I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as shopping portals, I believe JetBlue is the only one to offer points for shopping at Amazon. Marriott’s MORE app briefly offered points for shopping at Amazon, but Amazon was taken down as a merchant within the first few days and there’s no word when or if it’ll return.

Another way to earn miles and points on Amazon purchases is to use your choice of credit card to buy Amazon gift cards that you can load to your Amazon gift card wallet. The MileagePlus X (MPX) app earns you 0.5 MileagePlus miles per $1 spent on Amazon egift cards, plus a 25% mileage bonus if you have a MileagePlus credit card added to your MPX account (you don’t have to put the actual purchase on it), plus whatever miles or points you’d earn on the credit card you use to pay. The Gyft app sells Amazon egift cards, which I believe still earns 3x Ultimate Rewards points per $1 using Chase Ink Preferred and 5x UR when using Ink Cash or Plus through PayPal checkout. The Swytch app also sells Amazon egift cards, and I believe codes similarly to Gyft when using Ink cards and paying through PayPal. Then you can also buy physical Amazon gift cards from grocery stores using a credit card with a high bonus grocery category like the Amex Blue Cash Preferred (6% cash back), or from office supplies stores with the Ink Plus or Cash (5x UR).

ETA: I stack earning rewards from buying Amazon gift cards with a credit card and MPX with the JetBlue rewards for shopping through their partners portal.
I wanted to thank you for reminding me to check my points booking through the Chase UR. I just checked and a hotel I booked back in June had dropped significantly. I was able to cancel and get my points back. Ended up booking a cash and points hotel through Wyndham-Wyndham Calgary Airport for 3,000 Wyndham points plus $80 CAD. Got the points free through a Masterpass promo and paying $89 CAD is much better than using 10,000 UR.

Instantly approved for the 60,000 points JetBlue Mastercard through Barclay! I was nervous to apply but those 60,000 points will cover our flights to Salt Lake City and Vegas for our National Parks Road trip in 2019. You have to spend $1,000 in 90 days to get the bonus. The only other Barclay card I have is the Arrival Plus opened in March.

Also Jetblue's schedule is out and the schedule goes through Labor day! I was able to book EWR to MCO for August 2018, 4 people for $379.00 all in, taxes included. WDW in August, here we come. Waiting for SW to release their schedule so we can fly back into Philly.

Last edited:
I don't believe this is correct. Per the Chase page on price protection:

Advertisements Not Covered
  • Advertisements for flea markets, fire sales, limited quantity promotions, seasonal sales or auctions

I don't know how strict they'll be on that rule, but if it's a high ticket item I probably wouldn't take the chance. YMMV.

ive read that chase is pretty difficult to deal with. everyone seems to suggest discover or citi for price matching.
ive done one with citi. price matched a black friday ad.

ive read that chase is pretty difficult to deal with. everyone seems to suggest discover or citi for price matching.

It took eclaimsline (Chase’s price protection processor) over a month and several emails and calls to approve a $75 (which eventually became a $99) price difference on an iPad I purchased this summer.

It took eclaimsline (Chase’s price protection processor) over a month and several emails and calls to approve a $75 (which eventually became a $99) price difference on an iPad I purchased this summer.

im 6 months into my trip cancellation claim. they keep telling me the airlines dont pick up their calls... i tell them bullcrap because ive reached them every time, i just have to wait 20 mins... i think my claim reviewer just doesnt want to wait. :\

I had no issues price matching a coach purse last year with chase. I was even concerned because mine had silver hardware and the one in the Macy's Black Friday ad had gold hardware. But they matched it without any questions.

Thank you Lain. I have a CIP, so I would be able to get the 3x UR and UA has connecting flights out of my small regional airport. I also like that I can purchase the e gift cards when I need them rather than having to plan all purchases ahead of time to buy physical gift cards. I don't have an Ink Cash or Amex, but I can get them at Target 5% off with my red card. I think I may prefer the flexibility of buying them through MPX. Very useful information.

MPX doesn’t code 3x UR for all gift cards purchased using CIP. If you pay MPX with a Chase Visa card, like the CIP, Visa passes the coding to the end merchant’s MCC (merchant category code) and you'll get whatever bonus your card earns on that category. For the CIP, 3x UR is travel, shipping, Internet, cable and phone services, advertisement. Not very useful categories for gift cards to third party merchants.

I believe Gyft and Swych still code as 3x on CIP when checking out with that card through PayPal. But with PPDG recently nixing 3x/5x UR on Ink cards, you may want to make a small test purchase to see how those apps are coding when paying with CIP on PayPal.

MPX doesn’t code 3x UR for all gift cards purchased using CIP. If you pay MPX with a Chase Visa card, like the CIP, Visa passes the coding to the end merchant’s MCC (merchant category code) and you'll get whatever bonus your card earns on that category. For the CIP, 3x UR is travel, shipping, Internet, cable and phone services, advertisement. Not very useful categories for gift cards to third party merchants.

I believe Gyft and Swych still code as 3x on CIP when checking out with that card through PayPal. But with PPDG recently nixing 3x/5x UR on Ink cards, you may want to make a small test purchase to see how those apps are coding when paying with CIP on PayPal.

Thanks for clarifying that. I misunderstood. So Gyft would get possibly 3x UR with the CIP if I use PayPal, while MPX would get me .50 UA miles and the normal 1x UR. I've never used Gyft, I'll have to give it a try. Thanks again.

Instantly approved for the 60,000 points JetBlue Mastercard through Barclay! I was nervous to apply but those 60,000 points will cover our flights to Salt Lake City and Vegas for our National Parks Road trip in 2019. You have to spend $1,000 in 90 days to get the bonus. The only other Barclay card I have is the Arrival Plus opened in March.

Also Jetblue's schedule is out and the schedule goes through Labor day! I was able to book EWR to MCO for August 2018, 4 people for $379.00 all in, taxes included. WDW in August, here we come. Waiting for SW to release their schedule so we can fly back into Philly.

Nice! I was instantly approved on Saturday. Those 60,000 points will definitely come in handy. I'm wondering if it's worth it to have my wife apply for one as well. We pool our points on Jetblue (obviously have separate trueblue numbers but then pool them for faster free flights). I don't want to have her apply for a credit card for nothing though. But if we can double our points to 120,000 with $2,000 in total spend plus the $198 in fees that would be a sweet deal. Does anyone know if this works with Barclay/Jetblue?

Thanks for clarifying that. I misunderstood. So Gyft would get possibly 3x UR with the CIP if I use PayPal, while MPX would get me .50 UA miles and the normal 1x UR. I've never used Gyft, I'll have to give it a try. Thanks again.

gyft.com should code utility for you or the telecom section. i think giftcardmall also codes the same.
gyft is a bit tricky at the beginning but it works well, ive been using gyft.com for the past 2 years. my ink+ is my highest earning UR card out of all of them.

Nice! I was instantly approved on Saturday. Those 60,000 points will definitely come in handy. I'm wondering if it's worth it to have my wife apply for one as well. We pool our points on Jetblue (obviously have separate trueblue numbers but then pool them for faster free flights). I don't want to have her apply for a credit card for nothing though. But if we can double our points to 120,000 with $2,000 in total spend plus the $198 in fees that would be a sweet deal. Does anyone know if this works with Barclay/Jetblue?
That's a good question as my husband could apply if we could pool. I'm not sure about jetblue but I know you have to pay to pool points with SW.

Anyone with an AMEX card where you can get a discount if you pay your cable bill with it, know how far in advance you can pay up to. Other words my next bill won't be due until 12/6 and since I don't have it yet wondering if I can still pay it now before this offer expires.

Just hate to put it on AMEX and not get that discount...

Anyone with an AMEX card where you can get a discount if you pay your cable bill with it, know how far in advance you can pay up to. Other words my next bill won't be due until 12/6 and since I don't have it yet wondering if I can still pay it now before this offer expires.

Just hate to put it on AMEX and not get that discount...
I just paid mine early to get the 10% back, it let me do it as soon as my statement posted.

That's a good question as my husband could apply if we could pool. I'm not sure about jetblue but I know you have to pay to pool points with SW.

We are already pooled on Jetblue - they don't charge you to do so which is really a nice feature. I'm just wondering if it would work when she received the bonus points on her card - would they stop them from pooling or would they stop her from even getting the bonus because our trueblue points are pooled? The only reason to get the card would be for the bonus points (a very good reason).

Just a DP: CashStar is still coding for 3x UR on CIP.

Best Buy has a deal going on: Buy $150 Best Buy eGift card now, get $15 savings code later, both of which you can use to buy Disney Gift Cards in store (YMMV). Best Buy’s eGift cards in this deal are being processed by CashStar, so won’t trigger Amex Offers. However, it’s nice to know CashStar is still coding as 3x on CIP for now even with the eGift card nerfs recently.

If I use Shop through Chase, do I have to pay with my Chase card?
That's a good question. I know I was able to use my Hyatt card and still earned bonus UR points on my Freedom Unlimited card. I thought that was pretty cool...earning UR and Hyatt points all at once. Not sure about a non-Chase card though.

If I use Shop through Chase, do I have to pay with my Chase card?

I think the terms do state you have to use the Chase card associated with the UR account you’re shopping through, but I’ve seen numerous DPs that say they’ve been credited when using non-Chase cards. Seems very YMMV.

That's a good question. I know I was able to use my Hyatt card and still earned bonus UR points on my Freedom Unlimited card. I thought that was pretty cool...earning UR and Hyatt points all at once. Not sure about a non-Chase card though.

I think the terms do state you have to use the Chase card associated with the UR account you’re shopping through, but I’ve seen numerous DPs that say they’ve been credited when using non-Chase cards. Seems very YMMV.

Thanks guys. I'm buying something that's 8x points on there, but I've been throwing every little charge on my SPG Biz. I'm paying most with a gift card, so I think I'll just put the $10ish remaining dollars on the CFU. If $10 are gonna make or break me on the SPG card, I shouldn't have gone for it :)

Thanks guys. I'm buying something that's 8x points on there, but I've been throwing every little charge on my SPG Biz. I'm paying most with a gift card, so I think I'll just put the $10ish remaining dollars on the CFU. If $10 are gonna make or break me on the SPG card, I shouldn't have gone for it :)

ive done a bunch of shop through chase... i got clawed back once(groupon using citi card). got about 2 done on another card(walmart?). so like what @Lain said, very highly ymmv.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter