I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
damn, doesnt affect me as much but it will hurt a lot of my friends going into the credit card game... :\ I think most of us are immune by it haha
Most of us hold CSR/CSP, CFU, CF, and one ink card.

If this is true, double dipping 2 cards in the same family could still work like how applying for both the CSP and CSR at the same time gets you around the "one Sapphire" rule. If you're auto approved for both, there's the workaround; but if one card goes into review, I suppose Chase could deny it for the one card per family rule.

wonder if the one card per family with chase will cross the personel/ business line meaning can we still get the SW + and the SW business, otherwise getting companion pass is going to suck after this year

If this is true, double dipping 2 cards in the same family could still work like how applying for both the CSP and CSR at the same time gets you around the "one Sapphire" rule. If you're auto approved for both, there's the workaround; but if one card goes into review, I suppose Chase could deny it for the one card per family rule.
Comments on the article seem to suggest the rumor is getting debunked pretty fast on DoC.

wonder if the one card per family with chase will cross the personel/ business line meaning can we still get the SW + and the SW business, otherwise getting companion pass is going to suck after this year

Comments on the article seem to suggest the rumor is getting debunked pretty fast on DoC.

That's what I was going to say. I wouldn't worry too much about this... yet. Also, I would think the business cards would be exempt if this turns out to be true.

Good to see DPs proving this rumor incorrect. Agree with @GlamMistress, "for now." I think the suddenness of the "one Sapphire" rule shows this could happen and would be a likely place to nerf. Restricting new applicants to one Freedom card wouldn't be too big of a loss after what happened with the Sapphire line. But yes, if new applicants can only get one SW card, that'll make getting a CP very hard. I think GlamMistress is right that we can expect Chase to treat personal and business cards differently as they have separate departments underwriting the two.

Ok, so I *thought* I was off to a good start.

DH got denied for CIP :(

Reason 1: recently requesting too many lines of credit. He bought a new truck (for business) about 6-8 wks ago. We financed thru dealership in order to take advantage of some factory rebates. Then 3-4wks later we refinanced with local credit union for better rates. That loan closed maybe 3wks ago.

Reason 2: going over limit on one more cc/revolving accts. So DH has a legit business, he has a card he uses for inventory purchases. If he finds a good deal, he buys, card swells and sometimes goes over limit. We pay down/off. Right now it has a 0 balance.

I thought maybe he could call and explain. Or is it too bad to come back from?

Also, he doesn't want to call. He's all for my new hobby but doesn't want to get involved. He says he doesn't need a diff cc and he's not going to beg :(

So what's my next step? How long will these dings effect his credit/ability to get a cc. He has a good score in general (790 something).

Should i apply for something else and wait a while before more aps for DH? Right now i applied and got chase freedom and CIP om 9/20.

We got it from American Airlines. Our also comes with 5,000 miles from AA. We are going next September!

If you are going to combine with anything from Chase Hyatt and they say no award availability I suggest hanging
up and calling back. They told me no for my dates for Kauai (it was for Memorial Weekend 2018). No availability.
I hung up and called back FOUR TIMES in 20 minutes! The 4th time a customer service rep booked it.

Makes me wonder if they are just scripted to say no:headache:

By the way in case here is a data point in case anyone did not know.

We had booked and planned to spend New Years eve and a week at Disney
World. Well because i booked Hawaii for May I cancelled it. I had $50
leftover from my Chase travel credit i put towards reservation.

That is gone. No refund. I could kick myself for doing that without researching.

On Cap1 and Barclay you get that credit back if you cancel.

By the way in case here is a data point in case anyone did not know.

We had booked and planned to spend New Years eve and a week at Disney
World. Well because i booked Hawaii for May I cancelled it. I had $50
leftover from my Chase travel credit i put towards reservation.

That is gone. No refund. I could kick myself for doing that without researching.

On Cap1 and Barclay you get that credit back if you cancel.
You get the money. When you paid your credit card statement you paid $50 less than you should have & when you get your refund it will be for the full price of what you purchased. Actually better than Cap1 or Barclay because you don't have a pesky credit remaining to use.

Also, he doesn't want to call. He's all for my new hobby but doesn't want to get involved. He says he doesn't need a diff cc and he's not going to beg :(

So what's my next step? How long will these dings effect his credit/ability to get a cc. He has a good score in general (790 something).

Should i apply for something else and wait a while before more aps for DH? Right now i applied and got chase freedom and CIP om 9/20.

My husband hates to call too! What I have done with both Chase and Amex is to call, do the initial part of finding right person to talk too, and tell them from beginning he is right there. We either have it on speaker or I hand the phone to him. They just want him to give verbal consent to have me be the one that they talk too about it. So, you could try that. You aren't out anything in trying to call.

Other than that unless there is a good limited time bonus that you want to jump on for a certain reason (i.e. I just made DH get Delta Platinum Business) then I would just have both of you take a break for a bit.

You get the money. When you paid your credit card statement you paid $50 less than you should have & when you get your refund it will be for the full price of what you purchased. Actually better than Cap1 or Barclay because you don't have a pesky credit remaining to use.

Hmm I never looked at it that way. Chase customer service rep said i would be refunded the deposit amount
but minus the 50. But your way makes more sense.

Hmm I never looked at it that way. Chase customer service rep said i would be refunded the deposit amount
but minus the 50. But your way makes more sense.
Their CSRs are, uh, incompetent. This is the way my refund was handled and many others reported the same thing. If it's changed do let us know. (And if it has changed you should def get the travel credit reinstated.)

Reason 1: recently requesting too many lines of credit. He bought a new truck (for business) about 6-8 wks ago. We financed thru dealership in order to take advantage of some factory rebates. Then 3-4wks later we refinanced with local credit union for better rates. That loan closed maybe 3wks ago.

Reason 2: going over limit on one more cc/revolving accts. So DH has a legit business, he has a card he uses for inventory purchases. If he finds a good deal, he buys, card swells and sometimes goes over limit. We pay down/off. Right now it has a 0 balance.

Bummer :(

I would agree with @kmc8826 and suggest you call recon. It seems he has a very valid reason for wanting the CIP and you have very 'explainable' reasons for the multiple accounts. It's worth a try imo. I also have a dh who does not want to call and I would also see if they will take verbal consent from him to allow you to speak for him. If Chase will not give him the CIP, then I suggest giving him a few months break to allow his credit report to settle down.

In your case, you have to wait until after Oct 20 since those cards put you at 2/30 which is the Chase limit. I'd probably give it until mid/end of Nov before applying for another card, and as long as you don't have a lot of other loans/refinances going on, it seems you should be ok. No guarantees, of course, since it appears Chase is tightening the reigns on what they are letting us have. You might consider applying for both the CSR and CSP at the same time to maybe get both bonuses.

I am planning to PC my CSP to a no fee Sapphire and then to a CFU. I'm waiting a couple of months until all my points post but then wondering once I PC to a Sapphire, how long until I can PC to the CFU?

I am planning to PC my CSP to a no fee Sapphire and then to a CFU. I'm waiting a couple of months until all my points post but then wondering once I PC to a Sapphire, how long until I can PC to the CFU?

Everything I've read suggests, basically, immediately thereafter; but I'd still give it a few days.

Everything I've read suggests, basically, immediately thereafter; but I'd still give it a few days.

yeah, ppl in flytalker give DoC credit as they were the first to learn 5/24 rule. Really hope it doesnt come out true.

Can anyone tell me why my credit score is so drastically different between 2 places? On Credit Karma it has my score from TransUnion at 698. Equifax has it at 705 and the Fico score on my Chase statement is 771 (which is more on par with where its been). I just applied for a card that pulled from TU and so I'm "pending approval". I'm NEVER pending approval. I have the CSR for gosh sakes! My utilization is low, we haven't closed anything. So why the differences?

I'm not sure if someone answered this for you or not since I'm a few weeks behind in my reading ;).

But, the difference between the credit scores is because they are using different scoring methods. Credit Karma is the Vantage Score and many call that a "FAKO" score. I've found that this score is about 40-50 points lower than what it really is. The Fico 8 score that I get through my Chase Slate card and Discover is pretty close to the actual score. Capital One and Chase Journey also use the Vantage Score through Transunion.

I bought a new car about 6 weeks ago and my actual credit score was about 12-20 points higher than my Fico 8 score.

Thank you @kmc8826 and @wendow. I'm going to talk with him about calling Monday. I just hate for him to have that hard inquiry for nothing.

Otherwise, i think that's a good plan about me doing both sapphire cards next.

Thanks again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter