"I must not forget to pack......"

Hilary

There's always something new to learn!
Following on from Sunday's Chat topic, what would you put on your list of things to pack for an Orlando trip?

We haven't done this topic for a while, and as I've got one of my suitcases sitting patiently on the bedroom floor waiting to be filled over the next few weeks (and a lot of others here have October trips planned) it seemed like a good time to ask for suggestions! ;)

Apart from the obvious items of clothing my must packs are

1. Cargo Pants/Shorts - loads of pockets for a long day in the parks

2. Soloman walking shoes

3. Simon's book - worth it's weight in gold

4. Unending sense of humour and a carefree aura - we're on holiday after all !

PASSPORTER!!!!!!!! I received mine this morning and I can't believe how BIG it is - its really wickid LOL

ta ta

Bottle opener and corkscrew!

:rolleyes:

A good bit of empty space.......

for all those cuddlies / trainers etc. I just know we'll be bringing back with us!

x

I agree with Poohbear - we never had enough luggage space last year, it was a nightmare trying to jam everything in!

This time round we will be packing a large holdall into an even larger empty pull along holdall and hope that it will be enough to hold all those irresistable cuties and all the Pooh stuff I'm hoping to find for my new kitchen! :D

One very important item for us is Cadbury's chocolate - we usually take a tub of Miniature Heroes which are great for putting a few in everyone's bumbags. Oh, also we take our Pringle holders, they hold just the right amount of Pringles for each person for a snack - don't know if you can still buy them now, we got them from the supermarket 2 years ago!

Zip lock bags are also a great idea for socks etc, it made things so much easier to be able to unpack and know which socks were whos, not an easy feat(!) when you have children with large feet and all the socks look the same! You can buy these bags from the supermarket in the sandwich bag section, there's even a handy printed on label so you can write the name on - I now use these for all our underwear on every holiday we take, it saves so much time. :D

Different things we took last year - stayed in a villa

a few toys for the pool , blow up beech balls. swim rings the kind you dive under water for & a small plastic ball.

cardboard sun screen for windscreen of hire car ,ours has an England flag on & made the car easier to spot.

Persil non-bio tablets & net bag of course.

plastic beakers , 1 each, for a drink when we came out of the park. Drink left in car in one of those polystyrene coolers which we bought as soon as we got there.

Plastic sandwhich bags used some of these to freeze ice to put in cooler.

Insulated bottle carrier which holds a large bottle of water & has a shoulder strap to carry it. Bought from Woolworths I think & was a God send in the parks.

Last & not least a large empty holdall.

:jester: :jester: :jester:

Mazzy,
Think you can still get Pringles at Goodings in Crossroads, saw them in June this year!!!
Also corkscrew/bottle opener but remember to put it in your hold luggage!! And finally DH as the holiday wouldn't be the same without him!!!!!!!!!
Claire :cool:

must not forget to buy a travel plug adaptor from the shop at gatwick next week

we normally pinch mum/dad's but they're on holiday with us too so they'll be using it

:)

LOL Deb

Preferably with your piccie, and the right date!!

DO NOT FORGET THE TEA BAGS!!!!!

Read the smallprint:

or the children!!

:p

we took a union jack last year - just a small plastic one because it was the Jubilee. We ended up putting it on the antenna on the car, and it made it much easier to spot in the car parks.

Bev

PS - really fiona, can't I forget Katie - just once....

Comfy shoes are a must!
And clothes,light and cool clothing is a must!
Sun lotion,book for the flight,and round the pool ;)

Obviously dont forget Dp and Kids LOL :)
Urm, A diary to write down your days,i found my virgin notepad came in handy!!!

Get a fan which sprays water too,these help round the parks,and they are great for young children!!!!

And thats all i can think of ;)

Beth xxx

P,s You all have fab times,please take me too!
:jester:

My other little "must have" is a mini whirly gig sock hanger thingy!! Around a £1 in the Pound Shop!!

Great for hanging on the shower rail to dry swimming cossies and smalls!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter