I of A or Universal Studios

Juliet25

DIS Veteran
If you had to choose, which park would you experience for one day? I'm leaning towards Universal Studios. My preference is for "cool" rides (ie, awesome special effects) over thrill rides.

Would US be the better choice? Thanks! :cool:

No, just because IOA has thrill rides doesn't mean they are high tech!!! They are very "cool". I strongly suggest you reverse your decision, IOA has much better effects and details than USF. I'm sure others will back me up...

Just to add a voice of dissent, I'd suggest USF. While I do love, IOA, many of it's attractions (Hulk, Dragons, Doom, Storm) rely solely on the motion of the vehicle for impact. While IOA does have a couple of very strong "effect" attractions (Spidey & JRA) most are "movement" based. Even Popeye and Dudley are driven largely by the pace of the vehicle.

Attractions such as Jaws, Kong, Quake, ET, MIB, T23D and BTTF are more "experiences" rather than rides.

Also, if you enjoy shows, USF has some really nice offerings.

But, it's very difficult for me to suggest anyone go to UO and just see one of the parks. Too bad you cannot do both.

Spider Man is the "coolest" ride there is!! Go to IOA.

IOA!!!! Spiderman is awesome and the different "lands" are so much fun to go thru!:)

I could not choose :)

My family had so much fun at both of these parks, with front of the line, dare I say we liked it better than WDW, if thats possible?

I almost did not schedule any time for these parks, thinking my kids would just want the magic of Disney, but after viewing their video, we had to go!!

I'm not sure I want to go to another theme park without front of the line, even thought it wasn't that busy this last May, it rocked!

Both parks are an enourmous amount of fun. My DD (10) said"wished we skipped EPCOT and spent another day here..."
I agreed. Then my son (5) said"Yeah, let's skip APRICOT next time..." Don't be angry at me EPCOT fans, to each his own....

Do they have a free planning video like Disney? Where did you get it? I'd like to get one too!

They just sent it to me, I received it right after I requested my free Orlando Magic Card. I would call the toll free number for Universal,(which I don't happen to have on me) but if you can find it here on other posts, call and ask for it.
I'll check posts later tonight and post these numbers if nobody else does.
Also get a Universal Fun Card, they are free too for the asking, and they get you discounts at the great restaurants at City Walk.

Ok, now I am home with all of my info:)

OrlandoMagicard 1-800-643-9492, free gets you lots of discounts

Universal Studios Fan Club card can only be gotten throught a human resources department. Check with yours, or significant other, friends and neighbors. Usually larger companies have these at their human resources offices, and that is the only way to get one. I probably could have got mine through work, but another person on these threads was nice enough to send me one when I e-mailed her--love how helpful people are! Room discounts, 10% off meals at many City Walk restaurants, discounts on tickets, etc....

Call Universal directly, they may send you this video, I can't see why they wouldn't 1-888-777-2131

Finally, if you do stay on-site, sign up for a Loews First card. You get freebies like a free newspaper, $35 room upgrade if you want, and gift at check in, like milk and cookies, fruit, wine, or bottled water. 1-800-LOEWS-12

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter