The burns are on the back of both legs, his right arm and his hands. I won't post pics of the actual burns as the ones on his hands are pretty bad. I'm not sure exactly how to post pics here, but I'll try. Here's a pic of him at the ER once they gave him pain meds and he was able to calm down a bit and catch his breathe.

God bless him and thank God it wasn't worse.

McDs has GCs. I think I bought physical cards on Raise maybe. They are covered in pics of fries. Lol

This is true, I haven't seen them in person in a while though, I forgot about the fries. (the only good part of McD's for me :) ) I should have qualified that correctly as haven't seen them at Lowes or the Gift Card Mall displays, at least not around here. Burger King is, well, king for that. I find those just about everywhere.

I just now finally had the chance to look at your message to me. We only have 2 hours to decide if we want to buy the AirBnB gift cards. DH is not convinced we should get them. I'm not sure if you will answer in time, but do these offers get posted often?

Yes. 8-10% off is fairly typical for AirBnB.

Right here, right now
I put the offer out
I know you see it
You run with me
And I can cut you free
Or you can do like me

I guess I have to see this movie! Heading over to on-demand right now...

I was there two weeks ago!

QAwItj1l.jpg

VlrEWFdl.jpg

yHXZqJXl.jpg

Right here, right now
I put the offer out
I know you see it
You run with me
And I can cut you free
Or you can do like me

Well I know what song will play in my head while I sleep tonight. (Not that it doesn’t often anyway)

I was there two weeks ago!

QAwItj1l.jpg

VlrEWFdl.jpg

yHXZqJXl.jpg
Oh my goodness...thank you for posting these pictures. You just brought back a ton of great memories. Up until March, this was the only Disney park I'd ever been to! And the Alice in Wonderland Labyrinth was my favorite attraction. The leaping fountains totally mystified me as a kid! Hope you had a great time!

Last edited:
Oh my goodness...thank you for posting these pictures. You just brought back a ton of great memories. Up until March, this was the only Disney park I'd ever been to! And the Alice in Wonderland Labyrinth was my favorite attraction. The leaping fountains totally mystified me as a kid! Hope you had a great time!

Leaping fountains? We didn't see anything like that. Though I noticed reading another posters DLP trip report that there were some things we didn't see, it's been small details so far but still missed.

Leaping fountains? We didn't see anything like that. Though I noticed reading another posters DLP trip report that there were some things we didn't see, it's been small details so far but still missed.

It's very possible they've been changed or taken out since I was there last! They were in Alice's Labyrinth, towards the beginning of the maze, before you got to the smoking caterpillar. Here's a (not great) video - it's small jets of water that jump from one pillar to another. Looks really magical when you are nine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter