I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's been the exciting and fun part of my weekend in travel hacking. The not so fun part has been researching exactly how I'm getting to Bora Bora in 2020. Ugh, that's been a headache. Happily though we were upgraded from our DVC studio at Beach Club this weekend to concierge for no reason. I was under the weather and didn't feel like hitting the parks so we actually got to enjoy the Club Lounge and found medication for the Bora Bora headache in the form of a nice Riesling. Once again, great timing for an upgrade. Hope everyone else had a good travel hacking weekend.

Went to Bora Bora, FP, Moorea and T'aha 14 years ago for our honeymoon. It's heaven. Starting to make plans for a return trip in a few years. Honestly, Bora Bora was our least favorite (though still wonderful). Moorea was the best, T'aha was paradise. We stayed at all IHG beachcombers except on T'aha we stayed at Vahine Island.

Went to Bora Bora, FP, Moorea and T'aha 14 years ago for our honeymoon. It's heaven. Starting to make plans for a return trip in a few years. Honestly, Bora Bora was our least favorite (though still wonderful). Moorea was the best, T'aha was paradise. We stayed at all IHG beachcombers except on T'aha we stayed at Vahine Island.

thats been a dream of mine, somewhere tropical, but i want to go find a place with overwater bungalow. any inputs on maldive?

any inputs on maldive?

This is on our long term list- wife keeps a sheet of copy paper on the fridge with pics of all our trips we want to do on them, and when we do a destination it gets crossed off. That one still needs and 'X'. Back when Club Carlson was an easy earn- easy redemption a couple of years ago we amassed a couple million points with them. I am holding on to the last 500k or so just for the Maldives since there is a Radisson Blu being built there.

Last edited:

Moorea is on the list as well and likely where we will spend the most time since we've heard great things. Flights to PPT is where I'm giving myself a headache. That and booking Thalasso IHG will be challenging to put it mildly.
:thanks:
I had been refreshing the amex offers all weekend and when it popped up I was so excited :) I am sort of a relentless MR stalker these days :rolleyes1

Thanks for the tip on stalking Amex offers. Just checked this morning and had some new one that may come in handy over the holidays. I need to make a spreadsheet though to keep track of what offers are on which of the 6 cards :confused:

thats been a dream of mine, somewhere tropical, but i want to go find a place with overwater bungalow. any inputs on maldive?

That is DH's dream. He didn't care if it was the Madives or FP. His criteria was OWB with CLEAR water. Which of course leaves out the OWBs at the Poly :laughing: I've looked at feedback from the bloggers who've done both. The consensus seems to be that there is more to do in FP and the scenery is prettier in some locations. However the Maldives has better diving and snorkeling opportunities. FP is easier to get to as well. Maldives gives you an excuse to fly Etihad though, so there is that. I like the idea of nicer scenery and more to do, but may wind up saving myself the headache and go for the Maldives. Either way, I'm not getting in the water for diving or snorkeling since I'm terrified of the ocean. Well, not so much the ocean, more so, the inhabitants with teeth. :eek: One way or another I will make it happen for him. If I can do nothing but read a Kindle for a week in an OWB in the Maldives or FP and be glad about it, he can hang with me in a castle, go on falcon excursions for a week in the rain and chill of Ireland and be happy about that :goodvibes

I just met the spend for my CIP. My second statement closed about 4 days after and the 8000pts don't show and aren't pending? Is there a delay with the CIP? Should I message them?

I just met the spend for my CIP. My second statement closed about 4 days after and the 8000pts don't show and aren't pending? Is there a delay with the CIP? Should I message them?

It took a few days (or a week?) for the 80k UR bonus to show up on my wife's account after she met her CIP spend recently. We haven't paid off the statement yet. You don't need to for the points to show pending. When a statement during which the bonus appears cuts, the points post. Give it a few days.

My sister just finished up her stay at the Dolphin (on points) on the 3rd. She said she had over $300 between the parking/resort fee and a couple room charges. No credit has shown as of yet but I don't think it's been enough time, hopefully will know within a few days.
why wouldn't it work,I wonder? it's on the list of brands it should work with (Sheraton) anyone know if there's a way to find out which hotels are excluded? I don't like the vague wording in this

OK thanks everyone. I probably made the spend late last week and then my statement just closed yesterday. I did pay the bill off since I usually just pay it off every week.
I'll give it this week and see if anything shows up in pending.

ok here's an annoying lesson learned with the BCP (I think I was warned upthread) They're really slow with their credits,etc. it took over a month to get my first months earnings in my acct- and I didn't realize I should have applied the reward to the statement balance a lot earlier than I did, so I applied it on the day I paid (a few days before due) and it sat there....with the balance it should have removed....not being removed. I gave up and PIF so I assume that credit will go on statement for the next month...long story short,it takes many days to do anything with this card apparently. But overall, a good rate of return!

why wouldn't it work,I wonder? it's on the list of brands it should work with (Sheraton) anyone know if there's a way to find out which hotels are excluded? I don't like the vague wording in this

I think the person who had asked, wondered if it would work at all at the S&D. To that, I don't know why it wouldn't.
In my sisters case... I was curious to see as she didn't pay for the room, she booked all on points. Her only fees were the resort fee and parking. She also spent some on dining within the resort and charged to the room. I believe the offer said room charges, so hopefully it will work. We were going to add on a day or 2, on points, before our Christmas trip to do the CP more conveniently, so I wanted to know for myself as well :)

It took a few days (or a week?) for the 80k UR bonus to show up on my wife's account after she met her CIP spend recently

Good to know. We usually just go in and pay it off so we don't have to think about it anymore, and when we get around to looking for and/or needing them they are where they are supposed to be.

How does the CSR $300 travel credit work? I thought I understood it to show up after each charge until you reach $300, by looking at a blog. But DH had a hotel charge post on 11/4 for over $300 and I don't see a credit. He just upgraded from CSP to CSR on 10/24 if that matters.

ETA: I do see a credit for it...it is just not right before/after the charge. It was up the list a ways. Thanks though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter