I miss the Food & Wine Festival we used to have!

I miss it too. I keep hoping that someday the events will return but it's looking less likely as time goes on. In the meantime, if looking for something similar, there's the La Cava Experience in Mexico (tequila), Sangria University at Coronada Springs resort, and Wine Bar George is doing 90-min wine tasting classes with George himself on select Mondays and Tuesdays. The Swan and Dolphin are hosting their annual Food & Wine Classic event Nov 10-11. And the Waldorf Orlando and Hilton over in Bonnet Creek are hosting walking progressive dinners on Fridays and Saturdays in October and early November.

Sadly it's just a bunch of food booth that are out pretty much all year round. I remember some of the unique things too like the cranberry bog. I almost like the Festival of the Arts better (cant believe I said that) as they have the all the art booths too.
Festival of the Arts is our favorite because of all the art booths. It definitely makes it feel like more of an event than just the same old food offerings.

Why bother, the overwhelming clientele seemingly isn’t interested - how many “drinking around the world” shirts and disorderliness in the making does one need to see before determining that all you need are drink and food stops every few steps to keep the people happy …

We don't drink but are HUGE foodies and the xtras were a wonderful part of F&W. Our honeymoon had a F&G festival trip in it and we fell in love with the festivals there as we've always loved neighborhood and local festivals. The pared back versions are still nice but the shows, events and classes were a step beyond.

Like so many other things, we haven't come back since COVID. The Food and Wine used to be an every year "must-do" for us. I remember when the 45 minute wine tasting sessions, as well as the food making with a sample (including wine) were free. Now, sadly, all that's gone. But the drunks are still there. So we're not.

I am hoping that once Wallcot is finally complete they will offer some of those events again. I know they've gutted the plans for the big festival center, but it sounds as if they still plan on using that space for special events. So maybe next year?

As it exists right now Food and Wine is my least favorite of all the Epcot festivals. It's pretty much just the food booths and the concerts. We honestly prefer the food at Festival of the Arts and Flower and Garden. There might not be as many booths, but what they have seems to be a better quality and more interesting. Festival of the Holidays is a little heavy on the sweets for me, but Candlelight Processional and the story tellers still put it ahead of F & W. We are skipping F & W this year for the first time in quite a while as we have other plans for this Fall, and I'm not even sad about it.

Epcot is really getting away from the hands on participation during the festivals. There used to be a lot of gardening tutorials you could attend during F&G that aren’t done anymore as well. There used to be some creative things to do during the Arts festival, but all that is left is the mural paint by number.

My favorite festivals, in order of how much I enjoy the current form, are:

Festival of the Arts
Flower & Garden Festival
Festival of the Holidays
Food & Wine Festival

You are not alone. I’m hoping the events come back when they get the new spaces finished in the center of Epcot. I also suspect getting chefs and vendors to commit as far in advance as they needed to was difficult with all the turbulence in the restaurant industry caused by Covid.

Although I wasn’t becoming a fan of what they were turning it into. I don’t want to pay $20 just to watch some cooking demonstration, I want to watch and then eat it!

I miss how much fun the Food & Wine Festival used to be. I loved the daily wine tastings and speakers from those wineries. The daily cooking with chef classes etc. we went to the Party of the Senses several times and it was so much fun.
Agree. It's just a shell (at best) of what it once was. Now it's basically food booths which are practically run year round and not much else.

It used to be special.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter