I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I put a Disney Cruise on hold on Thursday thru DCL. I wanted to book thru Costco but their website didn’t have DCL cruises loaded, so I will transfer to Costco later. In the meantime, I researched insurance and found a policy much cheaper than Disney (of course). I was debating which cc to put the deposit on when I had a mini epiphany (I know it’s probably obvious to others) that since I booked thru DCL, I could put it on my AMEX SPG Biz. Put the insurance on BOA Premium Rewards card, meeting MSR. The deposit on SPG Card now has me halfway thru that MSR.

Congrats on booking the cruise! But one question - if you move it to Costco, will your deposit have to be refunded and then put on a different card? Since Costco no longer does Amex? Or is that part of the process anyway?

Congrats on booking the cruise! But one question - if you move it to Costco, will your deposit have to be refunded and then put on a different card? Since Costco no longer does Amex? Or is that part of the process anyway?
No from what I understand the deposit stays, then the rest is paid thru Costco, after transferring. I did a chat with Costco Travel yesterday and that’s how I understood it. Unless someone else has other info?

Well all this who's who, guy or girl, age stuff struck me funny as well.

Some were easy.

The ones that were not so easy - age for SouthFayette - I had him pegged as an old retired guy at one point because he seemed to be on here all the time. Now I'm trying to figure out how he can work and be on here all the time, or maybe the all the time is an illusion for me?
And - glad you are always here as it keeps things rolling!

Gottalovepluto - thought you were a guy up until just before this discussion. Something gave it away that you were female but I'd have to read 100 pages all over again to figure it out.

Albort - always thought young male in mid twenties, than I started thinking when everyone started the discussion that maybe he is a she!
So glad that's all cleared up - SFF is a 34 yo male and Albort is a 31 yo male.

Lain - you come through at least to me as a guy from get go. I would have been extremely surprised if you were female. Age wise I've got you as late 30ties early forties. Anywhere close?

CyndiLouwho and Calypso and Tink - if you both hadn't given your ages, I had you all as 10 years younger.

...age for SouthFayette - I had him pegged as an old retired guy at one point because he seemed to be on here all the time. Now I'm trying to figure out how he can work and be on here all the time, or maybe the all the time is an illusion for me?
And - glad you are always here as it keeps things rolling!
I work 3-4 days a week out of my home office, lol. I'm in sales in Commercial Banking so lots of flexibility, lol. Yes, I'm definitely on here a lot :)

I'd like to PC my Disney Premier to the no AF card. Will this at all impact my current 1/24? Will my current Disney Rewards just move onto the new card?

I also want to cancel my current SW card and reapply for the SW Premier card so I can get another bonus (got first bonus 2 years ago this month). My annual fee has posted but I haven't gotten my anniversary RR points yet. I thought about going for the CP but I'd have trouble with the MSR and we only fly once a year so I don't think it's worth it right now. Any advice on when to cancel and re-apply? BTW, I've never canceled a card, so even that is causing me some stress! Do I just make sure the balance is zero other then the AF and call to cancel in hopes that they waive the AF?

I know this is all super basic, but it's the first step in me dipping my toe into all of this and I just want to make sure I'm not going to start with doing something wrong! :scared:

My plan after doing the above is to apply for the CIP and then CSR or CSP (again, would have trouble with the MSR if I double dipped so thinking just one). We're not traveling this year, so if I decide on the CSR I would have to wait until next year (won't use the 300. credit this year). I also want to put my DS on as a AU and CSR charges 75. for that, which I don't love. Is there another good card I could get this summer while I wait to get the CSR next year? Right now my goal is it earn UR points.

I work 3-4 days a week out of my home office, lol. I'm in sales in Commercial Banking so lots of flexibility, lol. Yes, I'm definitely on here a lot :)

small world, im in the residential real estate market as a part timer... mostly doing property management.
speaking of commercial banking, is there an event going on next week? lol. i got a friend in Commercial Banking who has to go to DC or something... lol.

I'd like to PC my Disney Premier to the no AF card. Will this at all impact my current 1/24? Will my current Disney Rewards just move onto the new card?

I also want to cancel my current SW card and reapply for the SW Premier card so I can get another bonus (got first bonus 2 years ago this month). My annual fee has posted but I haven't gotten my anniversary RR points yet. I thought about going for the CP but I'd have trouble with the MSR and we only fly once a year so I don't think it's worth it right now. Any advice on when to cancel and re-apply? BTW, I've never canceled a card, so even that is causing me some stress! Do I just make sure the balance is zero other then the AF and call to cancel in hopes that they waive the AF?

I know this is all super basic, but it's the first step in me dipping my toe into all of this and I just want to make sure I'm not going to start with doing something wrong! :scared:

My plan after doing the above is to apply for the CIP and then CSR or CSP (again, would have trouble with the MSR if I double dipped so thinking just one). We're not traveling this year, so if I decide on the CSR I would have to wait until next year (won't use the 300. credit this year). I also want to put my DS on as a AU and CSR charges 75. for that, which I don't love. Is there another good card I could get this summer while I wait to get the CSR next year? Right now my goal is it earn UR points.
Downgrading your Disney card won't affect your 5/24 status and is a great move.

Which Southwest card do you have? I assume your AF posted on 3/1? When does your statement close next...your anniversary should post with that statement and then you can call and cancel. It's VERY easy to cancel a card - you should definitely ask for a waived AF first but if they say no you can cancel with no hassle. :) Since there are 2 personal and 1 Biz version of the SW card you don't necessarily need to cancel your current card befor applying for a different "flavor". Also you don't need to earn the CP all at once. You could get one SW card now and another 6 months from now...as long as you earn 110,000 SW points in one calendar year you earn the CP for the rest of this year and all of next year.

small world, im in the residential real estate market as a part timer... mostly doing property management.
speaking of commercial banking, is there an event going on next week? lol. i got a friend in Commercial Banking who has to go to DC or something... lol.
Nothing I'm aware of but there's various levels from Large Corporate to Small Business. He may work in a different segment. I work with mid-size businesses that are less sophisticated. It's nice because I can really help advise them and add value with my background :)

Product changing your Disney card will not affect your 5/24. I think your reward dollars should stay with the account BUT I'd either call or send a message and ask or move them to a redemption card. I'm just not sure on that.

On the SW, if you are wanting to apply for the same product again, you'll need to cancel the card and wait some time before applying. I've read as little as 30 days is fine. I'd probably give it a couple of months but that's just me. You could also apply for the other product (sorry, I'm not clear which you have currently) with no wait time and even before you cancel. If you are wanting to avoid the AF, then I'd let the RR points hit and then cancel...can do that through secure messaging or call and see if they offer a retention offer to keep the card. The annual fee is covered by the points they give.

For our CSR, we kept my dh's card and then requested a 'replacement card'. I use that card as mine, and I've never had a problem.

I think the CIP is an awesome card if your goal is accruing UR!

Not really thinking about getting two of any card, but I'm just curious. Can you have more than one of any card, or is it only non-branded cards like CF? What are the rules on that?

Darn, I was off base.

I was thinking the same...had him pegged for all of 23 now...

Me too!

Not really thinking about getting two of any card, but I'm just curious. Can you have more than one of any card, or is it only non-branded cards like CF? What are the rules on that?

Dont know for sure about Chase. I know you can with Citi. I’ve had 2 Citi AA Plat cards at once and I’ve had 2 AA Executive cards at once and so has DH.

Last edited:
Yup lol. It's one odd (and potentially unfortunate) side effect that you end up wishing away time... I'm thinking about cards for fall 2019 already :rotfl2:
It is really hard. I am trying remain good for i have 5 hard credits falling off between august and beginning of 2019. However, i can used united miles for my October trip and some for next year along with my american miles.

Downgrading your Disney card won't affect your 5/24 status and is a great move.

Which Southwest card do you have? I assume your AF posted on 3/1? When does your statement close next...your anniversary should post with that statement and then you can call and cancel. It's VERY easy to cancel a card - you should definitely ask for a waived AF first but if they say no you can cancel with no hassle. :) Since there are 2 personal and 1 Biz version of the SW card you don't necessarily need to cancel your current card befor applying for a different "flavor". Also you don't need to earn the CP all at once. You could get one SW card now and another 6 months from now...as long as you earn 110,000 SW points in one calendar year you earn the CP for the rest of this year and all of next year.

Product changing your Disney card will not affect your 5/24. I think your reward dollars should stay with the account BUT I'd either call or send a message and ask or move them to a redemption card. I'm just not sure on that.

On the SW, if you are wanting to apply for the same product again, you'll need to cancel the card and wait some time before applying. I've read as little as 30 days is fine. I'd probably give it a couple of months but that's just me. You could also apply for the other product (sorry, I'm not clear which you have currently) with no wait time and even before you cancel. If you are wanting to avoid the AF, then I'd let the RR points hit and then cancel...can do that through secure messaging or call and see if they offer a retention offer to keep the card. The annual fee is covered by the points they give.

For our CSR, we kept my dh's card and then requested a 'replacement card'. I use that card as mine, and I've never had a problem.

I think the CIP is an awesome card if your goal is accruing UR!

Thanks for the info! I currently have the regular Southwest RR card. So it looks like I can apply for the SW Premier card and then cancel my current card.

Any advice on a non-Sapphire card I can get this summer that will earn me UR while I wait to get my CSR next year?

Thanks for the info! I currently have the regular Southwest RR card. So it looks like I can apply for the SW Premier card and then cancel my current card.

Any advice on a non-Sapphire card I can get this summer that will earn me UR while I wait to get my CSR next year?
I still say go for the CIP. You could apply for one of the freedom cards but the bonus is lower and its not as good of a use of one of your */24 spots

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter