I need Disney Therapy. Are you coming or not?.... Nov/Dec 11 pre trip report

Hey, just popping in quick to let you know I'm still reading. That's awesome that you found a new Disney Store! Always hard to leave without spending too much.

That 180 day mark is always a good one. It always feels a little more real once you can start making those ADR's.:thumbsup2

Hey, just popping in quick to let you know I'm still reading. That's awesome that you found a new Disney Store! Always hard to leave without spending too much.

That 180 day mark is always a good one. It always feels a little more real once you can start making those ADR's.:thumbsup2

I know I was so happy when I saw that store. now I'm looking for an excuse to go back to spend more.. probably not a good thing :rotfl: Apparently they're doing really well though at the moment. Mam went in to get me more Vinylmations at the weekend (the addiction has started :) ) and they were sold out of the Animation series and said that those things were selling out as quick as they come it.

I'm lovin the ADR's I've got so far. I'm going to ring tomorrow and see if I can book candlelight processional dinner package because website gives the impression you can do it from 180 days out so fingers and toes crossed :)

I know I was so happy when I saw that store. now I'm looking for an excuse to go back to spend more.. probably not a good thing :rotfl: Apparently they're doing really well though at the moment. Mam went in to get me more Vinylmations at the weekend (the addiction has started :) ) and they were sold out of the Animation series and said that those things were selling out as quick as they come it.

I'm lovin the ADR's I've got so far. I'm going to ring tomorrow and see if I can book candlelight processional dinner package because website gives the impression you can do it from 180 days out so fingers and toes crossed :)

They have some very cool Star Wars vinylmations. Anakin keeps hinting that he likes them. But what would a 7 year old do with them? They are collector items not toys. I can't imagine he would be content just displaying them. Maybe for Christmas?

They have some very cool Star Wars vinylmations. Anakin keeps hinting that he likes them. But what would a 7 year old do with them? They are collector items not toys. I can't imagine he would be content just displaying them. Maybe for Christmas?

I have mine on my window sill which is kind of used as a shelf. Mam got me two from urban series 6 because they had none of the animation ones. I might use those to trade but then I'm thinking by then I'll prob be to fond of them to trade them on lol.

On a side note got tangled dvd last week and watched it again tonight. I love Maximus and Pascal :love:

Joining in! Love the retro pics, how cool. And yay for being able to book your ADR's!! I love that planning milestone! :laughing:

Welcome!:)
Your welcome.. I actually remember where there's more random disneyland Paris pics today so will go root them out as well and post them.
I love the character meals and planning in general gets me so excited... Now just to wait for Universal to release Grinchmas and Macy's details so I can decide what tickets to buy lol

So day 5 of our trip is going to be Epcot. (I know I skipped Day 4 that's prob going to be shopping/mass day)
I booked for Garden Grill today and I rang the dining number as it gives the impression on the WDW site that Candlelight processional can be booked now. It can't and they don't have a date for when that will happen. They said it will just happen one day! But they did say I can just add Candlelight dinner package to my existing reservation when the time comes. I might try get earlier booking though when I can do Candlelight package because I was only able to get Garden Grill for 5.55 and would like it earlier.

Anyways Epcot we need to explore alot. I did a quick run through world showcase in my sprint around the world last year (see my trip report) and we did kind of explore Mexico and China last year but we've never done this park properly. I think the only two rides we've done here are Nemo and Donald so we need to do everything :)
Can anyone tell me more about Soarin and Ellen's Energy adventure though are they a rollercoaster type thing or what?

Now for the retro stuff:
fgdfgd.jpg

SAM_0645.jpg

I couldn't find any pics of the park but I have pics of the plushies from 1995 :)
Florida950002t.jpg

Florida950002.jpg

Anyways Epcot we need to explore alot. I did a quick run through world showcase in my sprint around the world last year (see my trip report) and we did kind of explore Mexico and China last year but we've never done this park properly. I think the only two rides we've done here are Nemo and Donald so we need to do everything :)
Can anyone tell me more about Soarin and Ellen's Energy adventure though are they a rollercoaster type thing or what?

Ellen's Energy is kind of like the great movie ride as far as the transporation part goes. It takes you on a journey through time with Bill Nye the science guy and Ellen in a slow moving theater car.

Soarin' is not like a roller coaster at all. You sit in a glider seat. Your rows seats will move up into the 360 screen to immerse you into the movie. At the end of the movie, the rows go back into place on the floor. It is a smooth movement to and from the screen. Kind of like an elevator with the movement of an escalator. It is not super fast, but the movement takes place in the dark to and from the screen. Once at the screen, there is gentle gliding.

Hope that helps.

Ellen's Energy is kind of like the great movie ride as far as the transporation part goes. It takes you on a journey through time with Bill Nye the science guy and Ellen in a slow moving theater car.

Soarin' is not like a roller coaster at all. You sit in a glider seat. Your rows seats will move up into the 360 screen to immerse you into the movie. At the end of the movie, the rows go back into place on the floor. It is a smooth movement to and from the screen. Kind of like an elevator with the movement of an escalator. It is not super fast, but the movement takes place in the dark to and from the screen. Once at the screen, there is gentle gliding.

Hope that helps.

Cool thanks. I think Ellen's Energy would work. I'm not sure if momma would like soarin but we'll see.

Cool thanks. I think Ellen's Energy would work. I'm not sure if momma would like soarin but we'll see.
Those were excellent descriptions of both rides. Just a couple of things to add, Ellen's Energy adventure is very tame, but it takes a lot of time. You move through some theaters and a scene with dinosaur animatronics. It is really interesting, but from pre-show to walking out, you'll spend probably 45 min to an hour there.

As far as Soarin' goes... my mom hates anything that leaves the ground, but she loves Soarin' I know a lot of people who don't like heights or fast moving rides that have done Soarin and loved it. Hopefully she'll be willing to give it a shot and at least try it once.

Those were excellent descriptions of both rides. Just a couple of things to add, Ellen's Energy adventure is very tame, but it takes a lot of time. You move through some theaters and a scene with dinosaur animatronics. It is really interesting, but from pre-show to walking out, you'll spend probably 45 min to an hour there.

As far as Soarin' goes... my mom hates anything that leaves the ground, but she loves Soarin' I know a lot of people who don't like heights or fast moving rides that have done Soarin and loved it. Hopefully she'll be willing to give it a shot and at least try it once.

Yeah sure I'll talk to her about them. I'm still continuing my mission from last year of find new things to do in disney. Epcot is going to be easy to find new things. I think Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom will be hardest but I'm sure I'll find something to amuse us both for the day in all the parks :) 176 days left today.. Can't wait :)

Now I am finally caught up on everything! Loving your plans and the Disney store in Ireland...How fun! I really didn't know what a vinylmation was, until recently, so now I know they are to be displayed and not toys! Disney comes up with the coolest things to make me want, lol! I love that you got your Marie! The hat in honor of your Dad is such a touching idea and I love that you keep your brother and Dad close in your locket. Praying today is a wonderful, stress free day! :goodvibes:flower3::goodvibes

I can't remember if I've posted here before or not, but I love the title of your PTR :rotfl: Disney Therapy is the best!

I also love the vintage pics! We forget how much things really have changed until we see things like that!

Looks like your Dublin shopping trip was a success! I am so jealous of the Marie (my dd favorite character when she was little)...tell me more about these vinyalmation figures.

Now I am finally caught up on everything! Loving your plans and the Disney store in Ireland...How fun! I really didn't know what a vinylmation was, until recently, so now I know they are to be displayed and not toys! Disney comes up with the coolest things to make me want, lol! I love that you got your Marie! The hat in honor of your Dad is such a touching idea and I love that you keep your brother and Dad close in your locket. Praying today is a wonderful, stress free day! :goodvibes:flower3::goodvibes
I was so excited when I saw the Dublin Disney store. I saw Vinylmations when I was on holidays before and thought they were silly but then changed my mind when I saw them in Dublin. Now they're cute and addictive! Disney Store here are sold out of Animation series now though which is series Marie came from. I just thought it'd be nice to bring the hat as well plus it's a disney hat. If it's to hot for me to wear I'll put it on the trip mascot :) Today was good thanks... small details to come!

I can't remember if I've posted here before or not, but I love the title of your PTR :rotfl: Disney Therapy is the best!

I also love the vintage pics! We forget how much things really have changed until we see things like that!

Welcome :goodvibes
Disney therapy because all the bad stuff goes away when in Disney.. like the way medicine makes bad stuff go away :rotfl:
I love looking back at the old photos as well.

Looks like your Dublin shopping trip was a success! I am so jealous of the Marie (my dd favorite character when she was little)...tell me more about these vinyalmation figures.
Dublin shopping trip was a bit of a shock because I wasn't expecting it. Now I'm looking for excuses to go back :rotfl: I'm so happy I got Marie because she was cutest I thought. I don't know much about vinylmation tbh except they're a disney collectable and each different series has 11 known and one chaser in the series. Dublin store has Animation series although they're sold out now. They also have Urban No. 6 and Villians.

Today one of my friends wanted to go to Dublin to a dentist and asked if I would go with of course I said yes so long as I get to Disney shop :)

So went along and found this little fella:
IMG_0274.jpg

It's an Irish Vinylmation :)

Had a much better CM experience in the Disney store today as well. The first time I was there the CM's just didn't seem to be as over-excited about Disney as I was the one today was diffinately as excited if not more than me. Was great. She told me to bring in pins to trade the next day I came up :)

Then while waiting for her in the dentist I was looking at bag from disney shop which is a load of squares of what looks like different disney comics. I noticed this one in particular as it looks like Mickey Mouse is now condoning shop lifting! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
IMG_0272.jpg

Yeah I thought that one was funny alright. Naughty Mickey Mouse. :lmao:

I also forgot to say yesterday. As we were shopping I hit a mini Jackpot and found a load of new cheap disney t-shirts. I had bought t-shirt transfer paper and I was going to make a few but tested it last week and it doesn't really work very well and when I test washed it most of the picture came off so I decided to just buy over there :)
But then saw these yesterday so got me some. I have loads already but hey you can never have enough disney t-shirts right? :)
Piccies
IMG_0276.jpg

IMG_0277.jpg

IMG_0278.jpg

IMG_0279.jpg

Also in the disney shop I got a new friend again really shouldn't have because I've tonnes of plushies already but she was to cute to leave behind :littleangel:
IMG_0280.jpg

I said as well I would take a pic of my dad's hat. Well trip mascot wanted to model it... (For those of you who didn't see my last trip report Trip Mascot is called Angel and he comes on 99% of trips with me don't know why but he just does: )
IMG_0275.jpg

wanted to add in more of the possible trip schedule mainly because it's helping me remember what day I need to book the next ADR :)
So Day 6 is going to be Hollywood Studios. I didn't book any ADR's for this day because I want to try Pizza Planet. H.S. is another place we have alot to catch up on. Of course we want to see Osbourne Lights and new Pixar Pals parade. I also want to find Mike and Sully and Lightening McQueen and Mater. Then will prob do the stunt shows and backlot tour for somthing new
What is sounds dangerous? We haven't done that yet either. Also totally missed Muppets last year :( so they'll be first this year and One man's dream was closed when we were there last time so will prob do it this year as well.

Retro pics:
From 1995:
mgm05.jpg

SAM_0643.jpg

Florida950001t.jpg

From 2005:
Florida050003i.jpg

That was the last time we were there before they changed the name to Hollywood Studios but it will always be called MGM to me :)
Florida050003u.jpg

Florida050002t.jpg

We never seem to be able to make WTP character lines in this park :rotfl:

Day 7 will be rest/shopping day. We might take a little adventure to Florida Mall.

My wife is afraid of heights, but I convinced her to try Soarin. She loved it. We went on it a second time another day. I would recommend getting Fast Passes for it so you aren't waiting in line, it is a very popular ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter