I need Mickey soaps and shampoos for G.S. project!

schatz5k

Mouseketeer
Hi :wave:
I'm Ellissa Schatz. My family owns at Saratoga Springs. I am in Girl Scouts and I am working on my Bronze Award. For my project, I'm putting together gift bags for the kids at an organization called Give Kids the World. I'm making the bags and they will include Mickey soap, shampoo, and bookmarks. I'm also making gift tags. I've saved some soaps and shampoo from previous trips, but I still don't have enough. My goal is to make, fill, and donate 100 bags.
If you are interested in helping me, please pm us and I will give you my address.

Ellissa

Try contacting someone at Disney. Explain exactly what your project is and that you are doing it for your GS Bronze award. They just might donate some items to you.

Of course, I am not sure how long it will take and how much time you have before you do your project, but it is worth a try.

Good luck on your Bronze. ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

Hi Ellissa! We go to WDW once every year or so, but we usually give the soaps and stuff to neighborhood kids when we get back, to say "Thank you" for picking up the paper and keeping an eye on our house. I will go check and see if we have any left, but I doubt it. We also travel a lot to other hotels, and my husband travels for work, so we have a box of little soaps and shampoos in our bathroom I can dig through. Good luck on your project, it sounds great. Those kids will LOVE getting stuff with Mickey on it! My youngest daughter is 7 and loves being a Brownie! I hope you get LOTS of soap and shampoo :sunny: PS...We own at Beach Club Villa and Villas of Wilderness Lodge. We will be going to Wilderness Lodge for the first time this Christmas!!!! :cheer2:

Hi, Ellissa! Great timing - I had just finished cleaning out my bathroom closet and had decided to send all of my extras to a local thrift store - but I'll be glad to send them to you instead!!! I have three bath soaps, two facial soaps, and three shower caps. I'll also include a bath soap, two shower caps and a package of cotton balls/swabs from the Grand Floridian!!!!

I'm a Junior GS leader of my daughter's troop - they are getting ready to do their Bronze project in September. They'll be collecting donations for the animal shelter.

Congrats on your progress in Scouting!!!!

Hi! What is your deadline? We won't be going until October but I would be glad to help! I am also a Brownie leader (3rd year). Guess we'll be getting into that kind of thing in a year or two! Good luck to you! I agree with a previous poster...contact someone at the Disney Resorts. I bet they'd be willing to help! Otherwise....I'd also post this message on some of the other boards....the more people that see it, the better! GOOD LUCK! It sounds like a great project (maybe I'll keep it in mind for my DD!) Kathy :earsgirl:

Hi Kathy,
I plan to get the bags out the first week of December. I can take soaps up untill the last week of November. I saw you're going to WDW in October. My family went then too, in fact, I had my B-day there! princess: I also saw that you're going to MNSSHP. ::MickeyMo I went there too. In case you haven't gone before, it's awesome! There are baloons that mark trick-or-treat stations. My sister is a 3rd year Brownie an my mom is our leader.

-Ellissa :earsgirl: :flower: :earsgirl:

Hi Ellissa,

I would love to help you out. We leave for WDW Sunday. Good luck with your Bronze Award.

Hi Ellissa,
I too just cleaned the bathroom closet yesterday. I have six shampoo and 2 facial soaps. We're going back to WDW on Sunday and will be home on the 14th. If you want to PM me your address, I'll box up what I have and get and send them out when we return.

Hi Ellissa,

I have some extra soap and shampoo. I am going to WDW in early Nov if you don't get all you need for your project. I'll PM you.

--Debbie

I'm reasonably sure that Disney would be willing to send you some goodies to support such a project. I suggest you give them a call, though I'm not sure what department you'd try first.

Hi Elissa!

I will be happy to get you whatever I can. We will be staying at OKW as DVC members so they don't replenish the supply everyday. I will find one of the Mousekeepers and ask her for more! Send me a PM with your address and I can mail them to you....won't be till almost Halloween time but still before your deadline! I bet you get more than the 100 you are asking for!!! :goodvibes Kathy

schatz5k said:
Hi Kathy,
I plan to get the bags out the first week of December. I can take soaps up untill the last week of November. I saw you're going to WDW in October. My family went then too, in fact, I had my B-day there! princess: I also saw that you're going to MNSSHP. ::MickeyMo I went there too. In case you haven't gone before, it's awesome! There are baloons that mark trick-or-treat stations. My sister is a 3rd year Brownie an my mom is our leader.

-Ellissa :earsgirl: :flower: :earsgirl:

Elissa--
I have been to MNSSHP before but it has been about 5 years. I'm sure it will be fun. My kids are DD8 and DS6. We plan to dress up as Pirates. pirate: When is your birthday? Mine is October 19th and my DD's is October 3rd. We October people are so creative! Ask your mom to PM me if she has any really fun Brownie activities to do! Did you do anything in Brownies that you thought was a lot of fun? We are starting to plan for the upcoming year and could use some ideas! :wizard: Kathy

Elissa,

Sending you a pm. I have some extras from our Disney Cruise. I'll have my Junior Girl Scout send them out. Best of luck in meeting your goal.

I'll save them from our upcoming trip on 8/20 and will PM you then to get address. We are a scouting family also.

Ellissa,

We just returned from our WDW trip Sunday. The soaps, shampoo, lotions and stickers were mailed to you today.

Good luck with your project!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter