I really dislike flying with SWA due to their boarding process

But that's just the entitlement mindset. Don't pay for EBCI but expect other people to move around to accommodate you.
You're assuming facts not in evidence though. Maybe they did pay for EBCI, but their original flight was late, making them late to board. Maybe they had a "glitch" also and ended up with two widely separated boarding numbers and did the wrong thing (just boarded with the last one).

Agreed. Some parents (NOT all so don't jump on me people) seem to think they deserve something special just because they increased the world's population. Sorry, but no. You and your child are no more important then someone who doesn't have kids. You are not special.

I agree that parents are no more special then the non parent but if the kid needs to sit next to mommy or daddy because they can't take care of them selfs then I am not taking on that job either

On my flight home from MCO to Chicago: Gate agent pre-boarded anyone with the "special pre-board card" families rushed the gate. He then walked over to the group, held up the pre-board card and said "you need to show me THIS CARD to pre-board. Families with A boarding get in line. Those withB or C boarding will load during family boarding". I had A32 no need to deal with the whole mess and I didn't get to see the full family boarding mess since I was happily seated...

You're assuming facts not in evidence though. Maybe they did pay for EBCI, but their original flight was late, making them late to board. Maybe they had a "glitch" also and ended up with two widely separated boarding numbers and did the wrong thing (just boarded with the last one).

However, without proof to the contrary, it's a reasonable inference that parent didn't have one of those rare occurrences.

So this is where we are as a society now? It's so important to someone to sit in a certain seat on a 2 hour flight that they refuse to move so a parent can sit with their child? I mean who really cares? Is it just to prove some kind of point?

So this is where we are as a society now? It's so important to someone to sit in a certain seat on a 2 hour flight that they refuse to move so a parent can sit with their child? I mean who really cares? Is it just to prove some kind of point?

I've moved many times on flights with assigned seats so that parents or even adults together could sit together. It's when they are demanding, act entitled, or play games that I refuse.

It's is important to my family to sit together. We pay the extra for assigned seats or EBCI when we fly SW. We factor it into our trip plans. Another family with small children chooses not to pay for assigned seats or EBCI. They board and find no seats together and expect people to move for them. Why should a family who has paid extra have to move for one who thinks they shouldn't have to pay extra. If it's is a like seat, an offer to reimburse the fee paid maybe people might move. Sure there are some people who don't mind sitting in an window or middle seat. I don't like being closed in so I take an aisle seat, my 20 and 19 year old sons and hubby are tall so they prefer aisle seats. That is why we pay. If nicely asked we might move but if demanded or acting entitled no way. People need to plan and pay the extra of sitting by their snowflake is important.

Their lack of planning does not make an emergency for me. What happened to personal responsibility? If I take the time and spend the money to take responsibility as to where I sit, then why couldn't the parent? Why are they special? What makes them more important then any other person on that flight?

So no, I won't move. I picked the seat I did because of a number of reasons and I did all I could to increase my chances to get that seat. I'm not giving that up because someone thought they were "special" and didn't do the same work I did.

All I can do is shake my head at the bitterness in here. Wish I had never read this thread.

Good luck on your next boarding process.

Are you talking about the lack of personal responsibility? I see that a lot.

I do care where I sit for reasons as valid as traveling with a child. So, I do what I need to do to have the best chance of getting a seat that works for me.

Who cares? The tall guy whose legs will cramp up if he changes from his aisle seat to a middle. The first time flyer who has dreamed of his window seat for his entire life. The "perfectly healthy" looking young man whose anxiety will leave him clutching his companion's hand at take off.

Having children is not the only reason someone might be attached to their seat. Unless one is the Seating Police, one should probably not judge why someone might feel their own needs are important.

24 hours before the flight time exactly?
You can check in starting at 24 hours before your first flight (if you have a connecting flight). You are assigned a boarding position at the time you check in. If you check in 12 hours before the flight, you'll be behind someone who checked in 24 hours before the flights, but ahead of someone who checks in at 2 hours before the flight.

You can check in starting at 24 hours before your first flight (if you have a connecting flight). You are assigned a boarding position at the time you check in. If you check in 12 hours before the flight, you'll be behind someone who checked in 24 hours before the flights, but ahead of someone who checks in at 2 hours before the flight.

Hypothetical question:

Jane books a flight in Sacramento with a change of planes in Denver on the way to Orlando. Jane leaves Sacramento at 8 and Denver at 12.
Bob books a flight from Denver to Orlando on the same plane leaving at 12.

Jane can check in for her flight at 8 the day before. Does she get checked in for BOTH legs at 8, thereby putting her ahead of Bob who cannot check in until 12?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter