I made my 180 day dining reservations anyway!

nodes101

Earning My Ears
I have my (major!) doubts about our planned October trip but in the spirit of positive thinking I figured why not. So I did it.

I made all our table service reservations this week. I got most of what I wanted at the places I wanted (except for breakfast at Akershus :( so that will be lunch instead). I know these are tough times and I know a lot of people are expecting and praying for the parks to open in the summer and things to go back to normal. I'm not sure that's going to happen, at least not fully back to normal, for a while. But it felt good to do some planning, look ahead with some anticipaiton instead of aprehension and book where we'll like to be in happier times. I figure whats the worst that could happen? I'll cancel them when we make the final call but October is a long ways away.

Are you guys also making your reservations? Fastpasses for June if you are really optomistic? I'll tell you, my pesimism that our trip will happen is creaping up daily. But since I made the reservations I've pulled them up a couple of times and it puts a smile on your face just seeing them. Small wins right?

Our trip is end of August so we booked dining before all of this. However the only ADR we made was for Boma. So even if Disney opens up and it is running again, not sure we'd keep an ADR that is a buffet (unless Disney does the serving?).

Our FP date is end of June. If we are still up in the air, then I will still go ahead and book them. Having said that, I'm not too optimistic and have sortuv stopped my planning and research (which is not normal for me as I am a mega planner). But will though still come up with some sort of plan....unless Disney ends up cancelling for the summer before our FP date.

I think you did the right thing. Unless you know for sure your trip is a no-go, then you should book things as your dates open up. Nothing to lose and hopefully you can go to the restaurants and go on the rides.

We are booked for July. ADRs all booked, flights paid for. FP+ coming up soon and I will book them, but I have serious doubts about going, even if the border and WDW are open by then. I have completely lost interest in the trip at this point, and I haven't even planned which days we will be in which parks, so once FP+ time arrives, I'll probably just wing it to some degree as I fully expect that we will cancel the trip.

Everyone needs a little hope and something to look forward to. It sounds like you are realistic that it may not happen but it might, and there is no harm in wishing and planning. I hope it happens for you :wizard:.

I made my ADRs for our mid-to-late September trip & just praying it happens. Im acting like its happening. It didnt occur to me about buffets as I read above... I booked a few character meals & those are usually buffets. Im so hoping September is possible. Everything’s booked for both Disney & Universal, and was going to buy tickets for MNSSHP too.

I'm booked for June 7th... My FP+ day was yesterday... I did my selections even if I don't believe the trip will happen. And I have a trip with friends planned for November and I'm not even sure about that one.

We made all our ADR's for our late August trip at the end of February so guess we will see.....today *********** emailed me to say an earlier ressie had come available for one of my dates for Beaches and Cream so I took it....I figured why not at this point?

I made mine the other month for my Sept trip. I'm doubtful I will go but have them just in case and also a real mental pick me up to get lost in trip planning - even if not likely the trip is a go. As well as concerns re getting on a plane, and safety in the parks, I'm concerned with how much the experience will have to change. If temp check at gate, fabric masks mandatory, physical distancing, no buffets and all rides and attractions now virtual booking only, I don't know how relaxing that vacation will be. I don't know if I want to be on edge and see WDW dramatically changed or in flux this year. If so, I may be like many and put it off for another year. I know some changes will be permanent. But at least I will then have a year to wrap my mind around that, let them work the kinks out, and prepare. If every day is a battle late summer and early fall, don't know if I want to deal with that right now. Would be more of a vacation to park myself in my little backyard. Of course, know that WDW wants the guest experience to be positive so may not be that grim. Watching and waiting.

Interesting thought on the buffets which i hadn't really considered. I may have to reevaluate those.

What had crossed my mind (before the buffets) about the parks was actually the princess meet and greets. Before all this with corona, meeting the princesses was a highly anticipated activity by our kids and now that strikes me as one of the more risky activities with the hugs and posing for pics in a tight group while the princess gets cycled from family to family. Sounds to me like the ideal way to spread a virus to as many people as possible in as short a time as possible. So how would they do it if they open? Meet a pincesses at 6 feet? How would you take the pics/sign autograph books? I'm interested to see how they'll get around that one.

Interesting thought on the buffets which i hadn't really considered. I may have to reevaluate those.

What had crossed my mind (before the buffets) about the parks was actually the princess meet and greets. Before all this with corona, meeting the princesses was a highly anticipated activity by our kids and now that strikes me as one of the more risky activities with the hugs and posing for pics in a tight group while the princess gets cycled from family to family. Sounds to me like the ideal way to spread a virus to as many people as possible in as short a time as possible. So how would they do it if they open? Meet a pincesses at 6 feet? How would you take the pics/sign autograph books? I'm interested to see how they'll get around that one.
Thats funny, literally the same thought just occurred to me this morning. I was wondering, for our September trip, if Disney is open. Do I want to go to Disney if the rides dont have their intros? The rooms where a lot of the rides give their background stories/explanations? And that led me to think about if we go to Cinderellas Royal Table, hugging the princesses for pictures... My hope is Disney opens far enough in advance of Sept, that we can make an informed decision. That we’ll know the park changes & decide if we want to experience Disney that way or not, and hear feedback from other people.

I have cruises booked as well and so lots of discussion on there about bufferts, which is what made me think we should avoid them all around (unless Disney does the serving vs self serve...that may help).

My kids are past characters but you bring up a very good point. Didn't think of that. I would hesitate and probably skip character meet and greets. But what a shame as it's a big part of visiting the parks....and a huge joy for little ones.

I already had my ADRs booked for early Aug, just a sprinkling of TS. We don’t want to be tied down to TS every day. And I intend to book our FPs when our date comes up. Even if I’m not sure our trip will be a go.

I've been booking dining for early October over the past week. I really hope these grim visions of Disney future don't come true, or idk if I want to go. I can't imagine wearing a mask (little kids in masks would not go well), or the rides being different. I'm hoping the hysteria calms down by then.

Our ADR window starts on June 1, and unless there is a definitive travel restriction for late Nov, I will be happily making those ADRs.

I don’t have my head buried in the sand, and am all too aware that this trip may not happen, but I also need to keep my head in a happy place more than ever right now. It’s a survival strategy - LOL!

Ive been playing around with my ADR’s for a couple weeks now for my September trip. I got mostly everything I wanted, some not ideal times. I keep rechecking if times are available. This is my first trip. Anyone get lucky with reservations popping up? Today I also noticed my hotel, WL is coming up on Tripadvisor with an updated reopen date of July 30th, and on Disneys website has no more availability for my dates. I dont know if thats good or bad. Just waiting & seeing... Sigh.

Our ADR window starts on June 1, and unless there is a definitive travel restriction for late Nov, I will be happily making those ADRs.

I don’t have my head buried in the sand, and am all too aware that this trip may not happen, but I also need to keep my head in a happy place more than ever right now. It’s a survival strategy - LOL!

Exactly! take that moment of joy and anticipation when you can get it. We all know the current situation and can be realistic while still enjoying life.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter