I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh about not booking Disney with cruise and tours! Was going to buy some park tickets through them. Guess I’ll see how it pans out in the next few months since we aren’t going until Feb.

Woke up to some really good RMN deals:
$10 off $25 at Walgreens and CVS

$10 off $20 at Staples, Home Depot, Kohl’s and Macy’s

Also an AMEX offer for $10 off $50 at Sams
we are 0/7 on the sams offer. I used staples, Home Depot, cvs, and Walgreens on RMN all this morning. :flower1:

:rotfl2:OT on this thread I know but that is hilarious:rotfl: So far the past few years with MDE etc has been like putting the lobster in a pot of cold water,and turning up the heat slowly so it doesn't even notice what's happening...:rotfl2: I mean we're at the point where they expect people to plan what breakfast they want to eat in 6 months time,what ride you want to ride months in the future(and what time you'll do it) the fingerprinting, the security checks, the intrusive room searches...I could go on but I'll stop here.....let's face it the hoops we're all forced to jump thru at this point are already:sad2: as far as I'm concerned..... ok sorry to rant OT back to the topics at hand.....
completely agree. That is why our big trip has been DCL for the last few years in a row and we just add on a park day or two to that. So sad, because we used to go for 8-10 days annually. :(

Question re: upgrade the spg-luxe. If I did it today- would I get the $300 today on my acct? AND could I trigger that by buying JetBlue gift cards? Is that even possible? Thanks-oh, and if I got the to now, would it reset and I'd get another when my original af is due(nov21) or do I have that wrong? ETA- never mind(sigh) they don't sell them.
I think the SPG lux $300 credit only applies to Marriott and SPG credits, not airline credits.

[QUOTE="miztressuz, post: 59746549, member: 353101"

Dolphin's a Sheraton and Swan's a Westin - so they're both excluded from the Marriott/RC cards, from what I can tell.

and THIS is what I'm confused(and concerned) over! How can the company merge, decide they're all marriotts, except they're not? I'm struggling to understand wth this all means (that's heck:rotfl2:)

sorta like you can't use marriott points to book spg properties but they are all one company. don't get me started on marriott right now...>:(

Last edited:
Chase has a promotion currently that if you use CFU, CSR, or CSP via ChasePay at Best Buy, ebags, and tock, u earn an extra 5x back. only up to $200 purchases though. thats 1200 UR points right there. Buy a Disney gift card at Best buy.

Sams Club is another source of cheap Disney gift cards. U can buy walmart gc at gyft.com, use them to purchase Disney Gift cards @ 5% off. a total of 8% discount.

edit: removed CF from the list.
Oh wow thanks! We’ll head to Best Buy today then!

Where is the 8% coming from? Sorry I have so many questions

RMN is making me crazy (what else is new) so far it's only worked at walgreens and staples for me- now I linked the new offers, when I go and find them they say linked, but they're not in my wallet. Urg. stupid apps always hate me. I'm gonna use them anyway since they say they're linked I like getting those visa gc's for free....
It was glitchy for me this morning too. I had to close out and back in a couple times, but I have since gotten alerts for all 4 of my stops today.

What's the RMN offer? I've tried to go back and reread, but I can't find the definitions for the acronym!

I'm also having issues with tickets today. Spent an hour on hour with Disney this morning because I'm missing 3 MVMCP tickets and 1 regular tickets. I tried to link them for the first time today.

remember, it needs to go through Chase Pay for it to count. here is a link

u get 3x via gyft.com checkout with paypal. sams club sells disney gift cards at 5% off. Combine them, 8%. if u have a CIC, then 10%. this is cash returns though, if u put it through with CSR, then the it multiples up. it just depends on how u value them.

PSA: Disney is having MAJOR problems at the parks with 3rd party tickets (at least for us).

Just came back from WDW and me and the GF had one of the most frustrating experiences with Disney. I know we don't talk about trip reports on here that much, but I booked this stay with "magical" rates which aren't really talked about broadly on these forums besides this thread and a few others. As you know the "Magical" rates don't come with regular tickets, but convention tickets and a added water park bonus.

- Showed up to Epcot on rope drop the first day, MB not working. CM directed us to the ticket booths, in which a manager got involved because either of the ticket booth agents could find our tickets on one system and not the other. Manager called IT, which took another 30 minutes so she comped us two park hoppers for the day just to not waste any more of our time. Advised us to see guest relations later in the day. Saw guest relations and the CM seemed to know what exactly what was going on. She said we needed to go back to Pop because the hotel system and theme park system weren't communicating with each other. Pop couldn't find out what was going on with our tickets, but said they would comp us another 1 day park hopper and water park tickets. Both comp tickets showed up on MDE later that night.

- Showed up to Blizzard Beach the second day, MB is still not working. GR CM at the gate walked us over to the booth and took nearly 45 minutes with us on the phone with IT to try to solve the problem with our tickets. CM can see the park hopper and comp tickets, but neither is working. CM said that IT "reset" our accounts and it eventually worked. Headed back to the hotel after BB and both of our MB's don't work to get into our room :badpc:. Headed back to the concierge at Pop, and asked about the additional 1 day hopper for the next day. CM says they can see it on my account and everything is all set.

- Arrived at Magic Kingdom on the last day and guess what... MB's don't work. CM advised us to see guest relations, but the line was nearly 150 people long so we decided to head to Animal Kingdom instead. After another hour or so at GR, the CM fixed it for us again. Told us they have been having problems all week with the systems and it has been absolute hell for the CM's. We thought "great, today is the last day and we won't have any more problems since we are leaving tomorrow." Lunch time came and we headed to Satuli Canteen and guess what... MB won't let us charge anything to our room. THANK GOODNESS we had Apple Pay authorized on our phones because we usually leave our wallets in the safe to pack light for the day.

It sucked because the CM's were so nice about everything and they really tried to fix it, but it's so out of their control. It seemed like it was specifically the 3rd party tickets that was giving our accounts so many issues and if I knew we were going to have so many problems, I would have bought them from Disney direct instead and booked the discounted room at the Swan instead. At every ticket booth we had to go to, there was another guest who had the same exact problem we were having with not being able to access tickets.

I almost feel like posting this in a separate thread, but I don't want to have half the forum asking what a "magical" rate is.

EDIT: We booked the "magical" rates in 2017 and had absolutely zero issues with our stay.

Oh my goodness! What a mess. I can't imagine my DH if this was us. He'd come unglued. I'm so sorry! I have also booked magical rates before without issue. We can cross our fingers that maybe the chase thing is temporary due to 3rd party tix at least.

What's the RMN offer? I've tried to go back and reread, but I can't find the definitions for the acronym!

I'm also having issues with tickets today. Spent an hour on hour with Disney this morning because I'm missing 3 MVMCP tickets and 1 regular tickets. I tried to link them for the first time today.

retailmenot.

other similar apps u can look into. Dosh and Ebates.

I think we might hit up our Walgreens later today. Should I use the cip or the CSR?
do you not have a freedom? that's what I have been using b/c it is the category for the quarter. If not, whatever you use for non-cat spending is fine.

Edit: Removed old info I guess... See the reply from @Albort as I guess things have changed. Its been a while since I got Disney Gift Cards at SAMs sounds like the discounts got better.

you have best buy nearby? its 6x there up to $200 using Chase Pay. Thats something u can do if u havent already. I think Swagbucks give u more off? someone needs to confirm that.
Went yesterday, saw Disney GCs there.
wait, explain please. CIP is 6x at Best Buy? Yes swagbucks does have a promo.

NVM: I see you replied downthread. thx for sharing!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter