I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just logged onto RMN via my laptop and it looks like it is down:
Uh oh, we've got a problem here.
This is pretty uncommon — we have a temporary issue with the site.

Rest assured we're on the case and should have it fixed in a few minutes.
We drove to a different town trying to go to home depot and staples. I’m pretty ticked and not impressed right now.

After having the CSP nerfed this weekend I'm trying to come up with a Plan B. I know everyone is a little (a lot) gunshy right now in giving advice but let's give it a whirl! :cutie:

I am not going to do any cards in my name for at least six months. My CS dropped under 800 with all the hard pulls and my car loan this spring, and who knows what the card closure will do to it? Any thoughts? Time will tell I guess.

This leaves P2, DH. He is currently 1/24.
2/17/18 CIP
5/05/18 CSR

We (I) will PC his CIP when it comes up for renewal to either CIC or CIU.

I had a solid 2.5k+ of spend coming up in the next six weeks that I was going to put on the CSP. No way will I get a card by this Thursday to put on the lodging for me at the hospital, so I may just put that on my CSR to finish it up. It's going to be $50 a day and since it's through the hospital, hopefully it won't trigger the travel credit, thinking it's a hotel.

My dh is very set in his ways. Only likes to stay on property at Disney, no Swolphin. He prefers AS for flying. I have had the AS card for several years and won't be closing it, trying to preserve my CS, so no AS card for him. I don't want an AMEX Biz for him as I threw everything at my CSR, even paying utilities ahead, so 5k on an AMEX isn't doable.

Do I stick with Chase, trying to eke out a few more UR's? Do I run screaming because of all the recent and probably upcoming changes? Now that I have been bitten by the "bug", it's killing me to have a big insurance payment go to regular spend and not MSR.

Since you are open to biz cards why not the AS biz card. It has an increased offer of 30k miles after 1k in spend plus a companion fare of 0, you just pay the taxes. The AF is just $50. I just got the card in the mail today :) It's BofA but doesn't post to your CR.

we are 0/7 on the sams offer. I used staples, Home Depot, cvs, and Walgreens on RMN all this morning. :flower1:

We are 0/10 on the Sams offer. Having trouble with RMN as well. It shows the offer, but when I try to link it I get the pop up to add a card. The app is all wonky right now and shows I have $0 lifetime earnings. Online isn't any better!

Squee!

@tink1970 and @calypso726 - eBags is earning 20 United miles/$1 on MileagePlus Shopping today!

And don’t forget you get an extra 5x UR on purchases up to $200 when using CFU, CSP, or CSR at eBags!

AND Tumi is having a 20% off event right now!

SQUEEEEEE!

Thank you so much for the heads' up. I controlled myself with ebags and only spent a little more than $200 (so...no Tumi for me, obs). Then bought DD makeup and dogs food/treats so after spending $450, ended up with a cool earning of MPX-1050 united miles; united shopping portal 4880 united miles and 1500 UR (chase pay 6x plus regular 1/1.5 with CSP/CFU). Not too bad for things I'd be buying anyway.

baby squeeee....

So uh...maybe we won't be staying at Contemporary after all. We can't get any room we want there from 1/30 - 2/2. We either have to check in a night sooner or checkout a night later...I hate when they do that in their system - I know they're trying to avoid empty rooms but super frustrating when I KNOW there's a room available 1/30 - 2/2 - they just won't sell it to me. I'm on a split stay with pretty firm dates and agenda so I'm not looking to change that.

From what I know, they also closed the loophole where you book the extra night and then try to cancel it.

So uh...maybe we won't be staying at Contemporary after all. We can't get any room we want there from 1/30 - 2/2. We either have to check in a night sooner or checkout a night later...I hate when they do that in their system - I know they're trying to avoid empty rooms but super frustrating when I KNOW there's a room available 1/30 - 2/2 - they just won't sell it to me. I'm on a split stay with pretty firm dates and agenda so I'm not looking to change that.

From what I know, they also closed the loophole where you book the extra night and then try to cancel it.
Will it work if you call?

I just went on a spree this morning. Great offers right now! I went to Home Depot, Walgreens, cvs, and staples. Home Depot is the only one I have never done before. All of these were like $10 back on $20-25. Whoohoo! I think you'd be fine buying a GC at kohls.
Ok I tried a spree (with mixed results) I loaded cvs,kohls,home depot,walgreens,staples and was gonna hit them ALL today. well I did macys,and then the app went bonkers. I had two cards linked that I wanted to use,and it shows the macys as tracking(yes!) but when I stopped at home depot(right next door to kohls:crazy:) the app showed NO linked cards and the offers weren't showing. so I thought'hmm,maybe I forgot to link them like I thought I did' and retried, but got error pages. no home depot showing on my wallet,no cards linked(!!!) so I gave up and went to kohls and did the purchase there b/c at least it showed in the app after i kept refreshing..... obviously a mistake b/c I'm home now and shows nothing tracking for that:headache: I like free cashback but I HATE this app.
after I got home I deleted then reloaded the whole app,and it shows normally now. bleh. I'm gonna return the kohls stuff. so I'll try the rest later this week- Oh,and to make ya'll feel better about yourselves.... I went to Bestbuy to use my amex offer on the last day,in line with my cards in hand,and.... I left the right amex at home:sad: At least I used some gc's to get my groceries done today,but I gave up and came home. I'll do my sams deals another day- I'm done, can't do anymore today. anyone else get RMN issues like I do?

The Sam's offer was only on both dh's and my Green biz card.

Thanks for saving me $10! I had checked my 4 AUs, 5 personal and 3 of my 5 biz (yes, unhealthy relationship with Amex...working on it I swear) and said forget the other two... but I read your post and checked my final 2...it was on my biz green too! Whoo hoo 1/14 is disappointing, but $10 is better than $0. :)

SPG Lux's $300 is for marriott purchases though. im not sure what method u will go through to get JetBlue gift cards.

huh. ur right. no freedom card. damn, i almost used that last night!
AHHHh I'm losing my marbles with all the info the past few days..... Luxe is only Starriott purchases for the TC?

So do you mean that if you book the extra night and then call to change your check-out date, you will not be able to?

I had a somewhat similar situation with Hilton last year when I wanted to change our check-in date. In order to make the change myself, I would have had to cancel the whole booking and re-book. Which wouldn't have been an issue because the room we wanted was available for the extra night, BUT the rooms we wanted for the rest of the stay (queen beds -- which we already had booked) were not available. I was afraid if I cancelled the reservation I would lose the queen beds for the whole stay. Fortunately the Hilton customer service person fixed it, but it was a bit of a hassle. But what you are saying is that Disney will not fix it?

Thanks...you too...my son lives in Orlando and said it’s been hotter than usual this September...not what I wanted to hear....
We got back last night. Our first couple of days were hot, but not bad. The last few days however, were nasty hot! 94 with mega humidity. It was brutal. We were expecting it, but the last few days were rough.

Hmm well. I thought my RMN offer worked. I've never done it before so someone tell me what I'm missing. My CF was linked to my RMN, I selected the Walgreens offer earlier, and I am almost positive it said I had $10 pending just a few ago. Now it says $0 pending and when I go to the Walgreens offer again, it asks me to link a card as though I never had CF connected.
so it's not just me the app is freaking out

Yeah, I occasionally see those free memberships or discounted memberships come in the coupons and think about it. I haven't written it off. I do love Costco though, and also am generally a big fan of Costco's ethics and how they treat their employees too, so I like giving them my money :)
I have held both memberships for many years and prefer sams for my routine shopping and gift cards. I like Costco but it is such a madhouse I rarely go anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter